Cultivated Reef

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Looks nice Ninja! I thought you grabbed softy?

I need to order Stella the enabler sent me a link :rolleyes:

haha, i couldn't resist those sticks =P. And I can always get zoas locally but I am not a fan of the sticks locally. Most are mariculture and flown in and up for sale right away. Not very hardy. I like that CR sells stuff they are growing in their tanks.

new page =)

Blue maxima clam. Thanks to Harry for the clam hammock! So cool and perfect fit.

26474540112_1f124ec645_c.jpg

King Midas zoas

26474529882_756e2b3427_c.jpg

Pink Stylo

26474544252_1ee4fcb04e_c.jpg

Bonus zoas - so many polyps!!

26566888555_d4f483b12a_c.jpg

Bonus pink birdsnest

25961806924_35a4284276_c.jpg

Bonus Sunrise Explosion millie (so fluffy already! my first millie and I am hooked)

26294003900_d223166eff_c.jpg

• Like 7

If you order from them again lemme know I'll grab a clam. And for local sps CR is the way to go there's a local in hinsdale who has tons for great prices.

• Like 1

Just finished a 3 hours water change and moving corals around. Was putting things away and notice a dried up bartlett anthias on the side of the tank =(. DAMN IT.

Can it be rehydrated :unsure:

Sorry fish jerky is never good......

• Like 2

blah...should i replace it with another bartlett anthias? they do better as a trio right? or maybe i will get 3 more so I have 5??

Yes I fully support this idea. 5 would look killer in this tank!
  • Like 2

too many for 75 gallons?? i would love 5....they are a nice yellow / pink

I'm no expert on that but I feel like you would be ok with how much open swimming space you have
  • Like 2

Them rics buddy :)

Mhmmmm.

I like your order you got in that clam is snazzy,may just need to try one in the new tank myself,I got some sand bed to fill up. Looks like they took care of you.

....needs a sweet bubblin tip anemone. :P

• Like 1

Just amazing! Beautiful :)

Do your rics ever cup up, or do they always stay curled up against each other?

No cupping in this tank. Weird. I know for a while, some of them would cup in the 12g.

Great new additions....gotta love a Mille- plenty of polyp movement

Yea, I like them a lot more than other acros. Will be on the lookout for more

Them rics buddy :)

Mhmmmm.

I like your order you got in that clam is snazzy,may just need to try one in the new tank myself,I got some sand bed to fill up. Looks like they took care of you.

....needs a sweet bubblin tip anemone. :P

The clam color turned a little darker since I got it but still looking great. It's a good 3". No bubble tip for me, they are too unpredictable =P.

soon.

• Like 2

No cupping in this tank. Weird. I know for a while, some of them would cup in the 12g.

Yea, I like them a lot more than other acros. Will be on the lookout for more

The clam color turned a little darker since I got it but still looking great. It's a good 3". No bubble tip for me, they are too unpredictable =P.

soon.

Nah they are awesome,mine from cultivated is a good tank mate. Just give it it's own island with food light and flow and you're gold :)
  • Like 2

Interesting. They don't cup much in my 4g, but they do all the time in the 10g. I thought maybe it's because they want more light, but then, they lay back down when the lights go out. Puzzling.

• Like 1

Interesting. They don't cup much in my 4g, but they do all the time in the 10g. I thought maybe it's because they want more light, but then, they lay back down when the lights go out. Puzzling.

mystery of the ocean...seems like everything is doing well in your 4g...acros, rics. must have some magic water in there =P.

• Like 2

came home today to a dead bartlett anthias on the sandbed. =*(. i bet the male beat the crap out of it. it was looking fine yesterday and eating like usual. same thing happened when I lost one of the female lyretails. the second one died shortly after. i was just about to go get more this weekend. sigh. should have done it last weekend.

All I ever hear about anthias & chromis is they always kill each other off. Dang, might be time to get some black mollies & call it done.

• Like 1