inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

I know you do not want to hear this but take it slow on this tank. We tend to rush far to often. You just spent a good amount on everything, let it do its things for a month or two!

-Dave

• Like 4

I know you do not want to hear this but take it slow on this tank. We tend to rush far to often. You just spent a good amount on everything, let it do its things for a month or two!

-Dave

^This.

i will believe you when you send me a frag of that =P.

I'll bring a frag up if I come by Chicago! We could do some frag-swaps or something.

• Like 1

-Dave

Definitely! Still no corals yet. Figure fish is easy to manage and will create bioload in preparation for some corals later. So the tank will be running for almost a month before I add the first coral. And unlike before where i add 15 frags at once, I will be adding just a few bigger size corals at a time from local places. No more binge online shopping. Every time I do that, I end up getting too much stuff to make the shipping worthwhile.

Surprisingly my duo lights up my 48x18x14 really well. I can't imagine what it will look like once I hang the hybrid over the other half of the tank.

A standard duo? Or is it the 24"?

My anthias spit out their food for the first week or so, then they ate.mi mixed up their diet with live black worms, frozen, fish roe, pellets, flake.

good to know! but i think that one was eating the first few days. the other two are like sharks when it comes to feeding time.

• Like 1

Standard. But it has the BEAM freshwater arrays in it, so I am not sure how those compare to the typical v3 pucks.

Interesting. I'm thinking about upgrading to something between 30-40", but I don't want to have to change lights!

I have a black snowflake that wouldn't eat and was lethargic. Somebody on this forum turned me on to API General Cure. I dosed the tank according to the directions and a few days later he was looking great. She's now the queen of my tank a year later.

• Like 1

tank been cycled for almost 2 weeks now and still no algae or diatom. and this is with 3 anthias and feeding heavy and no skimmer / carbon. either these rocks are awesome or a massive algae bloom incoming...

It's coming...just wait for it ;).
  • Like 2

Now two anthias stopped eating. Sigh. I dosed Prazipro last Friday and no improvements. Will do another dose tomorrow.

Sounds like a plan. Purigen as well?

Probably purigen in a bag although not sure if I need one if I have a skimmer?