Pod Your Reef

Fusion 20 Gal Club

uwdanno

do not smoke the reef(er)

Thinking about getting an ATO. Not sure on the placement of where it should go and how high the water level should be in the back of my tank. Any tips on placement?

Thinking about getting an ATO. Not sure on the placement of where it should go and how high the water level should be in the back of my tank. Any tips on placement?

There is only one option for ato sensor placement. Has to be in the middle return chamber. That's the location the evaporation level fluctuates most dramatically.

I have mine set at a level so the water coming over the baffles from the side chambers falls about 1/2 inch

• Like 2
do not smoke the reef(er)

There is only one option for ato sensor placement. Has to be in the middle return chamber. That's the location the evaporation level fluctuates most dramatically.

I have mine set at a level so the water coming over the baffles from the side chambers falls about 1/2 inch

Thank you! just ordered my ATO today and will use your advice :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd post here to sticky this thread.  Just got an IM Fusion 20 gallon this past week.  New substrate coming tomorrow so it should look majestic come Wednesday.

Build thread here: 

20170827_095116.jpg

• Thanks 1
On 8/27/2017 at 2:49 PM, cju84 said:

Thought I'd post here to sticky this thread.  Just got an IM Fusion 20 gallon this past week.  New substrate coming tomorrow so it should look majestic come Wednesday.

Build thread here: 

20170827_095116.jpg

Added! 

Hi All experts,

Here is mine Nuvo 20, just set up yesterday to start the cycling process...long way to go...learning from all the expert here....very nice setup and corals with fishes....hope my tank will turn out nice as well.

Salinity at 1.025 and PH 8.15

All comments/advise most welcome! Thanks in advance. 

IMG_4550[1].JPG

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, AltisD said:

Hi All experts,

Here is mine Nuvo 20, just set up yesterday to start the cycling process...long way to go...learning from all the expert here....very nice setup and corals with fishes....hope my tank will turn out nice as well.

Salinity at 1.025 and PH 8.15

All comments/advise most welcome! Thanks in advance. 

IMG_4550[1].JPG

Welcome. Can't lie- I'm jealous of your new tank. So fresh and so clean

Hello,

My tank has been up,and running for just over a year. Changed the aquascape recently and am trying to focus on growing my corals out. 

Sicce 1.0 return

MP10 

Ehiem 100watt heater

Nanobox Duo plus M

Apex JR--temperature and ph probes

Tunze ATO

No Skimmer or reactor

GFO in a media bag and Chemipure Blue

IMG_0289.JPG

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2016 at 6:36 PM, Confuse said:

I know that many people are using the Sicce 1.5 return pump, but I was wondering if a Sicce 1.0 would be OK to use? The stock return pump makes a loud hum, but it seems to push enough water. And the Sicce 1.0 is more in line with the stock pump as far as GPH.

What do you guys think?

Use 2 sicce 0.5 in each return the 1.5 has a lot vibration.. dont know about 1.0..

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I am using the sicce 1.0 as a return pump and about 3 weeks into the tank running I am seeing some slight microbubbles coming from the return now. Let me give you the full story, the nozzle attaching the pump to IM's Y brace of return tubing was about a half inch shorter than the stock IM pump. The pump could not reach the return. I had to make the pump suction to the glass while also making the return tubes reach their holes so I basically extended the Y brace. I pulled the tubes were fitted to the plastic Y piece with a healthy amount of overlap and extended the distance I needed from there. 

Initially I was apprehensive about it all but I really did not see another way, and was satisfied when it worked. It took me almost 45 minutes of soaking in hot water and tugging because of how tight the seal is so I really doubt that it is coming from there I just have no other explanation. If any of you have done similar things with the Y brace you understand what I mean when I say they are TIGHT. There are not noticeable bubbles entering the return compartment and the microbubbles are shooting out of the return nozzles in non periodic patterns, never for more than a second. 

I can get very very obsessive over little things like this so I am just trying to hit the nail on the head the first time. My main issue is that I did not have them before and they basically just appeared. I know there must be a lot of you who have dealt with microbubbles alone and any tips help, thanks.

4 hours ago, calvin said:

Anyone running a single AI Prime HD over their tank? Think it would be enough? I’m considering a switch 

I am currently doing so and am very happy with my results, it is easily "enough" lighting for my needs for right now. For reference I have it on a newer tank so I am not to worried about acros. I think I will eventually get another AI Prime HD so I can have confidence in their survival 100% and have a lot of them. You could probably get away with a few acros under the center  with one light. All that being said I currently have an Acan in the furthest corner of my tank basically on the ground and I would say it is one of the happiest coral in my tank. So depending on what you want or consider enough it could be. If I have to give a one word answer I would say yes. I love the light.

• Thanks 1

Here is mine. Pcis are from August so I guess I need to updte some new photos.   I am running two Prime HDs.  Its been up for over a year and have had to really cut back some of my SPS.  Green birdsnest in back left was growing on the glass and same for the three montis up front.  I have also had to frag my green slimer some as well.  

Fusion 20 side.jpg

Fusion FTS - August.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, HairyGary said:

Here is mine. Pcis are from August so I guess I need to updte some new photos.   I am running two Prime HDs.  Its been up for over a year and have had to really cut back some of my SPS.  Green birdsnest in back left was growing on the glass and same for the three montis up front.  I have also had to frag my green slimer some as well.  

Fusion 20 side.jpg

Fusion FTS - August.jpg

please can you send me the settings of your Prime HDs ? also can you please tell what you use for filtration etc? thank you very much

UV - 50%

Violet - 115%

Blue - 90%

RB - 90%

Green - 4%

Red - 4%

White - 25%

I had my UV low previously and have been slowly ramping up.

I run the IM Ghost Skimmer which has been fine but I also do water change every other week.  I dose Alk and Calc.  I also have two InTank racks in each overflow where I run floss, Purigen and Chemipure Elite.  I change floss every week and those monthly.

I recently purchased a G4 Pro and will be removing the Primes in the next couple of weeks to acclimate the animals as I am preparing to upgrade to 93 cube.

4 hours ago, HairyGary said:

UV - 50%

Violet - 115%

Blue - 90%

RB - 90%

Green - 4%

Red - 4%

White - 25%

I had my UV low previously and have been slowly ramping up.

I run the IM Ghost Skimmer which has been fine but I also do water change every other week.  I dose Alk and Calc.  I also have two InTank racks in each overflow where I run floss, Purigen and Chemipure Elite.  I change floss every week and those monthly.

I recently purchased a G4 Pro and will be removing the Primes in the next couple of weeks to acclimate the animals as I am preparing to upgrade to 93 cube.

HairyGary

thank you for your help . appreciate

I asked this question in the equipment forum and got no response so I thought I'd ask here. Anyone have either a link to or a description of the mod needed to use the CAD Lights skimmer in an IM Fusion Nuvo 20? Is the Aquaticlife Internal Mini 115 a decent skimmer? Does it have to be modded?