Top Shelf Aquatics

Daves Nano Box Drop Off Lagoon : New Start

DaveFason

Canon 100 2.8. Running it on my Metabones adaptor so I can use it with my A7. Going to tweak a few items and settings as well.

Pick a clam up. It will love the light!

-Dave

Love my A7!! Great pics!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love my A7!! Great pics!

Thanks man. I wont lie the new Pro G Series lens looks insane.

Side note I am trying the PolypLab Reef Roids to see what type of response I get. I am dosing the following.

• Reef Roids - Twice a week
  • NYOS Absolute Aminos - Twice a week
  • NYOS Coral Nectar - Three times a week
  • Reef Frenzy Nano - Larrys Reef Food - Every other day

So far the response has been very rewarding. Keeping parameters consistent has helped out with consistent feedings.

More to come!

-Dave

Thanks man. I wont lie the new Pro G Series lens looks insane.

Side note I am trying the PolypLab Reef Roids to see what type of response I get. I am dosing the following.

• Reef Roids - Twice a week
  • NYOS Absolute Aminos - Twice a week
  • NYOS Coral Nectar - Three times a week
  • Reef Frenzy Nano - Larrys Reef Food - Every other day
So far the response has been very rewarding. Keeping parameters consistent has helped out with consistent feedings.

More to come!

-Dave

Good schedule for the feeding Dave. I've been doing a few drops of selcon everyday in the morning and coral frenzy 2x week. One broadcast feed and 1 target. Luckily,this size tank 5 gallons a week water change goes a long way :lol:

How do you like the NYOS products compared to others?

Hard to compare as I have only been using these. I used AcroPower before however I found if you dosed to much it would cause algae quick.

Oooh nice tank! Love the clam, its insane, would like to try to keep a clam when my tank is well established!

. I got the Tunze 9001 for my fusion 20, i have trouble fitting the skimmer in the middlechamber with the tunze osmolator 3155

Im just thinking about switching to the smart micro ato in the future, is it sensitive for being near the overflow between the baffles in the back chamber?

Oooh nice tank! Love the clam, its insane, would like to try to keep a clam when my tank is well established!

. I got the Tunze 9001 for my fusion 20, i have trouble fitting the skimmer in the middlechamber with the tunze osmolator 3155

Im just thinking about switching to the smart micro ato in the future, is it sensitive for being near the overflow between the baffles in the back chamber?

I do not have an issues with it being sensitive back there. I do keep my water level a bit higher that most.

-Dave

I picked up a six line, trimma goby and a few corals. Will have a few new heavy hitters after Reefstock. :ninja:

Meanwhile here is macro of a new Dendro I picked up last week. Top five favorite corals.

24596606833_6d4ecec6ce_z.jpgdendro by David Fason, on Flickr

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Worked most of the day and just snapped a few macros. Trying to get much better with this stuff. I picked up a ton of frags from Legendary Corals as well. Enjoy!

My favorite photo in a while.

25443299651_48c5c5434e_c.jpgunknownleng by Dave Fason, on Flickr

UC Favia : Insane

25168520979_52009087a4_c.jpgUCfavia by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Joe Knows Reef Acan :

25417569832_2a31a21192_c.jpgjoeyacan by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Water Mellon Chalice that is almost baby blue

24905562854_c818384069_c.jpgjoeywatermellon by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Space looking favia :

25240465360_82210e15b3_c.jpglengfavia by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Micro :

24905546014_f28ef272a7_c.jpgmicrotealpink by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Miami Hurricane :

25509952496_6e6807beeb_c.jpgmaimihurricane by Dave Fason, on Flickr

Mummy Eye :

25168529169_7dae762f15_c.jpgmummyeye by Dave Fason, on Flickr

-Dave

Update on the tank itself.

• Using all PolypLab supplements - So far my two favorite are...
    • Reef Roids - Amazing stuff. Mixes extremely well and the coral response is unreal.
    • Polyp Booster - This is the secret ooze. Ever since dosing this I have seen my polyp size nearly double on some frags. Simply unreal.

I picked up a Six line and Trimma. I rarely see the Trimma but the Six Line adds great movement and one of my favorite fish. I am tossing the idea around about adding a Golden Dwarf Moray. I will also be adding a RW4 to the back. I want to get a random wave movement to get a nice gyre effect. I will have a MP10, Tunze 6020 and now the RW4 :D

This tank puts a smile on my face every day. I am in the work of setting up a IM10 for a rock anemone biotope right next to the Lagoon.

-Dave

I picked up a six line, trimma goby and a few corals. Will have a few new heavy hitters after Reefstock. :ninja:

Meanwhile here is macro of a new Dendro I picked up last week. Top five favorite corals.

24596606833_6d4ecec6ce_z.jpgdendro by David Fason, on Flickr

-Dave

Love the new pics, Dave! This one of the dendro is really cool, I like how just the mouth is glowing like the crater of a volcano :)

Everything is looking very nice Dave. I was reading about the Polyp Lab supplements, and their literature says that it's ideal for a low-nutrient system. Do you think that it would be as effective, and provide such positive results in a higher nutrient system?

Either way, I'm really interested to see your thoughts on it over a long run trial.

Thanks! I read that too but curious why. Possibly tanks with lower nutrients benefit from the supplements to create a higher nutrient system? Either way I have been blown away.

Everything is looking very nice Dave. I was reading about the Polyp Lab supplements, and their literature says that it's ideal for a low-nutrient system. Do you think that it would be as effective, and provide such positive results in a higher nutrient system?

Either way, I'm really interested to see your thoughts on it over a long run trial.

6.5-7" now. All started from a tiny 1" clam.

That clam is awesome as well as the tank itself! How big is it?

Thanks! The dendro is a stunner.

Love the new pics, Dave! This one of the dendro is really cool, I like how just the mouth is glowing like the crater of a volcano :)

HarryPotter

Been hearing a lot about polyp booster, might have to pick some up. Already use and like Reef ROids.

Does it screw with the skimmer a lot?

How are the sps doing ?

I've been using reef roids and polyp booster myself and I've noticed a huge difference with growth in some Zoa's that were stagnant in growth.

Doing great. My Setosa one night decided it hated life and killed 3/4 of the small colony I had. Now it is healing.

How are the sps doing ?

I've been using reef roids and polyp booster myself and I've noticed a huge difference with growth in some Zoa's that were stagnant in growth.

Online and local. Just depends.

Do you get your corals locally, Dave or online?

I love how glittery that Leng favia is!

I am in the work of setting up a IM10 for a rock anemone biotope right next to the Lagoon.

Yes.... we have converted you to the way of the RFA! I think a Vivid series lid would look great on the light for that tank.

Sorry I missed this. I do not look at the skimmer but would assume it would a bit. Will check in morning when I dose.

Been hearing a lot about polyp booster, might have to pick some up. Already use and like Reef ROids.

Does it screw with the skimmer a lot?

Always loved RFA. However this tank is going to be nuts... :)

I love how glittery that Leng favia is!

Yes.... we have converted you to the way of the RFA! I think a Vivid series lid would look great on the light for that tank.

Archived