ReefCleaners.org

Lawnman's Red Sea Reefer 170

Lawnman

:lol: he totally does! Thanks buddy, that's a nice looking fish there

Its that one big eyeball starring at you.............

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EquinsuOcha

I might just buy 1 of each in nano size... Spectra, my earlier statement on another thread was I was trying to avoid purple because of my rock, insane purple, I don't want the tank to looked washed out with purple if that makes any sense.

after thinking about it, and looking at others tanks especially lawns; I think it will be ok, because once everything else grows in it might actually look really nice.

I was looking at those too.

Well if you are ok with the purple now you need this also ;)http://www.kpaquatics.com/product/purple-sea-rod/

on a side note, I don't know if this is the right word or not, but can you prune them down once they grow?

I might just buy 1 of each in nano size... Spectra, my earlier statement on another thread was I was trying to avoid purple because of my rock, insane purple, I don't want the tank to looked washed out with purple if that makes any sense.

after thinking about it, and looking at others tanks especially lawns; I think it will be ok, because once everything else grows in it might actually look really nice.

I was looking at those too.

on a side note, I don't know if this is the right word or not, but can you prune them down once they grow?

Yes, you can definitely prune the gorgonians. The corky sea finger comes in different colors so I think you end up getting what KP has in stock. Mine has more dark tan polyps and Lawn's almost has yellow polyps.

EquinsuOcha

Yes, you can definitely prune the gorgonians. The corky sea finger comes in different colors so I think you end up getting what KP has in stock. Mine has more dark tan polyps and Lawn's almost has yellow polyps.

nice!

When you cut them, do you use bone cutters? I have never touched one, so I don't know if they are hard or squishy haha. I would them say its safe to assume if you "prune" an end off of one you can stick it on a plug with some epoxy and grow it out for sale?

nice!

When you cut them, do you use bone cutters? I have never touched one, so I don't know if they are hard or squishy haha. I would them say its safe to assume if you "prune" an end off of one you can stick it on a plug with some epoxy and grow it out for sale?

Well, the corky finger is kinda squishy with a hard skeleton in the middle :) It feels gross :lol: the other gorgs are a bit harder. I use some small bone cutters to clip them. And yup, all you need to do is glue the part you clip to some rubble or something and you can sell the frags. or you can just clip part and glue it to your rocks directly if you want to put more than one in your tank :)

nice!

Scissors work just fine. Yep you can frag a piece and grow it out for sale. My favorite gorgs are purple sea rod and the purple feather.

This is a purple feather

BD54B08A-1545-443B-B5FA-C919BBA3D883.jpg

Scissors work just fine. Yep you can frag a piece and grow it out for sale. My favorite gogs are purple sea rod and the purple feather.

This is a purple feather

BD54B08A-1545-443B-B5FA-C919BBA3D883.jpg

Hows the morgonian gorgonian doing for you?

Do you have to keep food in your fridge for them? or do they have a liquid I can keep in my stand?

You can use things like reef roids or reef chili which are powders. These are photosynthetic so they don't need to be fed a ton. Probably just once or twice a week. Lawn has had better success with the gorgs so I'm sure he will chime in too :)

OR you can get some phytoplankton and keep it in the fridge and just drop some in once or twice a week as well.

jedimasterben

I checked out KP aquatics. I chose these two, and reverted my earlier purple statement haha.

http://www.kpaquatics.com/product/corky-sea-finger/

http://www.kpaquatics.com/product/purple-sea-feather/

Just be warned that the corky sea finger isn't actually a gorgonian, it is a bryozoan, more closely related to hydroids than gorgonians, and is extremely aggressive and will encrust over anything around it, so I would make sure to either separate it from the rest of your rockwork or just not get it :)

EquinsuOcha

Just be warned that the corky sea finger isn't actually a gorgonian, it is a bryozoan, more closely related to hydroids than gorgonians, and is extremely aggressive and will encrust over anything around it, so I would make sure to either separate it from the rest of your rockwork or just not get it :)

Thank you for that, most likely ill steer clear of it then... I have some GSP that I bought an aquamag for, so when it does grow out I can use a razor blade and cut off the plastic back wall haha.

i might be hella late but im in love with this tank! Following.. :wub:

Thank you :) better late than never ?

Hows the morgonian gorgonian doing for you?

Slow grower IMO.

Do you have to keep food in your fridge for them? or do they have a liquid I can keep in my stand?

What Stella said I use a frozen food to called Reef Frenzy. I also use a squirt of plankton that's a liquid once a week.
EquinsuOcha

going to go with the purple sea feather and the sea rod. Thank you. :)

I will place an order around the 15th of the month.

Thank you for that, most likely ill steer clear of it then... I have some GSP that I bought an aquamag for, so when it does grow out I can use a razor blade and cut off the plastic back wall haha.

The corky encrusts like GSP so that is something to consider. I also like the sea whip gorgonian as well.
jedimasterben

going to go with the purple sea feather and the sea rod. Thank you. :)

I will place an order around the 15th of the month.

I wish they would start updating more of the photos on their site, because some of them are just godawful lol. Pretty much all of the gorgs they have look MUCH better once you have them than what they have listed. :)

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................

buzz-lightyear-dancing-gif.gif

:lol: I think you need to change your avatar!!!!!

I wish they would start updating more of the photos on their site, because some of them are just godawful lol. Pretty much all of the gorgs they have look MUCH better once you have them than what they have listed. :)

I agree with this. Their photos do suck :)

jedimasterben

:lol: I think you need to change your avatar!!!!!

I agree with this. Their photos do suck :)

I even offered them to use any of my photos and sent them all of them that I had but they didn't do it lol

EquinsuOcha

The corky encrusts like GSP so that is something to consider. I also like the sea whip gorgonian as well.

How fast do the gorgonians grow...

BTW everytime I write that gorgonians I feel like im talking about star wars.

How fast do the gorgonians grow...

BTW everytime I write that gorgonians I feel like im talking about star wars.

:lol:

In my experience, some are faster growers than others. They don't grow as fast as say GSP or anything and they grow UP rather than out (most do). So other than the corky, I don't feel you have the possibility of any taking over your tank.

EquinsuOcha

:lol:

In my experience, some are faster growers than others. They don't grow as fast as say GSP or anything and they grow UP rather than out (most do). So other than the corky, I don't feel you have the possibility of any taking over your tank.

kinda odd actually. I have a xenia colony in the front left of my tank that I WANT to take over this entire supporting shelf I have their... 1 month 0 growth so far BUT they look very very healthy and happy. :(

So far only thing I have seen grow is my GSP maybe by 1/4" in 30 days.

and

my watermelon zoa colony started at 14 polyps now its 17 :D

Archived