Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I went all "Lawn" and made a video with iMovie! I've had the tank for 6 months, it will be wet 6 months in a couple weeks :)

Well, I'm shamelessly bringing this to the new page since it will probably be another 6 months before I post a video :)

Oh my, that top down shot :wub:

Nice video too :)

There's so much going on in there. I wish u even had that much coraline. Hahaha!

So pretty, that patch of goni? by the purple zoas?

It's alevopora - which supposedly isn't as aggressive as goniopora. I figured I'd give it a try even though it says it is more difficult to keep since I'm feeding quite a bit for the NPS filter feeders. We'll see! I love the flowerpot corals and I liked the teal/mint green color of that one.

Oh my, that top down shot :wub:

Nice video too :)

Thanks Teeny! My acans are all of a sudden growing really quickly! I had three heads (two different kinds of orange and the green one) and the one attached to the mussel is getting big. You can't see the mussel well but it has zoas growing on it. The mussel keeps moving around and taking the acans with it so I think I'm going to move it away from the cynarina. I love acans.

There's so much going on in there. I wish u even had that much coraline. Hahaha!

You'd think all that coralline would discourage the bubble algae from taking hold :wacko:

No such luck!

crazy how close together different species of corals are in that top down shot without any coral warfare.

Yeah, so far none. They actually have a couple inches between them - other than the acans. those are against each other. I am worried about the acans close to the cynarina though.

Yeah, so far none. They actually have a couple inches between them - other than the acans. those are against each other. I am worried about the acans close to the cynarina though.

yea, the acans were my concern too. next to the cynarina and next to the zoas. but i think acans and zoas can mix?

yea, the acans were my concern too. next to the cynarina and next to the zoas. but i think acans and zoas can mix?

I think they can - then again! I am probably wrong :lol: That mussel frag I put in the tank and it immediately attached to my acan frag about a year ago, so far the zoas don't seem to bother the acans and vice versa. I don't think the mussel is attached to the actual rock that the cynarina is on and bert lives in so I'm going to see if I can just move that. Bert literally feeds the cynarina. He spits food at it. It's the weirdest and coolest thing so I don't want to move that since it is part of his little house.

Ok, I don't get it. I cannot keep duncans happy!!! I lost my first one when I was on vacation last October - not exactly sure what happened. Lost my second one about a month ago - it started to recede. I picked up another one - because I really love duncans - and it's doing 'okay' but not great. The head keeps retracting. It's out during the day but at about this time, it sucks it's head in. All my other duncans have always stayed extended.

I'm a duncan killer!

how many heads on the duncan? did u get it online or local?

Just one. I got it local about 2 weeks ago. It is in moderate to low flow and in medium lighting. And it's off on its own so nothing is around to bother it. So frustrating!

Just one. I got it local about 2 weeks ago. It is in moderate to low flow and in medium lighting. And it's off on its own so nothing is around to bother it. So frustrating!

try to grab some with multiple heads. they tend to be better as a crowd.

try to grab some with multiple heads. they tend to be better as a crowd.

Thanks Ninja! If I kill this one I will definitely go for more than one head

Archived