Pod Your Reef

Lawnman's Red Sea Reefer 170

Lawnman

She is available babe :P

Thanks did you ever start a build thread I missed?

Not on this tank but on a old 1/2 glass one it did. I use reef crest up to 60% I believe buddy.

Gorgs and sponges instead of wine and roses? :lol:
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Glenn. I think plenty of people are digging softies for there lack of forgiveness lately. Especially with how busy peoples schedules are and such. I actually sent that Jawbreaker to Jack a few months ago. Hopefully he hasn't killed it :unsure:

I started to glue it to my rockwork.....but said F it. It floated and tumbled around for quite awhile like a handicapped transient bum at the beach......then it was gone. I'll have to look and see if I can spot it anywhere now thay I can actually see into my tank.

Gorgs and sponges instead of wine and roses? :lol:

You know this buddy :).

I started to glue it to my rockwork.....but said F it. It floated and tumbled around for quite awhile like a handicapped transient bum at the beach......then it was gone. I'll have to look and see if I can spot it anywhere now thay I can actually see into my tank.

:huh:
EquinsuOcha

I don't mind doing siphon water changes minus I always get water on the glass dumb reason to want to make it easier but easier is well easier

is there a Y pipe in your sump area to do a water change? Easily added if not?

No I siphon from the display. Or you can use a pump and take water out of the sump.

In theory could you put a ball valve and y on the return pump and take it from their?

Yes but I take from the display. The Red Sea Reefer has a gravity fed auto top off. If you take from the sump the ball drops and the freshwater from the top off starts dripping in.
HarryPotter

Yes but I take from the display. The Red Sea Reefer has a gravity fed auto top off. If you take from the sump the ball drops and the freshwater from the top off starts dripping in.

I am thinking I want a cheap valve in the ATO Container--> float valve tubing. Would be pretty easy to do and nice for working in the sump.

I am thinking I want a cheap valve in the ATO Container--> float valve tubing. Would be pretty easy to do and nice for working in the sump.

Hell a air line valve would do it.

Will it? I thought the tubing was a bit wider than airline.

I don't think so it might be thicker but the inside hole seems to be the same.
HarryPotter

I don't think so it might be thicker but the inside hole seems to be the same.

I would probably forget to turn it back on TBH :lol:

EquinsuOcha

I was thinking about a valve for the ATO too.. How is the ATO in your tank? worth keeping over my ATOmicro?

I was thinking about a valve for the ATO too.. How is the ATO in your tank? worth keeping over my ATOmicro?

I like the ATO because it's all manual no pumps or cords to mess with. But the container only holds 1 1/2 gallons so I fill it up every 2 days.

thats cool looking.

what camera do you use?

Just my Iphone 6S.
shaneandjohn

Oh yeah! That's the hotness! I have a nice one growing as well that I got from Glenn!

I am out doing a Steak Dinner and Drinks with the Mrs, thanks for the idea!

EquinsuOcha

I like the ATO because it's all manual no pumps or cords to mess with. But the container only holds 1 1/2 gallons so I fill it up every 2 days.

Just my Iphone 6S.

Good point on the ATO. currently on my BC29 I go through 1 gallon every week in top off water. I assume thats because its enclosed even though i leave the little feedin lid open.

I just started using my iphone for pics. got a tripod mount for it.

do you turn your blue lights down when you take pictures and videos?

Good point on the ATO. currently on my BC29 I go through 1 gallon every week in top off water. I assume thats because its enclosed even though i leave the little feedin lid open.

I just started using my iphone for pics. got a tripod mount for it. do you turn your blue lights down when you take pictures and videos?

Usually when I do a video all the colors are at 100 % sometimes in the photos I turn the whites to 50%.

Oh yeah! That's the hotness! I have a nice one growing as well that I got from Glenn!

I am out doing a Steak Dinner and Drinks with the Mrs, thanks for the idea!

Welcome :) I had a 10 oz filet :P

Just skimmed your thread looking at all the videos. Your leathers look wonderful and that purple gorg is sweet. Love the corky too.- just so flowy. Your tank reminds me I need to add gorgs also when I start my 40 over.

Usually when I do a video all the colors are at 100 % sometimes in the photos I turn the whites to 50%.

Do you use any filters or a special app or anything? I can't ever get my iPhone 6s to take any decent pictures of my tank.

Archived