inTank Media Baskets

Fusion 20 Gal Club

uwdanno

@Jaredgib how do you like the NanoBox?  Do you get a lot of light bleed out onto your walls and floor around the tank?

I'm currently running two Kessil A80s over my Nuvo Fusion 20, about 4" off the water (I made a bracket to hold them that low).  This is to get good coverage of the whole tank, but minimize light spilling outside the tank onto the walls and floor (which was a huge issue with my single Kessil A160 that I ended up returning).

I'm now concerned that my two A80s might not be enough light for a mixed tank and so I'm casually considering other options for the future.  I'd looked at one or two AI Primes, but the spread seems to be so wide, I'm not sure it's even possible to set them up without a ton of light bleeding out around the tank.  I'm wondering if the NanoBox, which appears to mount pretty low to the water, performs better in that regard.  I've heard nothing but good things in terms of its ability to grow coral.

Thanks!

( not innovative marine products please) 

Hi. What diferente equipment fits on fusion 20? 

What skimmers ?  

What reactors?  

Filters?  

Pumps etc 

Thank you very much

23 hours ago, rbargante said:

If you don't mind can you tell me for how many hours you run your light?  Thanks 

My primes turn on at 7 am with a 3.5 ramp up and ramp down to completely turning off at 9 pm.

• Thanks 1
On 11/10/2017 at 1:40 PM, Grassy Noel said:

@Jaredgib how do you like the NanoBox?  Do you get a lot of light bleed out onto your walls and floor around the tank?

I'm currently running two Kessil A80s over my Nuvo Fusion 20, about 4" off the water (I made a bracket to hold them that low).  This is to get good coverage of the whole tank, but minimize light spilling outside the tank onto the walls and floor (which was a huge issue with my single Kessil A160 that I ended up returning).

I'm now concerned that my two A80s might not be enough light for a mixed tank and so I'm casually considering other options for the future.  I'd looked at one or two AI Primes, but the spread seems to be so wide, I'm not sure it's even possible to set them up without a ton of light bleeding out around the tank.  I'm wondering if the NanoBox, which appears to mount pretty low to the water, performs better in that regard.  I've heard nothing but good things in terms of its ability to grow coral.

Thanks!

I really like the Nanobox Duo, it has performed well. There is some bleed out on the sides, but it’s tolerable. I️ plan to upgrade to the 30L very soon and will continue using the Nanobox on the new tank.

2 hours ago, HairyGary said:

Anybody using a radion XR30 on their fusion 20?  Just curious on intensity level.   

Gary! So sorry for the delayed response to your message. 

Here is what have been using with success. I run the overall intensity at 100% and then have the custom setting below that. Let me know what questions you have. I struggled to get it right in the beginning. 

8FEC996F-C04C-41D3-A453-6949B239275B.png

9552D220-9E7C-4840-BC7B-956F6B570D64.png

72077040-B9E5-40E4-B877-7B43D76F9F2D.png

10 hours ago, uwdanno said:

@HairyGary This is what my custom settings look like at peak. I only adjust the cool whites, greens and reds to ramp up and down from peak

8576FB88-3CF0-453E-A53F-8C9E83C6C4EC.png

No problem and Thanks!  Yeah moving over from two primes to a new G4 Pro.  I had them running close to the AB+ settings that Ecotech uses but have been perplexed about the intensity levels.  I am about at 40% now but acclimating to 60% within two weeks.  The few LPS I have are not happy.  Just planning to get them in the new tank soon.  

You are hanging the light correct?  how high?  I am using RMS but will be hanging over the new tank with some T5s.  

2 hours ago, HairyGary said:

No problem and Thanks!  Yeah moving over from two primes to a new G4 Pro.  I had them running close to the AB+ settings that Ecotech uses but have been perplexed about the intensity levels.  I am about at 40% now but acclimating to 60% within two weeks.  The few LPS I have are not happy.  Just planning to get them in the new tank soon.  

You are hanging the light correct?  how high?  I am using RMS but will be hanging over the new tank with some T5s.  

I am guessing my light is about 11 inches from the surface. I was very slow with the acclimation process. It took me several weeks to get to the point I’m at 

C9C11708-CABE-48C8-9B4B-2E83D7CFEBC5.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, uwdanno said:

I am guessing my light is about 11 inches from the surface. I was very slow with the acclimation process. It took me several weeks to get to the point I’m at 

C9C11708-CABE-48C8-9B4B-2E83D7CFEBC5.jpeg

Looks good!  Thanks!

What return pump are you guys using? Microbubbles showed up, using sicce 1.0 as and see some coming out of the return that have not always been there. The sicce 1.0 barely did not fit for me I am sure others are out there with the same...situation. It was JUST too short so I had to slightly pull the tubing of the Y joint to stretch and fit and I feel that may be the root of this. Ideally I would like to solve my issue but my guess is I will be looking at replacing the return pump. I am curious what you guys are using out there, the less modification that needs to be done the better. I need something extremely quiet as this tank is right next to my desk, that is my main concern and why I went with sicce in the first place. I have a powerhead in the tank for additional flow so it does not necessarily have to be a workhorse. Let me know if you can help me out or suggest a product for me, thanks. 

1 hour ago, schleppey said:

What return pump are you guys using? Microbubbles showed up, using sicce 1.0 as and see some coming out of the return that have not always been there. The sicce 1.0 barely did not fit for me I am sure others are out there with the same...situation. It was JUST too short so I had to slightly pull the tubing of the Y joint to stretch and fit and I feel that may be the root of this. Ideally I would like to solve my issue but my guess is I will be looking at replacing the return pump. I am curious what you guys are using out there, the less modification that needs to be done the better. I need something extremely quiet as this tank is right next to my desk, that is my main concern and why I went with sicce in the first place. I have a powerhead in the tank for additional flow so it does not necessarily have to be a workhorse. Let me know if you can help me out or suggest a product for me, thanks. 

Sicce 1.5 works for me.  Its super quiet.  

On 11/28/2017 at 7:33 PM, schleppey said:

Use two sicce 0.5 in each return. Used sicce 1.5 a lot of vibration...

• 2 weeks later...

Just hooked it up to the return lines no suction cups. Pretty quiet as far as I can tell but it’s right next to my other tank with a sump that isn’t quiet. 

9 minutes ago, B16acrx1988 said:

Just hooked it up to the return lines no suction cups. Pretty quiet as far as I can tell but it’s right next to my other tank with a sump that isn’t quiet. 

awesome thanks, I'll try that once my MJ comes in.  

BTW anyone else notice how bad the evaporation is on these tanks? Def need an ATO for this tank

Swapped over today from my cube water still hazy from setting coral on sandbed. My Monti that was 11”x11” got destroyed trying to remove it from old rock so what I could get off is now a Frag. ?

EECCD9D9-9812-4478-9829-AABD32E3EECE.jpeg