Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bowen's IM Fusion 10 - Pt. 2

Bowen1022

Just some random photos

Top Down

IMG_1575_zps2v11bsdi.jpg

Unknown SPS is doing well showing some good PE. Starting to kinda color blue tips

Unknown%20SPS_zpsuhgbmswz.jpg

Acan

IMG_1578_zpszxmttx7v.jpg

Armor of God (Still wacky but Ive just let it be.)

IMG_1577_zpszkqqux5h.jpg

GB Juggernaut (this guy is growing more mat on the frag plug so Im hoping it sprouts another head soon)

IMG_1579_zpsb1kpb28e.jpg

• Like 1

Rearranged some stuff to make a place for the new things Im getting next Thursday. Eventually Ill get a lot of these frag plugs out of here lol

IMG_1637%202_zpsv1nwvezb.jpg

Also took some photos with the macro lens for my phone. It works well but you have to be about an inch away from the subject.

IMG_1600_zpskq9q1lpt.jpg

IMG_1598_zpsvwa5occb.jpg

• Like 3

Looks good! Great PE on those SPS :)

Thanks teeny:) I hope that brown guy colors up a little more but who knows

• Like 1

Algae will always grow right away on the dead part of bleached SPS. It's one of the ways you can tell it's not going to come back, unfortunately. :(

I was wondering what you thought of this....it seems like the monti is getting bleached and algae is going on the bleached parts....should I remove the monti? Will it make it??

20160317_170513_zpsmfgkl3qn.jpg

I was wondering what you thought of this....it seems like the monti is getting bleached and algae is going on the bleached parts....should I remove the monti? Will it make it??

If you can, frag the good part of the monti now to try to save a piece. Happened to me too. Monti started losing color and then algae started to grow on its surface. From all the research I've done, people say that algae shouldn't be able to grow on a monti that's still alive. So those parts of it are dead. Hope you can save it.

If you can, frag the good part of the monti now to try to save a piece. Happened to me too. Monti started losing color and then algae started to grow on its surface. From all the research I've done, people say that algae shouldn't be able to grow on a monti that's still alive. So those parts of it are dead. Hope you can save it.

Crap...that's kinda what I thought...but does that mean the parts that aren't bleached are still alive? And can I cut it with pipers or should it be a straight cut like with a saw blade?

Crap...that's kinda what I thought...but does that mean the parts that aren't bleached are still alive? And can I cut it with pipers or should it be a straight cut like with a saw blade?

Doesn't need to be straight. Just use some clippers or use your hands and break off a piece.

I think a good way to tell if it's alive is if it feels slimy. When it's healthy it will excrete slime when handled. But my bleached and most likely dead monti just felt like a rock.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Rearranged some stuff to make a place for the new things Im getting next Thursday. Eventually Ill get a lot of these frag plugs out of here lol

IMG_1637%202_zpsv1nwvezb.jpg

Also took some photos with the macro lens for my phone. It works well but you have to be about an inch away from the subject.

IMG_1600_zpskq9q1lpt.jpg

IMG_1598_zpsvwa5occb.jpg

Lots of corals in there already. I like the scape.

Doesn't need to be straight. Just use some clippers or use your hands and break off a piece.

I think a good way to tell if it's alive is if it feels slimy. When it's healthy it will excrete slime when handled. But my bleached and most likely dead monti just felt like a rock.

This is a good point! My Montis make my hands all slimy if I touch them.

Also sorry to hear about your cap dferrari. I hope you can save it. If not just try again!! My second attempt I had to leave them on the sand bed for a while and then I moved them both where the green one is and then finally moved up a little bit further

Lots of corals in there already. I like the scape.

Thank you!

I'm getting 3 rics and 2 RFA on Thursday

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

This is a good point! My Montis make my hands all slimy if I touch them.

Also sorry to hear about your cap dferrari. I hope you can save it. If not just try again!! My second attempt I had to leave them on the sand bed for a while and then I moved them both where the green one is and then finally moved up a little bit further

Thank you!

I'm getting 3 rics and 2 RFA on Thursday

did you get them off of classifieds?

Oh lol someone's on classifieds was selling exactly 3 Rics and 2 RFAs haha

Oh wow lol. I can't bring myself to order online because the shipping is pretty expensive

Got back to school where my tank is after 4 days away. My green monti appears to be bleaching so I moved it down on the sand bed. Also my acan got knocked over and was on its side for who knows how long so it got pretty pissed off. I hope it is ok though. Im working on a water change and I will be testing params a little bit after.

Here are photos of the acan and green cap

IMG_1036_zpscmkf4vav.jpg

IMG_1037_zpsujnuo42s.jpg

Hoping these guys come back to normal!

Well I was bored and took a crap ton of photos tonight some good some bad but oh well... Anyone have any tips on how to get the 'grain' out of the photos?

PHOTO DUMP

FTS: 3/22/2016

IMG_1080_zpsanx56baf.jpg

IMG_1082_zpsz9tpjevn.jpg

IMG_1074_zpschexnvur.jpg

Blenny (This guy is hard to photograph)

IMG_1125_zps16imeweh.jpg

Some of my favorite shots

First SPS Frag Ever

IMG_1051_zps6dmzqbk6.jpg

IMG_1079_zpsw1ql9yiq.jpg

Lav Mint Sarmentosa

IMG_1053_zps7y3zfjv1.jpg

IMG_1078_zpsomrckqz4.jpg

Birdsnest

IMG_1058_zps27eoq0qd.jpg

Blue German Digi (Noticed good growth!)

IMG_1055_zps6akbuzrs.jpg

GB Juggernaut (Please grow another polyp soon :wub: )

IMG_1087_zpsg1ywxrwl.jpg

IMG_1075_zpsj6yit0ly.jpg

Green cap still has polyps so hoping it colors back in to time :)

IMG_1038_zpszb3ngkw9.jpg

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Well I was bored and took a crap ton of photos tonight some good some bad but oh well... Anyone have any tips on how to get the 'grain' out of the photos?

PHOTO DUMP

FTS: 3/22/2016

IMG_1080_zpsanx56baf.jpg

IMG_1082_zpsz9tpjevn.jpg

IMG_1074_zpschexnvur.jpg

Blenny (This guy is hard to photograph)

IMG_1125_zps16imeweh.jpg

Some of my favorite shots

First SPS Frag Ever

IMG_1051_zps6dmzqbk6.jpg

IMG_1079_zpsw1ql9yiq.jpg

Lav Mint Sarmentosa

IMG_1053_zps7y3zfjv1.jpg

IMG_1078_zpsomrckqz4.jpg

Birdsnest

IMG_1058_zps27eoq0qd.jpg

Blue German Digi (Noticed good growth!)

IMG_1055_zps6akbuzrs.jpg

GB Juggernaut (Please grow another polyp soon :wub: )

IMG_1087_zpsg1ywxrwl.jpg

IMG_1075_zpsj6yit0ly.jpg

Green cap still has polyps so hoping it colors back in to time :)

IMG_1038_zpszb3ngkw9.jpg

Looking good. I believe that you have a bird of paradise in there.

Looking good. I believe that you have a bird of paradise in there.

Yep! That's what I called birdsnest I just didn't want to type it out lol

• Like 1

Got a new fish today. A firefish its name is Zak. I also finally named my blenny Benjamin

The green cap appears to have lost a little bit more color. I know its not STN/RTN. Whats the best way of getting the color back?

My Parameters;

-pH 8.0

-Ammonia: 0ppm

-Nitrite: 0ppm

-Nitrate: 0-5ppm

-Calcium: 400ppm (Working on getting back up)

-Alkalinity: 8.4dkH

-Magnesium: 1400ppm

• Like 1

What camera are you using? I've found my best results using a tripod, turing ISO to the lowest setting and just turning down the shutter speed until my photos are just bright enough.

I'm jealous of your TSB, I really miss mine! I think the perchlet is pretty cool though. Post some pics of your new fish when you can! Followed.

Also. Does your light have a moonlight setting? If so, has it affected your micro ATO?

What camera are you using? I've found my best results using a tripod, turing ISO to the lowest setting and just turning down the shutter speed until my photos are just bright enough.

I'm jealous of your TSB, I really miss mine! I think the perchlet is pretty cool though. Post some pics of your new fish when you can! Followed.

Also. Does your light have a moonlight setting? If so, has it affected your micro ATO?

Im using a Canon Powershot. My little sister got it for Christmas and Im borrowing it. Thanks for the follow! Im following yours too.

My light does have lunar mode but I dont use it I just dim my blues down to about 10% but it hasnt affected my ATO at all. Is it affecting yours?

Got 5 rics today as well as 2 RFA's and a random zoa frag!

IMG_1148_zps5s7aaiap.jpg

IMG_1147_zpskvmzknsr.jpg

IMG_1144_zpsbvzvmx70.jpg

e135e54e-0562-4435-b222-13ecf213b6d1_zps

Firefish

IMG_1143_zpsfpxczjyj.jpg

Rearranged some stuff. Im still wondering what to put on the left rock.

IMG_1157_zps0lr6ngf6.jpg

• Like 3

Pretty sure the green cap is a gonner... Oh well I guess not much I can do except wait it out. Probably just buy a new one here shortly!