SaltCritters.com

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

Can anyone think of anything on the smaller side to help with aptaisia other than peppermint shrimp?

What about just supergluing them?

Wouldn't be a bad idea actually. Ensure ideal PAR throughout the entire thing

Or ensure 1000 par throughout the entire thing :lol:

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang how many are in there?

What tank?

Not a terrible amount. In an actual decent sixes tank you probably wouldn't even notice them. In this tiny tank it is almost like they are magnified x100. I need to read up on berhia. Are they toxic if they get chopped up by a propeller or anything? If not I will definitely try to pick some up. My LFS has nudibranchs all the time.

What about just supergluing them?

Or ensure 1000 par throughout the entire thing :lol:

I thought about superfluous them but some are dangerously close to coral and let's face it...I'm usually too drunk to be doing precision gluing.

I do need to glue over some zoa polyps though that aren't staying where I want them to.

Not a terrible amount. In an actual decent sixes tank you probably wouldn't even notice them. In this tiny tank it is almost like they are magnified x100. I need to read up on berhia. Are they toxic if they get chopped up by a propeller or anything? If not I will definitely try to pick some up. My LFS has nudibranchs all the time.

I thought about superfluous them but some are dangerously close to coral and let's face it...I'm usually too drunk to be doing precision gluing.

I do need to glue over some zoa polyps though that aren't staying where I want them to.

I have a bunch too. I've started supergluing. but there are a few I can't get to with the glue so I figure once the population gets a little bigger, I'll bring in the berghias. Then once they eat it, I'll ship them to someone else.

They'll be fine p-cakes. I had them down in my sump in the tank....everywhere. They grow and multiply quick if they have food. I went from a dozen to hundreds in a month - month and a half.

I have a bunch too. I've started supergluing. but there are a few I can't get to with the glue so I figure once the population gets a little bigger, I'll bring in the berghias. Then once they eat it, I'll ship them to someone else.

Bring in the slugs, money bags!

Wherever you been gena? How was christmas?

I would also like to say that I lied. Upon closer inspection, I have been a grandfather for a while. There is two little red babies. :)

I've been here and there :). Christmas was nice. How was yours? I was just thinking this morning that I should take down my tree this weekend. boohoo.

They'll be fine p-cakes. I had them down in my sump in the tank....everywhere. They grow and multiply quick if they have food. I went from a dozen to hundreds in a month - month and a half.

Bring in the slugs, money bags!

:lol: Who are you calling money bags, me??

See this is my fear. I probably have a dozen or so right now. I'm worried that I'm going to have hundreds tomorrow :)

:lol: Who are you calling money bags, me??

See this is my fear. I probably have a dozen or so right now. I'm worried that I'm going to have hundreds tomorrow :)

Duh.....don't you live in Connecticut?

I've been here and there :). Christmas was nice. How was yours? I was just thinking this morning that I should take down my tree this weekend. boohoo.

Mine was good. Lots of family time. Most of everything is still up at my house but I had to take down all the work stuff already. Took me and one other guy over 7 hours to pack it all away. This year was nice though. On top of the little bit of stuff we had already we spent another 3 grand on decorations.

Mine was good. Lots of family time. Most of everything is still up at my house but I had to take down all the work stuff already. Took me and one other guy over 7 hours to pack it all away. This year was nice though. On top of the little bit of stuff we had already we spent another 3 grand on decorations.

Family time is the best :D. Bummer that today is the last day of break.

Hah..and I thought I spent a lot on decorations this year :).

I got a tripod for Christmas and will try to get my camera settings right to get some decent pics. I also have a snake camera on the way that connects to my phone and is supposedly waterproof. I should be able to get some better pictures with that in spite of the bow front.

Just reread my post. I will go to the bank and then LEAVE the bank and got to a state recognized shooting range to shoot stuff. I will not shoot at the bank.

Just reread my post. I will go to the bank and then LEAVE the bank and got to a state recognized shooting range to shoot stuff. I will not shoot at the bank.

My BF picked up a new picked up a new rifle yesterday. Smith & Wesson M&P 15 I think. Now he's gotta find somewhere to go shoot it!!

Duh.....don't you live in Connecticut?

:lol: Yes. But on the pauper side otherwise known as East of the connecticut River ;)

I'm pretty sure My only plans for tomorrow is going to the bank, shooting shit, and buying coral and doing tank stuff. :)

:lol: I was sure you'd go the way of teflon tom and end up in jail.

So I suck at taking real pictures and gave up. Last time I had to play a YouTube how-to video and pause it every 10 seconds to get a decent picture with all the settings.

I also didn't go shooting.

I DID however stop at a lfs. Only one because I spent to much to risk seeing something I wanted at the other.

Kyle-thought of you while I grabbed a blackout zoa frag.

Also got some cool orange zoa frag, a reef gen gorgonian, a white spotted anemone shrimp, and remember a while ago I mentioned the wierd,tiny acan type things that almost looked like miniature versions of ananthophylia??? Got one of those. Somehow I only wound up spending 75 bucks and this was the expensive store. I think he threw a frag or two in for free. :)

3mDuMNH.jpgMore to come tomorrow but for now....

Also one of my ricordea let go and was in an acans mouth. Both were looking Shitty. I left the acan in and just threw the ricordea away. :(

Hmmm that will do...

For now....

Haha. I have a few pictures but they are either without the new coral or just really crappy. I will definitely take more tomorrow. Hopefully. :)

So I suck at taking real pictures and gave up. Last time I had to play a YouTube how-to video and pause it every 10 seconds to get a decent picture with all the settings.

I also didn't go shooting.

I DID however stop at a lfs. Only one because I spent to much to risk seeing something I wanted at the other.

Kyle-thought of you while I grabbed a blackout zoa frag.

Also got some cool orange zoa frag, a reef gen gorgonian, a white spotted anemone shrimp, and remember a while ago I mentioned the wierd,tiny acan type things that almost looked like miniature versions of ananthophylia??? Got one of those. Somehow I only wound up spending 75 bucks and this was the expensive store. I think he threw a frag or two in for free. :)

Blackout frag? Hell yea. And what is this mini acantho you speak of?

Blackout frag? Hell yea. And what is this mini acantho you speak of?

I'll get a picture tomorrow but they are around the size of an acan head but for whatever reason, they have the droopy sides of a meat coral. I'm pretty sure it is just am acan but I really have no idea.

I'll get a picture tomorrow but they are around the size of an acan head but for whatever reason, they have the droopy sides of a meat coral. I'm pretty sure it is just am acan but I really have no idea.

You F'n tease!

Archived