Top Shelf Aquatics

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

Those close ups with the gorg. and hermits are great shots I need some fish.

thanks Sk8n! Yes you do!!! Did Benny make the move today?

I just counted and I'm up to 15 fish in this tank :blink: Although they're all pretty small except for the clowns and Bert!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took these for you, Ninja :) This is my original frag of cespitularia. You can see it spreading over to the glass - I have to move it!

Zt3sCeW.jpg

Here's a piece I moved up into the rock work:

CJzVkKx.jpg

And a couple other shots for the fun of it:

Corky fingers:

SUfQV77.jpg

2xfO6gW.jpg

SBLaGpf.jpg

Gorgonians:

d3YQFlO.jpg

mYrWCHu.jpg

e4dfhVC.jpg

Fiji:

6BmTBj5.jpg

VIX1pei.jpg

FTS:

vwGfYJV.jpg

nKbFa54.jpg

thanks! they look great! it was on a mission to spread to that glass =P. are you afraid of it over taking the rock it is on now?

and that FTS is awesome.

Thanks Ninja! :)

Actually, it doesn't seem to grow that fast. And when it spreads, it is actually pretty easy to pull up, not as tough as GSP.

I haven't been on your thread in a while. :wub:

Those gorgs!

:) Thanks PB!!!

Stella, I Posed a question in my thread regarding a Soft Coral. I Really Like the top picture of the cespitularia?

Do U think this would fill my want/need?

Stella, I Posed a question in my thread regarding a Soft Coral. I Really Like the top picture of the cespitularia?[/size]

Do U think this would fill my want/need?[/size]

Yeah I think cespitularia would go nicely there

Awesome. LA has it on sale.

I have heard that Xenia can become an issue....like weeds. Is this true? Just somewhat concerned.

Awesome. LA has it on sale.

I have heard that Xenia can become an issue....like weeds. Is this true? Just somewhat concerned.

Yes it can grow fast in the right circumstances. Cespitularia while similar to Xenia I don't think grows as fast but really any sort of matting coral can grow and take over other things so you just have to either put it on its own rock that can be removed or placed somewhere else or trim off some of the coral if you don't want it expanding.

I just counted and I'm up to 15 fish in this tank :blink: Although they're all pretty small except for the clowns and Bert!

There it is again :lol: Yes you do!!!!!! go buy it you need it ;)

Hmmm... Can U think of any other suggestions? I already have the GSP that I am going to have to keep an eye on. I would like something Tallish, I guess, because it will be going down into a narrowish space, but would want it to be seen and not hidden by things in front.

:lol: a bonded pair of white spotted Pygmy filefish will be my next fish purchase if I decide to get more but I'm thinking I have hit the limit of fish in this tank.

You can get some sort of leather like a toadstool or a finger leather if you're concerned about spreading but I'm not sure of another soft coral that would give you the movement and height other than maybe a Kenya tree which again can grow fast.

:lol: a bonded pair of white spotted Pygmy filefish will be my next fish purchase if I decide to get more but I'm thinking I have hit the limit of fish in this tank.

You can get some sort of leather like a toadstool or a finger leather if you're concerned about spreading but I'm not sure of another soft coral that would give you the movement and height other than maybe a Kenya tree which again can grow fast.

Oh no just get a bigger skimmer and you can pack a bunch in there :lol: I think you need at least 3 tangs also :)

Hmmm... Can U think of any other suggestions? I already have the GSP that I am going to have to keep an eye on. I would like something Tallish, I guess, because it will be going down into a narrowish space, but would want it to be seen and not hidden by things in front.

gorgonians? not sure if they are considered soft coral =P.

Nice Suggestions for me Stella. TY. Googled up some images.

Oh no just get a bigger skimmer and you can pack a bunch in there :lol: I think you need at least 3 tangs also :)

:lol: you're such a shit :P

Whats the first Gorgonian pic?

It's a purple bottlebrush I got from live aquaria. It might be my favorite actually!

Oh wait! No that's the corky finger

Pinner Reef

Oh, an fts... kewl. I like the negative spaces you have. And that cespitularia is really cool as well. Do you see any blue in the stalks under the daylights?

Oh, an fts... kewl. I like the negative spaces you have. And that cespitularia is really cool as well. Do you see any blue in the stalks under the daylights?

You can see blue - depending on the angle. It's really hard to capture the colors in photos. It's not as blue as I thought it would be but still you can see some blue.

And thanks pinner!

Sk8n Reefer

15- that's great. I bet you get plenty of movement around the tank? Yes Benny took the journey tonight ? Wasn't an easy task but he made it. I'll update my thread later tonight- he went in and slipped behind some rocks

I know and it's too bad they're still being wild collected when they breed well in captivity

One of my local stores breeds them and that's where I got mine, I bought two as babies and luckily they paired off. Very cool fish IMO. Pics are great by the way!

Jeff was getting ready to leave for meetings and I had just gotten up and was making my first cup of coffee when he comes in and says "why are there bugs in our fridge?". So, I freaked out saying "there are bugs in our fridge???? what kind of bugs? That's terrible!" And he says "well, I'm pretty sure you put them there. It doesn't seem like a great place to put bugs". He opens it and shows me what he means and then I explained well, they're not REALLY bugs. Not sure he believed me.

266ErwN.jpg

I was stalking the tank and found a good size brittle star :happydance:

nHV3MWn.jpg

duQzvwe.jpg

I think it's the same one that came in on some corals I bought from Zia's end of the world sale (Thanks, Teeny. I'm taking this quote from you). He was on the green sinularia/nepthia and was about the size of a quarter when I added him to the tank last year. Now he's quite large as each arm that I can see is about 2" or more!

Well, I went all "Lawn" and made a video with iMovie! I've had the tank for 6 months, it will be wet 6 months in a couple weeks :)

Archived