ReefCleaners.org

Fusion 20 Gal Club

uwdanno

I assume everyone using the IM 20 stand is happy with it?

We are moving early March, so I will probably pick a new stand this weekend. I've never been 100% sold on the one Im using. This weekend, I can build the stand and attempt to organize all the Apex equipment prior to the move.

I'm using an Ikea "Brimnes" cabinet as a stand. I like it quite a bit, and it's taller (37") than most aquarium stands. Cut a couple holes in the back for tubes and electrics, the only thing coming from the tank is one power line to the wall.

Also, guys, I'm one of you now! Fusion 20 tank thread

• Like 4

We are moving early March, so I will probably pick a new stand this weekend. I've never been 100% sold on the one Im using. This weekend, I can build the stand and attempt to organize all the Apex equipment prior to the move.

i bought a stand from a local furniture store. I'm not sure that too many are using the IM stand.

• Like 1

Built my own as it does not take much to get a better product than MDF....... Mine is poplar with a butcher block top.

i got my stand custom made.

• Like 1

I'm using an Ikea "Brimnes" cabinet as a stand. I like it quite a bit, and it's taller (37") than most aquarium stands. Cut a couple holes in the back for tubes and electrics, the only thing coming from the tank is one power line to the wall.

Also, guys, I'm one of you now! Fusion 20 tank thread

Added you both to the list. Welcome to the cool club

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
MatthewJackie0325

Haven't seen a update about the eshopp nano protein skimmer, strongly leaning towards the IM Ghost. Need pros and cons. Planning on setting up my fusion 20 soon just going to buy everything at once. Need it to be quiet. BEd room Display tank.

Do you all believe 1 Ai Prime light will be good enough?

Also I wanted to add a pair of Picassos, pair of Pearly Jawfish, and a Diamond Goby. Do you think it's to much fish for the tank?

The brimnes ikea stand is partical board, will it be enough support?

Hi all, new to the forum here so I thought I would introduce myself and show my IM Fusion 20. I am very new to the saltwater and this is my first tank, so be nice. Overall I am really happy with it, still struggle with things here and there like where I should place corals and such. Have some problems with diatoms on the sand and bubble algae but those seem to be subsiding. Tank has been running for a little over 3 months now. Any criticism/advice is appreciated :)

post-90689-0-30135200-1458481532_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all, new to the forum here so I thought I would introduce myself and show my IM Fusion 20. I am very new to the saltwater and this is my first tank, so be nice. Overall I am really happy with it, still struggle with things here and there like where I should place corals and such. Have some problems with diatoms on the sand and bubble algae but those seem to be subsiding. Tank has been running for a little over 3 months now. Any criticism/advice is appreciated :)

It's looking great! You've got some nice pieces in there. What equipment are you running? That'll help everyone provide advice!

Thanks! So I upgraded the return pump to a maxi-jet 1200 and added a RW-4 for circulation. I am using a single AI Prime for lighting. For filtration I upgraded to IM Caddy and just run filter floss in them, with a bag of chemi-pure blue and purigen in one sump chamber and roughly 3/4kg of Biohome filter media in the other. Debating on adding a skimmer and if so which one. There is approx. 16lbs of live rock and 15lbs of live sand. Current livestock includes 2 clownfish with plans on adding a orchid dottyback and thats about it. CUC consists of 2 trocheus snails, 5 astrea snails, 3 nassarius snails, and 2 scarlet hermit crabs.

• Like 1

Thanks! So I upgraded the return pump to a maxi-jet 1200 and added a RW-4 for circulation. I am using a single AI Prime for lighting. For filtration I upgraded to IM Caddy and just run filter floss in them, with a bag of chemi-pure blue and purigen in one sump chamber and roughly 3/4kg of Biohome filter media in the other. Debating on adding a skimmer and if so which one. There is approx. 16lbs of live rock and 15lbs of live sand. Current livestock includes 2 clownfish with plans on adding a orchid dottyback and thats about it. CUC consists of 2 trocheus snails, 5 astrea snails, 3 nassarius snails, and 2 scarlet hermit crabs.

Sounds like you are on a good track. The choice of a skimmer depends on livestock and how much you feed. I do 3-4 water changes per week on mine - avoiding the need for a skimmer. Several on here love the skimmer options though.

Start a build thread. It'll be easier for people to follow and help you out along the way. Good luck!

NEW Fusion 20......started 01/21/16

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/371848-new-fusion-20-with-photosretired-fluval-spec-v/

attachicon.gif13.JPG

FTS on 03/05/16

Welcome. Added you.

Forgot to mention here that I ended up switching stands. I got the IM High-gloss stand.

The Ikea cabinet I was using didn't have a center support and the weight of the tank had started to bow the top of the cabinet.

So I'd not suggest trying the brimnes cabinet.

The IM stand was annoying to put together, but is super sturdy and looks decent. This new one is very glossed, and made mostly waterproof. Still a bit too pricey for what it is IMHO though.

• Like 1

I know that many people are using the Sicce 1.5 return pump, but I was wondering if a Sicce 1.0 would be OK to use? The stock return pump makes a loud hum, but it seems to push enough water. And the Sicce 1.0 is more in line with the stock pump as far as GPH.

What do you guys think?