ReefCleaners.org

Daves Nano Box Drop Off Lagoon : New Start

DaveFason

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Nice macro, BUT KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Why? 99% of that genus are algae eaters. Getting one that eats corals is extremely uncommon.

Why? 99% of that genus are algae eaters. Getting one that eats corals is extremely uncommon.

I happen to have the 1%. They think zoas are delicious. (Yes, mine are the dark grey ones. Dave's at least looks like the peaceful all white ones.)

All of mine are safe. :)

On another note I added the Jeabo pump last week. It is on wave mode and the tank is looking absolutely nuts. I am currently running the MP10 on reefcrest 90%, Jeabo RW-4 wave mode ~50% and the Tunze 6020. The added movement and suspension of detritus is working exactly how I wanted. Videos to come.

-Dave

All of mine are safe. :)

On another note I added the Jeabo pump last week. It is on wave mode and the tank is looking absolutely nuts. I am currently running the MP10 on reefcrest 90%, Jeabo RW-4 wave mode ~50% and the Tunze 6020. The added movement and suspension of detritus is working exactly how I wanted. Videos to come.

-Dave

Damn that's some serious water movement.

Wow, tons of movement!. I was only planning the Jebao on my 40g. I don't doubt that your detritus is in suspense!

I wasn't that lucky,I had the white and red colored ones and they devoured a few frags of my precious zoas lol. While my white and grayish ones just cleaned shit.

Busted out the old Sony NEX to film the flow and take a couple macros. Nothing crazy but interesting to see corals that they say need low/medium flow loving it. Along with the Ice Fire frag enjoying the extra movement.

Raptors :

25554527074_b909f16d06_c.jpgraptorsmacro by Dave Fason, on Flickr

I can not get enough of this acan/micro :

26159320385_d5bc5a97eb_c.jpgacansunrisemacro by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Fun BW Photo :

26159313395_35682779db_c.jpgbwsixline by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Co Working making sure all is well :

26066834692_1b5c28ff70_c.jpgmaxwatching by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Enjoy!

-Dave

Busted out the old Sony NEX to film the flow and take a couple macros. Nothing crazy but interesting to see corals that they say need low/medium flow loving it. Along with the Ice Fire frag enjoying the extra movement.

https://vimeo.com/161108371

Raptors :

25554527074_b909f16d06_c.jpgraptorsmacro by Dave Fason, on Flickr

I can not get enough of this acan/micro :

26159320385_d5bc5a97eb_c.jpgacansunrisemacro by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Fun BW Photo :

26159313395_35682779db_c.jpgbwsixline by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Co Working making sure all is well :

26066834692_1b5c28ff70_c.jpgmaxwatching by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Enjoy!

-Dave

Nice pic of the sixline Dave,is it just me or do these guys look stunning under a V3 array in a 25 lagoon? ;)

Also, the Boston is awesome,such dapper little gents with their tuxes.

Nice pic of the sixline Dave,is it just me or do these guys look stunning under a V3 array in a 25 lagoon? ;)

Also, the Boston is awesome,such dapper little gents with their tuxes.

He is a stud :D

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the tank itself.

• Using all PolypLab supplements - So far my two favorite are...

• Reef Roids - Amazing stuff. Mixes extremely well and the coral response is unreal.
  • Polyp Booster - This is the secret ooze. Ever since dosing this I have seen my polyp size nearly double on some frags. Simply unreal.

I picked up a Six line and Trimma. I rarely see the Trimma but the Six Line adds great movement and one of my favorite fish. I am tossing the idea around about adding a Golden Dwarf Moray. I will also be adding a RW4 to the back. I want to get a random wave movement to get a nice gyre effect. I will have a MP10, Tunze 6020 and now the RW4 :D

This tank puts a smile on my face every day. I am in the work of setting up a IM10 for a rock anemone biotope right next to the Lagoon.

-Dave

i just got some polyp booster in and was wondering if you kept it in the frig after opening it? On the bottle it just says to keep in dry cool location

i just got some polyp booster in and was wondering if you kept it in the frig after opening it? On the bottle it just says to keep in dry cool location

I do not.

I normally do 5-6 drops a day.

Cool thanks!
How much of the polyp booster do you say do dose every time?

Thanks. I have a couple others I will post here soon.

NIce pics Dave. Love your Acans.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave i see you have some SPS growing well under your duo. What are your intensity levels? Im slowly bumping mine up to encourage growth. Its doing fine keeping them colored i just wonder if i have them to low. I hear teenyreefer has his really high so im wondering where mine should be

Thanks

New England clam chowder! "Awesome sauce"

Absolutely stunning.

Didn't you have a tiered multi tank set up? If it's still up, how's that system doing?

6.5-7" now. All started from a tiny 1" clam.

basser1, on 06 Mar 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:snapback.png

That clam is awesome as well as the tank itself! How big is it?

This is awesome. How long did it take for the clam to grow from 1-6"?

jedimasterben

I think Dave's had his for four years now? IIRC. Maxima's grow on average 1-1.4" per year, slowing down as they approach their maximum length of around 9".

DaveFason

A few fun all blue photos. I picked up a Fujifilm X70 for fun and fell in love with it. All the shot below are taken with it. These pictures are 95% true to color. Tank has been on cruise control and just enjoying it. I may have received a Reefer 170 for a special project. :ninja:

Pink Striped Chalice : I have had this for ~ three years and made it when I had the near tank crash last year. Finally coming back!

26480393150_df94fcb623_c.jpgpinkstripechalice5116 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Sunrise Acans : I could look at these for hours.

26659850112_01aaf5a05f_c.jpgsunriseacan5116 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Tri-Color : This has gone from white/green/purple to its current state. The past few weeks the purple is coming out and starting to shoot branches. Just need to get the color back and it will be a stunner.

26480392230_a20c5ba4f5_c.jpgtritip5116 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Fun shot of Frogspawn :

26149619803_c45193e333_c.jpgfrogjack5116 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Group shot of colors :

26727982286_047a1b8d6c_c.jpggroupshot5116 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Max :

26727979826_9650d16b11_c.jpgmax5116 by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Dave i see you have some SPS growing well under your duo. What are your intensity levels? Im slowly bumping mine up to encourage growth. Its doing fine keeping them colored i just wonder if i have them to low. I hear teenyreefer has his really high so im wondering where mine should be

Thanks

I run a TON of blue and not much white. 80% to 25%. I have found better results lately with running the lights for only 8 hours. Your tank is still VERY new. Let it get its groove on.

New England clam chowder! "Awesome sauce"

Absolutely stunning.

Didn't you have a tiered multi tank set up? If it's still up, how's that system doing?

Not anymore. I will have a IM10, Lagoon 25 and a reef 170 up very soon.

6.5-7" now. All started from a tiny 1" clam.

basser1, on 06 Mar 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:snapback.png

I have had it for almost or at 6 years.

I think Dave's had his for four years now? IIRC. Maxima's grow on average 1-1.4" per year, slowing down as they approach their maximum length of around 9".

Little more than that but great to know how large they will get. :D

Enjoy!

-Dave

teenyreef

Looks great, Dave! How are you liking the X70, and why did you choose that particular camera?

DaveFason

Looks great, Dave! How are you liking the X70, and why did you choose that particular camera?

It is an amazing camera. I have a couple small things that I do not like but overall I will be using this 95% of the time. The image quality is unreal for such a tiny camera. It uses the same sensor as the X100T. 4" minimum focus distance, easy to use aperture ring, wifi, etc. I really wanted a small power house. As much as I love my A7, it is large for city fun. I think the photos above also speak for themselves. Most were heavily cropped.

Archived