Coral Vue Hydros

Bowen's IM Fusion 10 - Pt. 2

Bowen1022

Nitrates are around 20ppm I have no idea about phosphates I don't have a kit yet. I just decided to go with 0.5ml just to be safe, I dont want to over dose

• Like 1

Just an update, posted on R2R as I saw some good algae forums on there and someone told me about spirulina. Spirulina is a bacteria that grows similarly to cyano, it doesn't cause any harm it just looks bad. I did a dose of chemi clean per directions and everything is looking back to normal... sort of lol. I have a few hairs of algae growing on my hermit as well as some places on the rock. Hoping that it doesnt progress to anything crazy.

Tested water yesterday and everything was in check. I also started dosing Red Sea NoPox on a daily basis to attempt to get those nitrates down and to color up my sticks.

Lastly my original red acan hasnt been puffy for about 3 days, even at night it is closed up. I went over it to see if I could find any pests which I didnt and I moved it away from the new acans and hopefully it will puff back up again soon.

Will hopefully get photos up soon

• Like 1

An update! The tank is doing well, Finally noticing growth on my SPS pieces. Here are quite a few cell phone photos, hopefully I can borrow a camera again soon.

IMG_2286_zpsgxcsakvq.jpg

IMG_2255_zps5nbzulrr.jpg

IMG_2244_zpsgpatvmsh.jpg

IMG_2238_zpswaj8hlmj.jpg

IMG_2288_zpsp99fdm24.jpg

IMG_2290_zpsktcbkmjd.jpg

Probably the best macro photo I've ever taken. This is just the outer ring of an acan

d88f97af-5b6b-4d48-8381-34b50a71a8d2_zps

IMG_2221_zpszay2hufw.jpg

IMG_2284_zpsy0qq714b.jpg

IMG_2272_zpscf4r963u.jpg

I've also been noticing all of these little hair algaes, Im really hoping its not what it could be

IMG_2223_zpsb3zwnk0g.jpg

• Like 1

Just a small update! First off, Happy Independence Day :)

Did a water change yesterday as well as stirred up a good portion of the sand bed. I'm finally letting the tank work itself out. Everything is looking pretty good besides a small white patch on my tri color (lol it doesnt have three colors just one... brown) that hopefully isnt anything serious but I will monitor it for the next few days and the few strands of algae. The algae hasn't really gotten any worse so I might just let it go until I set up my new tank. Any one know how to make sure it doesn't transfer over? I currently have Revive coral dip but what dip will work best against the algae?

I'm also finally noticing growth from my SPS pieces!! The montis have growth 'rings' as well as my Raspberry Mille is encrusting pretty fast already on the rock a tiny bit. Anyways thats all I have to say :P

• Like 1

Photo Update!

New FTS, The camera focused on the fish so the corals are blurry but whatevs

IMG_2453_zpscotcjtl9.jpg

This poor guy STN'd or bleached out but stopped and hasn't gotten any worse in a long time. Now the little nub is looking better than the piece has in a long time!

IMG_2455_zpsctseo4tk.jpg

Montipora Pic

IMG_2458_zpsvkrhhpyp.jpg

First Addition. Hairy lil guy

IMG_2456_zps01djqxfl.jpg

Raspberry Mille, starting to encrust on the rock :D

IMG_2457_zpsnjpcw1au.jpg

A little acro shot

IMG_2460_zpsar1jx8qu.jpg

And some Rics

IMG_2459_zpsnsik8yyi.jpg

Tested the water today Calcium was low around 400ppm so I upped it to around 440ppm per BRS calculator as well as upped Mg from 1200ppm to 1300ppm. For some reason my Magnesium drops pretty fast, I might have to hook it up to the doser here soon.

Overall I have been really happy with how the tank has been in the last few days. I've been dosing NoPox, 1ml a day for about 2 weeks now and am going to cut back to .5ml per day now that my nitrates are sitting lower.

• Like 1

Also placed an order with reef cleaners to get some more done around the tank lol. I didn't buy enough cleaners to begin with and I will be able to transfer over a few to the lagoon!

Looks good! I'm glad the NoPox is working, I've become a big fan.

I was pretty scared to start using it but it has been working out well!

• Like 1

Darn one of my acros fell over onto my green cap and it left a big white spot :mellow: I guess that's what happens when you don't glue stuff down. I need to get all of these frag plugs out! My tank is looking too cluttered, but everything is doing well so I don't want to mess with too much. Maybe Ill do a few at a time!

Sorry to hear about the monti.

I think your right on just doing a couple at a time. :)

At least the spot is in the back where I can hardly see lol. I'm definitely going to be gluing that guy today!

So just a quick question for anyone following this thread, I tested my water with Salifert Calcium and got 500+ when my Red Sea says 430ppm. Any idea how this could happen? I tested with Salifert twice just to make sure I didn't mess it up. Maybe I got a bad test kit or maybe my Red Sea one is bad

I moved my power head to the back corner which gave my green monti a lot of flow. It appears to be bleaching a little, possibly too much flow?

Elizabeth94

I moved my power head to the back corner which gave my green monti a lot of flow. It appears to be bleaching a little, possibly too much flow?

If it really is bleaching that would be a lighting concern, not flow. Have a pic?

Btw, I really like that red/orange rock flower nem, it so pretty

Photo Dump, Moved some rocks around just a bit

IMG_2602_zpstz4jwabh.jpg

IMG_2604_zpswwghrjxz.jpg

IMG_2603_zps6f0iqez6.jpg

IMG_2596_zpsprekncmh.jpg

Monti Cap Damage

IMG_2600_zpscefg3kxe.jpg

This guy appears to be morphing color

IMG_2601_zpsuysjbcff.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good!

When is the bigger tank going up ?

Thanks! And it will be up sometime in August. I'm going to start the cycle a week or two before I actually move in. I miss all of the fish shops in PDX already. When is your tank starting up?

Thanks! And it will be up sometime in August. I'm going to start the cycle a week or two before I actually move in. I miss all of the fish shops in PDX already. When is your tank starting up?

We are really lucky here there are a few nice shops.

Waiting on a sump to show up and then finish plumbing and a little more carpentry work on the stand. Hopefully a month or so and its in the house.

• Like 1

We are really lucky here there are a few nice shops.

Waiting on a sump to show up and then finish plumbing and a little more carpentry work on the stand. Hopefully a month or so and its in the house.

Awesome! Cant wait to see you actually set up a tank :P

Awesome! Cant wait to see you actually set up a tank :P

I have set up a few so far look in my sig.......granted the 20 is torn down and the 40 beater tank is just temporary.....

I have set up a few so far look in my sig.......granted the 20 is torn down and the 40 beater tank is just temporary.....

Well I knew about those, I mean a real set up!