Innovative Marine Aquariums

thecoralbeauty

thecoralbeauty

Detoxing ammonia does not make test kits read zero, ammonia is still there, it's just not in a toxic form. My money is on the clams, they sucked up that ammonia like a boss.

pretty and functional!

• Like 1

There will be a break in period for the skimmer- probably a week maybe two where the micro bubbles are more than usual. That is normal for skimmers.

My skimmer is breaking in without the big blue tube on the side - micro bubbles are confined to the sump and the skimmer is breaking in at full blast. Maybe not including that part and sending it later is the way SCA should go ;)

thecoralbeauty

My skimmer is breaking in without the big blue tube on the side - micro bubbles are confined to the sump and the skimmer is breaking in at full blast. Maybe not including that part and sending it later is the way SCA should go ;)

wait, what? somehow I'm not following.

Annette!! I cane home from watching a very frustrating broncos game at my parent's house, and my RFA was spawning! it's officially a male. SO cool! had never seen him spawn before.

• Like 2

wait, what? somehow I'm not following.

Annette!! I cane home from watching a very frustrating broncos game at my parent's house, and my RFA was spawning! it's officially a male. SO cool! had never seen him spawn before.

Yeah, just ignore me. It didn't make much sense :lol:

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

I have a buy 1 get 1 free coupon for algaebarn if anyone is interested. That's 6000 pods for $15. (Free shipping at $80). Its a coupon for a local group buy but I am sure they wont mind me passing it along.

thats what i used! :)

• Like 1
righttirefire

Looking really good, nice clean sand.

Do you have any Seachem Phosphorus? If not I would buy some (for planted tanks) and be ready in case the SPS start to show stress. I forget if I mentioned this before or not. Kat used it to ave her Katropora which started to STN a week or so after the tank swap, and I used in when I upgraded to a 40 and didn't lose any SPS. New sand can really suck up the nutrients. Might be worth getting some Seachem Nitrate as well, but I'm not sure how the clams will react since I don't have clams.

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Do you have any Seachem Phosphorus? If not I would buy some (for planted tanks) and be ready in case the SPS start to show stress. I forget if I mentioned this before or not. Kat used it to ave her Katropora which started to STN a week or so after the tank swap, and I used in when I upgraded to a 40 and didn't lose any SPS. New sand can really suck up the nutrients. Might be worth getting some Seachem Nitrate as well, but I'm not sure how the clams will react since I don't have clams.

I'm trying to go heavy on the reef energy a and b... and even though this is live sand, i was worried about that too.

sachem phosphorus... will look for that when i go to the LFS friday or saturday. now that i've seen all fish (jawfish poked his head out to say hello too) I'm planning on starting to stock the others I've had my eye on. more poop can't be bad for things either!

further, live copepods and live phyto are coming tomorrow!

• Like 2

Clams love nitrates.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Why would Harry know how your pistol is.

I mean Morgan, why would she know

because i told him if i decide to re-home him he'll go to rightirefire.

but, he's behaved so far in the fuge. so he stays.

for now.

speaking of the fuge, my light went out!! guess i'm going to home depot....

• thecoralbeauty changed the title to Anthrax & Gangs! *mimosa clams are here*