SaltCritters.com

Daves Nano Box Drop Off Lagoon : New Start

DaveFason

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DaveFason

Trying to decide if I will run one or two. Or one and a Mini focusing on a certain special section. Good thing is I know the owner ;)

For the new release? 2x2?

We just to a run. :D

Max looks super enthused!

teenyreef

Trying to decide if I will run one or two. Or one and a Mini focusing on a certain special section. Good thing is I know the owner ;)

We just to a run. :D

omgomgomg Can't wait to see what you do with this! I really like the idea of a separate mini to highlight one area.

Now that I have a spare mini I've been kind of fantasizing about putting tow of them on the IM10. You know, to help eliminate the shadows B)

man it seems like this last year Red Sea tanks have exploded! congrats! What light will you use, ecotech, kessil, AI? ;)

kimberbee

When you (or anyone else) add your aminos, or polyp boosters or whatever, do you turn your pumps off? Or just the return off? Or leave everything on?

I need to get better at feeding/additives, but I'm lazy... :blush:

DaveFason

When you (or anyone else) add your aminos, or polyp boosters or whatever, do you turn your pumps off? Or just the return off? Or leave everything on?

I need to get better at feeding/additives, but I'm lazy... :blush:

I like to drop them right in front of a pump. Simple as that!

man it seems like this last year Red Sea tanks have exploded! congrats! What light will you use, ecotech, kessil, AI? ;)

You have two tank companies that are blowing up for good reason. IM for budget friendly, great looking and easy to use. Red Sea for the more advance reefer, super modern and easy to set up. Both companies do not push much for equipment besides Red Sea now adding AI stuff for simple plug and play.

I forgot everyone has IM tanks also! I think you are spot on for the taste of different people, redsea for more advance and IM for the budget friendly.

FlowerMama

Yummy food!!! Not quite crazy here- asparagus and chicken taco w/ fixings. Beautiful shots!!!

20160503_211708_zpsisqguwvg.jpg

DaveFason

Barely, kale, sausage heaven. From the winter time. Grew hair on my chest. ;)

What's in the pot?

Check out the Anova. That is what I use and swear by it. I bought one for my dad too.

I so need to get a sous vide setup together.

FlowerMama

That sounds like a nice recipe. I've used barley for other things than just in a soup and it's awesome. recipe??

i came to ask a question but with all the food pictures im having trouble thinking... umm hmm oh yea! I thought you had mentioned somewhere that you reduced your lighting period and were getting good results with that. Could you expand on that for me? Also is that a reefer 170?! I love that not only are you vendor but you also enjoy the hobby as well. Keep up that great work and send some food over here....

Ha! Thanks. I love the hobby and have some really cool stuff in the works. NanoBox gallery coming soon. :)

As for my lighting schedule I reduced it to ~ 8 hours. I found that pumping them with so much light for long periods resulted in more pale corals. Basically I was not able to keep up with growth. I found that with short periods and heavy feedings that I get better coloration and more healthy looking corals.

i came to ask a question but with all the food pictures im having trouble thinking... umm hmm oh yea! I thought you had mentioned somewhere that you reduced your lighting period and were getting good results with that. Could you expand on that for me? Also is that a reefer 170?! I love that not only are you vendor but you also enjoy the hobby as well. Keep up that great work and send some food over here....

Soon! I need to clean her up for you guys.

FTS?

Dave, with the 8 hour schedule, how long do they stay at max intensity?

We all want to copy your amazing results :)

Interesting I've been reading a lot about shorter light periods and it makes sense. How do you set it up to where you actually are home when the lights are on. I feel by the time I get home from work I never get to enjoy the lighted tank.

Archived