Cultivated Reef

Daves Nano Box Drop Off Lagoon : New Start

DaveFason

Figure everyone else is making videos I should make a quick one.

Small update.

• Adding RW-4 this week for more flow
  • Polyp Booster - Amazing stuff
  • Coral Color - Best Aminos I have used ( more on this later )
  • Reef Roids - Going to a 1/4 teaspoon once a week. Easily can be over dosed but coral response has been incredible.

Enjoy!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Nice Dave.

Barry

Thank you Barry. I hope your retro is working well.

Great new shots Dave! Ok , not new but from last week- enjoyed them

Thanks! Hoping to get a few this weekend.

Well you should get your kick back from polylab this week. Read this last week and immediately ordered reef roids and polyp booster :). Do you just do both once a week or are you doing polyp booster more often? I noticed some serious response to both!

Ha! Make sure to tell them that. I dose polyp booster daily ( three drops ) and the roids once a week.

Well you should get your kick back from polylab this week. Read this last week and immediately ordered reef roids and polyp booster :). Do you just do both once a week or are you doing polyp booster more often? I noticed some serious response to both!

Thanks! I am excited to. I love the IM series and seriously looking at setting up a SR series.

Can't wait to see that fusion 10!
The lagoon looks beautiful Dave!

Dave what are your settings on the lights for your pictures? I can't quite get the balance between blue and white perfect so the fluorescent colors pop but it doesn't look like Windex.

Yep, that is my buddy. I have had it for years and love it. I almost pulled the trigger on a new one last night.

What a huge clam!

Thank you!

Sweet tank, can't wait to see that SPS Rock grow out.

Awesome job man.

So I set my white balance for ~4400K using a grey card. With you camera on...

• Select slider mode in BF.
  • With your blue settings leave them where they are.
  • Gradually adjust your white channel until things look like they should. Generally for me I have it set ~ 60% when the blues are 80% or so.
    • Your tank will look weird to your eyes but normal on the camera sensor
  • Save this setting for photo mode.

-Dave

Dave what are your settings on the lights for your pictures? I can't quite get the balance between blue and white perfect so the fluorescent colors pop but it doesn't look like Windex.

Yep, that is my buddy. I have had it for years and love it. I almost pulled the trigger on a new one last night.

Thank you!

So I set my white balance for ~4400K using a grey card. With you camera on...

• Select slider mode in BF.
  • With your blue settings leave them where they are.
  • Gradually adjust your white channel until things look like they should. Generally for me I have it set ~ 60% when the blues are 80% or so.
    • Your tank will look weird to your eyes but normal on the camera sensor
  • Save this setting for photo mode.
-Dave
thanks for the advice Dave! I will try this and see if I can borrow my stepdads camera as he was a professional photographer so he has all the gear needed. Hopefully I can take some good pictures and upload them this weekend or something.

Figure everyone else is making videos I should make a quick one.

Small update.

• Adding RW-4 this week for more flow
  • Polyp Booster - Amazing stuff
  • Coral Color - Best Aminos I have used ( more on this later )
  • Reef Roids - Going to a 1/4 teaspoon once a week. Easily can be over dosed but coral response has been incredible.

Enjoy!

You can over dose reef roids? I use about a teaspoon a day haha. No ill affects. Coral seems to like it I guess. Haven't noticed a difference but I've been using it since I set the tank up.

You can over dose reef roids? I use about a teaspoon a day haha. No ill affects. Coral seems to like it I guess. Haven't noticed a difference but I've been using it since I set the tank up.

Like anything else over feeding can lead to weird stuff. Also only being ~20g of water and an AIO I dont have the best skimmer in there. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

whats the diff between polyp booster and coral color??

The colors is a true amino acid and the booster is a weird coral sludge.

-Dave

Archived