Top Shelf Aquatics

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

Nice favia and monti pickup, p-cakes!

I didn't actually pick up the Favia. Just something I snapped a pic of to see if any vendors could get one in the future. Erin was with me and I wasnt trying to explain. A 60 dollar frag to her. Although she told me to go back inside to get it I know how that would have ended....

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice coral!!!

That branching clove thing is really cool! I love it!

It is definitely an interesting growth pattern. It started all clumped up on a rock from glenn but the MP10 was too strong I guess and it all left the rock and grew up the wall to get away.

Yup. Nano box tide. I'm just starting to see promising growth of purple and pink on my rocks. It's been growing on the power head from the 2nd or 3rd week the tank has been set up probably. I get tons of that ugly green coraline that grows all over the glass and rocks though.

I didn't actually pick up the Favia. Just something I snapped a pic of to see if any vendors could get one in the future. Erin was with me and I wasnt trying to explain. A 60 dollar frag to her. Although she told me to go back inside to get it I know how that would have ended....

You plus a new favia? :P

You plus a new favia? :P

I'm still off on bereavement time tomorrow aND erin is back at clinicals.... I may have to swing by and see if they still have one. There were 2 pieces and both were gorgeous.

I love your ricordias man, absolutely stunning!

Thank you. I seem to lose them pretty easily in every tank I've ever had but in additon to the 2 you see I have a few babies just starting to color up nicely. About quarter sized. They are one of my favorite corals. So much color and texture in a little circle and I love how they bunch up.

I'm still off on bereavement time tomorrow aND erin is back at clinicals.... I may have to swing by and see if they still have one. There were 2 pieces and both were gorgeous.

Thank you. I seem to lose them pretty easily in every tank I've ever had but in additon to the 2 you see I have a few babies just starting to color up nicely. About quarter sized. They are one of my favorite corals. So much color and texture in a little circle and I love how they bunch up.

Yea dude you have a pass to do extra corals and crap,someone passed. It's like a card to do what you want within reason of course. I'm the worst lol

She has been. So nice to me the past couple of days I think I used up all my cards. :D

Nah jn all seriousness erin is great. 4 hours ago was the first time I even started my car in the past 4 days or so. Erin went everywhere necessary, drove me anywhere I needed to go on top of bringing me to 2 lfs totalling about an hour of driving there and an hour back....

Did you think you were still sleeping and just dreamt it?

Since I'm a one-upper and all that, Jeff tells me today he wants us to start a macro-algae business. WAT? Seriously? yes please.

oH NOOOOOOO! is the computer done for? I liked the post then almost unliked it because of the cracked screen. I bet the hammer will make it. I was messing around near mine and slipped with the tongs and hit the hammer. Tentacles went flying everywhere :wacko:. 10 minutes later it was like nothing happened.

What type of macros are you thinking?

Idk how I missed that part of your comment!

I just cut the gorg off that "natural" plug. Never knew they had a root system? I cut it flush and put it on some rubble to get it closer to the main rock work and threw that root thing in the back to see if it seeds at all. Doubt it though it has no flesh on it at all.

Love that yellow Cap. It's polyps aren't out yet I hope it does well. 7ThlXns.jpg

Thanks patrick. :) can't wait to try em out!6aymbLy.jpg

Does anyone have a definite id on what this thing is?

7ANKCjC.jpg

I didn't change the coloring at all but I dont think anyone needs colors to say what it is.

CUO7n18.jpg

What type of macros are you thinking?

Idk how I missed that part of your comment!

All different kinds! Your standard chaeto and ulva and gracillaria but then a lot of interesting display macros too :) So if you see any interesting ones, I'm on the hunt! they're going into the 12 long now and then once we figure out the holding tanks, lighting and such, I'll move it all.

All different kinds! Your standard chaeto and ulva and gracillaria but then a lot of interesting display macros too :) So if you see any interesting ones, I'm on the hunt! they're going into the 12 long now and then once we figure out the holding tanks, lighting and such, I'll move it all.

I'll be on the look out. Better be a macro and gorg grow out tank though. :)

At first I was like...why did he put a duck call in his tank??? LOL

:D

I'll be on the look out. Better be a macro and gorg grow out tank though. :)

:D

Oh for sure gorgs :wub:

So, I thought the duck calls were some sort of contraptions to smoke the reefer with :lol:

At first I was like...why did he put a duck call in his tank??? LOL

Thanks patrick. :) can't wait to try em out!6aymbLy.jpgDoes anyone have a definite id on what this thing is?

7ANKCjC.jpg

I didn't change the coloring at all but I dont think anyone needs colors to say what it is.

CUO7n18.jpg

Absolutely my friend. The triple threat does a good chuckle ;)

That one can split your ears.

Also,tank looks full sir :)

Absolutely my friend. The triple threat does a good chuckle ;)

That one can split your ears.

Also,tank looks full sir :)

Thanks. I can't wait to try out for a wood duck. Hopefully this weekend I get out there we are running out of season time.

I've been having trouble getting full tank shots because the left side is all zoas and hidden ontop/behind the rock work so I always feel like it looks empty. I don't even have a computer screen currently to see what anything looks like full sized.

Just as an update. Yellow Cap isn't as colorful and vibrant as it was originally but the polyps are finally out. I was worried they were going to stay tucked in until it died.

Good news. The laser I bought works underwater!

Bad news...I turned the power head off to try it out and didn't check become turning it back on. Spotted ane nome shrimp isn't moving at all but his little heart thing is still pumping. :(

Archived