inTank Media Baskets

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

So I may have gotten some new fish from Diver's Den! Well, I did get some new fish from Diver's Den! Yesterday, LA listed a group of 5 red spot cardinals so I got them :) They made the trip well and I have them in a hospital box in my tank so I can make sure they're eating well and are getting used to the tank before I release them into the wild. Here are some photos:

un5Lpu4.jpg

yXfDBX5.jpg

They're very small. And sorry, photos aren't great. it's hard to take photos through the glass AND through the plastic - with my cell phone :)

So far, they are doing well and eating. hard to tell if all of them are eating, but I've seen at least three eat!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little steps Stells little steps :lol:

Hopefully they don't require bottle feeding :lol:

I did see both dot and Bob today!

Glad to hear you found Dot & Bob. I don't know anything about cardinals, I only know the freshwater when I used to have those tanks..

A couple photos for Saturday morning:

Bottlebrush gorgonian:

T4M2cMY.jpg

A few of the hermit:

IECAXJY.jpg

lHcu5XA.jpg

TeUiqgf.jpg

Softie:

pEsCoZ9.jpg

kzud0Ej.jpg

Cool fishies!!

:D Thanks! I woke up this AM and one had escaped the breeder box thingie so I let the other four out and they seem to be doing well. All seem to be eating as well. Crossing my fingers!

Those Hermits! :wub: so damn cute. I Really enjoy Hermits. Not jacking the thread, but let me back up my love for hermits ;)

http://www.dobbys.blogspot.com After I came home from Iraq, My sister told me about Land Hermits, But, I truly got my start with Wild Caught Marine Hermits from the Connecticut Coast. :wub:

Those Hermits! :wub: so damn cute. I Really enjoy Hermits. Not jacking the thread, but let me back up my love for hermits ;)

http://www.dobbys.blogspot.com After I came home from Iraq, My sister told me about Land Hermits, But, I truly got my start with Wild Caught Marine Hermits from the Connecticut Coast. :wub:

Very cool!!! I like hermits too :) I have two scarlet hermits in the 66 and then two of the small blue legged hermits in the 12.

I loved this Beach in CT.

http://www.ocean-beach-park.com/

BTW, Stella, did ya look at my link to Dobby? Dobby was my Largest LHC.

I did! Very cool!

We are only about 20-25 minutes from ocean beach. Great spot!

where are your blue xenias =P

I will take a picture just for you!! You ordered some cespitularia - right? Or am I imagining that...

Here is a Pic of the Canal/runoff area? When u look at this pic, the Rock wall thing ends further off to the left and not pictured...A few people enjoyed this area, as it seemed close to being a tide pool. LOVE :wub: Tide Pools! :wub: So many critters can be found.

OefKFt.jpg

Here is a Pic of the Canal/runoff area? When u look at this pic, the Rock wall thing ends further off to the left and not pictured...A few people enjoyed this area, as it seemed close to being a tide pool. LOVE :wub: Tide Pools! :wub: So many critters can be found.

OefKFt.jpg

Definitely looks familiar :)

Yeah, tide pools are so much fun. I'm looking forward to it warming up! I've thought about doing a temperate tank and filling it with local stuff, but not sure.

Awesome pics!

Thanks Chris!

I WANT THOSE RED SPOTS. So jealous! I was considering a few for the new tank!

:lol:

I have been researching them for a few months. Diver's Den lists up groups of 5 every so often and I thought they were so cool! I read that they don't transport well and don't take to new tanks well, but then I also read that Live Aquaria does a good job with them. So I pulled the trigger when i saw another group listed last week. I put them in a little breeder box so I could make sure they were eating. Well, woke up this morning and one had escaped and was looking very nervously around for his other 4 pals so I released the rest of them. They're eating mysis, cyclops and small Thera-A NLS pellets. So I'm hoping for the best! I had wanted to keep them in there another few days, but they actually seem to be doing well. A couple photos:

A5qrhXj.jpg

pBzRBQJ.jpg

fk9T93j.jpg

Definitely looks familiar :)

Yeah, tide pools are so much fun. I'm looking forward to it warming up! I've thought about doing a temperate tank and filling it with local stuff, but not sure.

Thanks Chris!

I Set up a 10 or 20 Gal Tank just for things I found at that beach...ran a HOB Filter.

I Set up a 10 or 20 Gal Tank just for things I found at that beach...ran a HOB Filter.

Were you stationed in New London?

Were you stationed in New London?

No, I Lived up in Northampton, Mass. My Ex Wife's Brother and his Wife and Kids took us down there once. I Was hooked at that point.

Nice thing was it was about an Hr drive. Maybe a little more.

Hi Stella! I just caught up on your thread over the last month...I might have skimmed a few sections just looking for pictures though :blush:

Thank you for giving me my Bert fix. I love the new red spot cardinals, they are really cool!

Hi Stella! I just caught up on your thread over the last month...I might have skimmed a few sections just looking for pictures though :blush:

Thank you for giving me my Bert fix. I love the new red spot cardinals, they are really cool!

Thanks teeny! That's the only way to read this thread - skim! I've missed you! How have you been?!?

Thanks teeny! That's the only way to read this thread - skim! I've missed you! How have you been?!?

I've been well, just busy with work and family so no time to post. Hope you have been doing great!

I've been well, just busy with work and family so no time to post. Hope you have been doing great!

Totally get that!!! Good to see you! Everything has been great here :)

Archived