Cultivated Reef

thecoralbeauty

thecoralbeauty

My LFS got some lyretail anthias in for $13.99 each female. Hope yours got some too. I notice LiveAquaria has the female Indian lyretail for $12.99 too so maybe it's a sale across the board?

hm! i don't remember what they were at mine. don't think they were that cheap.

glad you got some!!

Photo/video of the wave.

IMG_4599.JPG_zpsze6jtbhe.jpeg

• Like 6
thecoralbeauty

Looks like you have a good flow going in the tank. Lots of room for everybody to grow. I've always felt that Cube tanks have possibilities in aquascaping that rectangles don't.

yea there is tons of open swimming space as well, and i love the depth that I've never had before.

having a hard time deciding between the following anthias trio:

lyretail (Worried male will look like my wrasses, but love the female peach color...)

bartletts

Dispar

Carberryi (leaning towards most heavily because of the violet- but i also like the peachy sherbet colors of the others)...

what to do, what to do...

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Just saw the video. Love it! Lots of room to display fish rather than just corals. :)

right. now to decide which fish.

though, i wouldn't mind a nice gold torch if someone sees one anywhere... ;)

yea there is tons of open swimming space as well, and i love the depth that I've never had before.

lyretail (Worried male will look like my wrasses, but love the female peach color...)

bartletts

Dispar

Carberryi (leaning towards most heavily because of the violet- but i also like the peachy sherbet colors of the others)...

if my LFS carried all 4, i will probably go with Carberryi too. I love the Lyretails I just got but my wife's first words were "why did you buy goldfish for your tank"

• Like 1
righttirefire

Awesome video Morgan! Are those flower pot corals in the front? I like triggerfish, but that'll never be an option for me. I have no desire for a "large" tank. Let it grow! It'll be beautiful

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

if my LFS carried all 4, i will probably go with Carberryi too. I love the Lyretails I just got but my wife's first words were "why did you buy goldfish for your tank"

i think they're the best combination of lavender and sherbet peach. i just am worried about ordering from live aquaria because i have never ordered fish online before and don't know if its even a good source.

I wonder if my LFS could order some carberryi for me... though I'm not sure it would make much a difference.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Awesome video Morgan! Are those flower pot corals in the front? I like triggerfish, but that'll never be an option for me. I have no desire for a "large" tank. Let it grow! It'll be beautiful

yep- two gonioporas i picked up at the last frag swap i love them both so much- great movement :)

hm. yea, triggers are fun, but i've never felt like "oh i need that in my tank!"

thecoralbeauty

getting the new-fish-itch again.

carberryi anthias are the top of my list... but if i can find the others, i'd still be happy.

dropping by the other LFS to see if theyve got some anthias this afternoon. their prices are a little ridiculous though, so, purchases may or may not happen

• Like 2

getting the new-fish-itch again.

carberryi anthias are the top of my list... but if i can find the others, i'd still be happy.

dropping by the other LFS to see if theyve got some anthias this afternoon. their prices are a little ridiculous though, so, purchases may or may not happen

Carberryi are by far my favorite. Go with you gut. Don't settle just because you can't find them right away.

thecoralbeauty

Maybe a few pics of mine will sway your choice =P.

23059210241_c1a0aca74b_n.jpg

23059202111_b594902a84_n.jpg

best "goldfish" ever =P

they kind of do look like goldfish.... :P

Carberryi are by far my favorite. Go with you gut. Don't settle just because you can't find them right away.

what is your experience with ordering from live aquaria? if its decent, i'll just order there....

I really liked your video! I feel like I was at your house looking at your tank myself. Like everyone else, I like the openness and the room for growth. Very nice aquascape.

thecoralbeauty

I really liked your video! I feel like I was at your house looking at your tank myself. Like everyone else, I like the openness and the room for growth. Very nice aquascape.

thank you!

Yea, I was excited to take advantage of the depth and negative space... can't wait to see how things grow in and how things look with more fish!! i don't want to overload my biofilter, so I'm doing things gradually after I have my anthias. but I'm sort of playing around with other ideas as well.

• Like 1

what is your experience with ordering from live aquaria? if its decent, i'll just order there....

I ordered a few years ago and had a good experience. I called a few months ago and they weren't able to answer my questions. It sounded like they've changed to order takers since being aquire by Petco.

bartletts

Dispar

Check out the evansi anthias if you like violet. I'm waiting for my LFS to get a new shipment!

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

Check out the evansi anthias if you like violet. I'm waiting for my LFS to get a new shipment!

live aquaria makes them look not so violet.

the carberryi are the sherbet (and violet!) color i'm after, so i'll probably go with those.

actually, i'll probably calculate shipping and order here in the next few days if my LFS doesn't have them.

didn't get around to checking it out last night.

• Like 1
  • thecoralbeauty changed the title to Anthrax & Gangs! *mimosa clams are here*