Top Shelf Aquatics

Daves Nano Box Drop Off Lagoon : New Start

DaveFason

I will take one tonight for you. When looking at the tank I have...

• InTank Basket - Floss and Carbon
  • Blank Spot
  • Tunze 9001 ( This is were the second tube used to be )
  • Eheim 600 Pump
  • Heater
  • InTank Basket - Floss X2
-Dave
Thanks Dave.

Is the Eheim pretty quite ?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I needed a small change with the rock work and like it much better. I had a bit of a snag with a weird smell in the house one day. The night after I had a few SPS RTN but then stop ( no change ). Any who things are back on track. I also set up a Micro Smart ATO and love it. Next step is the dosers.

In order to fit my custom ATO container from the old tank I had to cut the middle shelf down ~ 1.5" to allow ATO tubing to work as needed.

Under the hood :

24668312261_67331fdf6d_z.jpglagoonatosynergyboth by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Back Chambers : Tunze 9001, Micro ATO, InTank baskets and Neo heater.

24466295490_04fa7206b6_z.jpglagoon2116chambers by Dave Fason, on Flickr

FTS : Excuse the algae but my clam is looking insane. :D

24668346781_61d701aa67_z.jpglagoon2116 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

24735583186_2d81573e8f_z.jpglagoon2116clam by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Also re starting my planted tank. I made a custom BEAM that has a marble base, bent steel arm with copper parts. More on that later.

24133671204_41f4bd38f2_z.jpgbeamcustomplanted by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Enjoy!

-Dave

Dave,

Awesome planted setup.

Are you using the Innovative Marine stand for the Lagoon 25, or something different? I'm looking to get into a Lagoon 25 soon, but $300 is a lot for a stand. If there is a better option it would be sweet.

I like it for the purpose. I was sent this stand for free so hard for me not to like it. The looks are great. The build is not much different from an IKEA piece of furniture.

Dave,

Awesome planted setup.

Are you using the Innovative Marine stand for the Lagoon 25, or something different? I'm looking to get into a Lagoon 25 soon, but $300 is a lot for a stand. If there is a better option it would be sweet.

Thanks. It is ADA.

Wow, Dave! That clam is HUGE! Absolutely beautiful. And that planted tank is gorgeous. What kind of substrate is that?

Really having fun with this tank. I pulled out the 75mm manual lens and snapped a few photos.

Clam and Arrays - Loved how this turned out

24760763391_36a8b5395e_z.jpgarrayclam by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Real Icefire - I wanted to mount this but it has looked stellar on the sand bed. If you look close you can see the yellow/green coralite. :o

24227372753_dab0d8c31b_z.jpgicefirecoralite by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Monti and saved Mummy Eye - After last years power outage I thought I lost the colony of Mummy Eye I had. The other day I look at the back of the tank and find a random eye growing! I cut and placed up front. I just need to get rid of the algae.

24226056544_2c67f6a722_z.jpgmontimummy1-1 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Enjoy!

-Dave

That monti has the potential to be an awesome color, pinks and oranges.

Dave what is this red macro growing to the right of the clam and can I buy a piece?

No idea! I bought the rock from a vendor in FL and over time has had a few natural macros growing. Let it get a hair larger and I will send you some fo free.

Side note, I have not had any snails, hermits or any other cleaning crew. I almost like some algae as it looks normal to me!

No idea! I bought the rock from a vendor in FL and over time has had a few natural macros growing. Let it get a hair larger and I will send you some fo free.

Side note, I have not had any snails, hermits or any other cleaning crew. I almost like some algae as it looks normal to me!

I ran most all my tanks except the goon with a minimal cuc myself just 2 turbos and some astreas. Not to bad really,just change the water and blow the sand and rocks off !

Tank looks really good Dave!

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful pics and I agree with everyone else about how spectacular that clam is. It makes me miss mine but I will just check in and enjoy yours when I need a clam fix.

Nice! What lens are you using for this macros?

^ And yes, I have clam envy. I want to pick one up once I get a doser hooked up.

Canon 100 2.8. Running it on my Metabones adaptor so I can use it with my A7. Going to tweak a few items and settings as well.

Pick a clam up. It will love the light!

-Dave

Archived