Cultivated Reef

Daves Nano Box Drop Off Lagoon : New Start

DaveFason

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to visit my dad and step mom this weekend in the country. No cell service and just a good way to unwind. I am bidding on a few auctions on eBay with WWC so possibly new stuff for the Lagoon.

My new favorite app, Prisma. I will print these for sure!

Max :

28232693203_1b8a6e72db.jpgUntitled by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Acan :

28847662525_641d81491b.jpgUntitled by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Clam :

28742585072_6245f1b44e.jpgUntitled by Dave Fason, on Flickr

I took photos of cows, saved a hummingbird and ate amazing food. :)

28847661615_8d1ec9c005.jpgUntitled by Dave Fason, on Flickr

28232691903_5c6993e357.jpgUntitled by Dave Fason, on Flickr

28772281401_431dcf4494.jpgBoot Leg BBQ by Dave Fason, on Flickr

More photos of the Lagoon this week!

-Dave

I went to visit my dad and step mom this weekend in the country. No cell service and just a good way to unwind. I am bidding on a few auctions on eBay with WWC so possibly new stuff for the Lagoon.

My new favorite app, Prisma. I will print these for sure!

Max :

28232693203_1b8a6e72db.jpgUntitled by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Acan :

28847662525_641d81491b.jpgUntitled by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Clam :

28742585072_6245f1b44e.jpgUntitled by Dave Fason, on Flickr

I love PRISMA! I have been using it a lot on corals and such to see what I get. I love that their watermark does't cover the whole photo, but I still turned it off. I am unsure of why they don't make it an in-app purchase to turn it off though. Seems like a decent way to make some extra money.

I love PRISMA! I have been using it a lot on corals and such to see what I get. I love that their watermark does't cover the whole photo, but I still turned it off. I am unsure of why they don't make it an in-app purchase to turn it off though. Seems like a decent way to make some extra money.

I had no idea that you could turn it off. Doing that now. :D

Thanks!

I am working with AquaMaxx on a social media partnership using there tanks. Here is the first. 4.6G.

28253123594_ce6728900b.jpgaquamaxx by David Fason, on Flickr

I have two more 15" & 20" tanks here to be set up. What would you guys like to see? I want thinking minimal softie tank.

-Dave

For the 15", a cool carpet anemone/clownfish pair setup. Purple with onyx or orange with black ocellaris :wub:

Or some elegant LPS movement...

Nice!

I've been thinking about doing a Wabi Kusa style tank with that very same 4G.

I like the idea of something like the EcoReef for the 15". Maybe you could hide a brick of Marine Pure in there and just have one big colony of some type of Euphyllia and a pair of clowns.

• 2 weeks later...

Lagoon was retired 8/20/16. It was a great tank and will always remember how much fun I had with it. Things have been switched to this new guy. New thread incoming. Still needs placement of corals and a few other things but it is pretty darn cool.

29088917111_ac1b8f61fc_c.jpgnanoboxdropoff by David Fason, on Flickr

Enjoy!

Lagoon was retired 8/20/16. It was a great tank and will always remember how much fun I had with it. Things have been switched to this new guy. New thread incoming. Still needs placement of corals and a few other things but it is pretty darn cool.

29088917111_ac1b8f61fc_c.jpgnanoboxdropoff by David Fason, on Flickr

Enjoy!

Is that stand hollow?

The taller portion would be a killer place to hide an ATO container to keep it looking clean.

Thanks bud!

Looks amazing

Thanks Jonathan. Just a stand, no function. On top of a IKEA shelf.

Looks awesome Dave. Clean as eff. I'd also like to know what the deal with the stand is?

Thanks John. This will look better in the coming weeks. I won't lie, it was a royal PIA to make something that looked good. I feel the tonga branch or man made sculpture would be best.

Awesome! I've been waiting to see one of those new drop off tanks done right.

I wish so. It is a solid block. I would love to "hack" it and add magnetic rock on the ledge. Having caps grow!

Is that stand hollow?

The taller portion would be a killer place to hide an ATO container to keep it looking clean.

Thanks man. Give me a few weeks when things start to settle.

Very nice Dave! Looking forward to seeing some more pics of the new build.

Archived