Top Shelf Aquatics

Lawnman's Red Sea Reefer 170

Lawnman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooohhhhh some SPS :P

Hell no!

Just skimmed your thread looking at all the videos. Your leathers look wonderful and that purple gorg is sweet. Love the corky too.- just so flowy. Your tank reminds me I need to add gorgs also when I start my 40 over.

Yes you do and thank you. I need to follow your thread but not sure which one is your build thread.

Do you use any filters or a special app or anything? I can't ever get my iPhone 6s to take any decent pictures of my tank.

No I just try to hold it steady and wait for it to focus. Have you tried backing off the blue?
Sk8n Reefer

Oooohhhhh some SPS :P

Now we're getting somewhere........eventually he'll see the light ?.

Lawn-

How do you like your curve 5.......I am about over my SC skimmer. I have a mod to try as a last ditch effort I looked at the 5 last night. It seems the most reasonably priced for its size. Does it pull dark skimmate ?

Now we're getting somewhere........eventually he'll see the light .

Lawn-

How do you like your curve 5.......I am about over my SC skimmer. I have a mod to try as a last ditch effort I looked at the 5 last night. It seems the most reasonably priced for its size. Does it pull dark skimmate ?

Not sure any light will get through all the weeds :lol:

I have a curve 5 and am going to set it up today in my temporary set up. Hopefully it works out. I know ninjamyst had one and went with a bigger one on his Reefer.

Lawn-

Have you measured nitrates and phosphates? Maybe without the fish in your new tank there just isn't enough stuff to skim? that's so weird how my SCA skimmer produces gross sludge and you can't get yours to do the same :( I know we have different models though so maybe that is it.

Pot calling kettle black ;) weed hater

I actually have weeds though ;)

I don't see any SPS in your tank :P but I still like it anyway......

Sk8n Reefer

Have you measured nitrates and phosphates? Maybe without the fish in your new tank there just isn't enough stuff to skim? that's so weird how my SCA skimmer produces gross sludge and you can't get yours to do the same :( I know we have different models though so maybe that is it.

nothing's measurable despite heavy feeding. ?. Fish would definitely help

I have one brown monti on the sandbed that grows like crazy lol

Brown because it is shaded by the weeds ?

nothing's measurable despite heavy feeding. ?. Fish would definitely help

Just get a few tangs they are poop factories ;)

Lawn-

Yes once it gets dialed in they pull really dark skimmate. I am really happy with it. Some say they can't get them dialed in but I have no problem.
Sk8n Reefer

no tangs for me- but I am going to lfs today ? I have the two clowns and tail spot in the Nuvo that need to come over to the 50

I would assume nitrates? Not familiar with those picky little things :)

Yes once it gets dialed in they pull really dark skimmate. I am really happy with it. Some say they can't get them dialed in but I have no problem.

What water level is yours in ? or should say what level have you found to work the best ?

no tangs for me- but I am going to lfs today I have the two clowns and tail spot in the Nuvo that need to come over to the 50

WHAT no tangs........I love them so I have to have one.

no tangs for me- but I am going to lfs today I have the two clowns and tail spot in the Nuvo that need to come over to the 50

I just left a LFS I never frequent. So sad they have a 300 gallon reef they filled with artificial decorations :wacko: and bigger fish. Place was a nasty Bryopsis and bubble algae mess

What water level is yours in ? or should say what level have you found to work the best ?

8-8 1/2 inches seems to work best.
righttirefire

WHAT no tangs........I love them so I have to have TWO.

Ftfy

I have one brown monti on the sandbed that grows like crazy lol

And you have a mint pavona on the back wall, a pink styotinela (I forget how to spell it and i'm not looking it up) and some fuzzy brown porites :lol:

nothing's measurable despite heavy feeding. . Fish would definitely help

I wouldn't worry about the skimmer then. Mine didn't skim much until the dissolved organics really increased. It was a pretty clear skim since there was nothing to take out of the water. I'd wait until you get your fish in there before buying another skimmer as I don't think you'd get much of a difference with another one just yet.

I just left a LFS I never frequent. So sad they have a 300 gallon reef they filled with artificial decorations :wacko: and bigger fish. Place was a nasty Bryopsis and bubble algae mess

8-8 1/2 inches seems to work best.

oh man. that's sad about the 300 gallon reef :( I blame those Tanked guys - that show where all they use are big fish and cheesy artificial decorations :(

:lol: I was going to ask did the guys from Tanked build it :rolleyes: I swear lets put fake rubber coral in a nice tank........

Sk8n Reefer

I don't mind them- just not part of the grand master plan ?

And you have a mint pavona on the back wall, a pink styotinela (I forget how to spell it and i'm not looking it up) and some fuzzy brown porites :lol:

I wouldn't worry about the skimmer then. Mine didn't skim much until the dissolved organics really increased. It was a pretty clear skim since there was nothing to take out of the water. I'd wait until you get your fish in there before buying another skimmer as I don't think you'd get much of a difference with another one just yet.

oh man. that's sad about the 300 gallon reef :( I blame those Tanked guys - that show where all they use are big fish and cheesy artificial decorations :(

I don't have a monti that is a brown porite I was confused :lol:

Where is Teeny I thought of you when I picked this guy up :)

246E1ED8-A3BA-49F8-9B1B-120822C59679_1.j

What's one more gorg from the algae ridden frag bin :P

Blueberry lets see if I can keep it alive

B28A7952-1176-45DD-B604-42674B5C6C4A_1.j

No meat in this tank, Lawn?

Just a few LPS pieces. Got sick of chasing numbers and dosing with a tank full of LPS. Now all I have to do is feed the tank and a squirt of plankton for the sponges and gorgs and done for the day :).

He lost his meat years ago

No wonder you don't want to be neighbors now ;)

Archived