Pod Your Reef

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

Yup. There are a couple "meatcorals" by different names but acanthophillia is one of the most common, then there are different variations based on I believe where they are located.

The overhead shot looks good,really shows off the color and form in the tank patty :)

Thank you patrick.

What are you up to today? I can't find any more lead free shot around me. :(

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. There are a couple "meatcorals" by different names but acanthophillia is one of the most common, then there are different variations based on I believe where they are located.

Thank you patrick.

What are you up to today? I can't find any more lead free shot around me. :(

I'm working. :/

Oh no? What size etc? I'll look around my way after I'm off

I wave a winchester 1200 so only 2 3/4. I found a few bricks of 3 and 31/2 and 3 magnums but no 2 3/4. Guess nobody ordered them again since duck season is over in a week. My brother can shoot the 3" I think. I may have to just share with him.

Pgr,do you know what reciever he would have if his serial number ends with a "w" rather than an "m" or an R Or whatever other letter they use? I couldn't find anything on a w..... he has an 870 express.

I can't figure this out either...according to the serial number it is either from 96 or 2016....both impossible....it was purchased new from a shop September of 2015. I highly doubt a gun has been sitting around for 20 years and being that there hasn't been a change in them don't see why they would date a 2015 as a 2016 (dating website claims it would have been in April anyway, way too early to push the year ahead)

Hmmm time to contact remington

I just got off the phone with them. Holy shit, what a bunch of miserable sobs over there. Anyways, guy says it is fine for 3 but not 3.5 and the serial site was incorrext, it was manufactured may of 2015. Guess we will be heading out with just one gun this week coming up.

I can't physically get a picture due to the angle however I thought it would be interesting to mention that I lasered a zoanthid that was over growing it's boundaries. It finally opened up after days of staying shut tight and is now just a blue base on the half I was burning. It has lost its green ring where the light was concentrated.

Changed my water last night. Next thing I know I heard a crunch and grinding sound and the stomatella was cut in half yet still cruising around. This mp10 is a death sentence lately. It was also thick with all types of algae so I cleaned it up a bit and put it back in. The coraline actually basically glued the wetside to the glass and I had to razor it off and ended up knocking the yellow Cap off the glass. It took so long to get it to stay the fest time that I said #### it and glued it to a rock instead.

Changed my water last night. Next thing I know I heard a crunch and grinding sound and the stomatella was cut in half yet still cruising around. This mp10 is a death sentence lately. It was also thick with all types of algae so I cleaned it up a bit and put it back in. The coraline actually basically glued the wetside to the glass and I had to razor it off and ended up knocking the yellow Cap off the glass. It took so long to get it to stay the fest time that I said #### it and glued it to a rock instead.

Maybe you'll have two stomatellas?

Maybe you'll have two stomatellas?

:D. I wish!

Or maybe he has a new strain of zombie stomatellas :lol:.

I was going to say I wish for this even more but I guess a zombie snail is technically a whelk, right?

:D. I wish!

I was going to say I wish for this even more but I guess a zombie snail is technically a whelk, right?

Nah...I think you have the first ever OFFICIAL zombie snail :D.

And just so it is known, that is a type of macro in the corner. Believe it or not I never had cyano or even Diatoms in this tank.

Alls is good. How are you doing buddy?

I'm good sir. Can't complain,did you ever track any steel shot down?

PM81PB5.jpg

Also...yes...this rocks. I still love the mp10 in the pico :)

Thanks guys.

Yeah we tracked some steelshot down. Walmart ended up reordering I guess so they had a full shelf of it. We ended up having a crap hunting trip thougg, to much pressure on the birds. They were all flying above towards the mainland before legal shooting and barely hovering above the water during legal shooting time.

Thanks guys.

Yeah we tracked some steelshot down. Walmart ended up reordering I guess so they had a full shelf of it. We ended up having a crap hunting trip thougg, to much pressure on the birds. They were all flying above towards the mainland before legal shooting and barely hovering above the water during legal shooting time.

Bunch o dicks

Thanks guys.

My brother sent me this photo last night. This was Thanksgiving 2009. My mom took this picture of my two brothers and my brother's friend. Thought you might enjoy seeing it. I grew up with this stuff :lol:.

Click on the photo to make it bigger.

post-25164-0-87607000-1454431741_thumb.png

Nice picture!

I got 1 black duck that had tainted meat and a mallard I couldn't find this year.

The malard situation really pissed me off though. The day of my grandfather's funeral my brother and I decided to go out with only enough time to hunt 30 minutes. We got out there and had a flock come in 10 minutes before end time and I had a nice clean shot over a marsh with tall grass.

These two guys decided that since they didn't get anything and were out before us, before I could get to the duck they drove straight through our decoys with guns in hand screaming at us that they wanted our addresses and information because we shot "illegally" and we were the reasons that ducks stay west and don't come out east (no, not even close lol) nevermind the fact that it is illegal to have a loaded gun with a boat motor running and an offense to start an altercation with a firearm present punishable in new York to have all gun rights stripped, they felt the need to "police"us for shooting legally. They took down the boat number claiming that they will get our information that way (uhm, no. That's like saying I'll read your license plate and find out about your background) and held us up so long it was too dark to find the bird. The next day we had real high tides so I Atleast feel a little better that if a fox didn't get to it, it was washed away most likely for the sea animals to use and consume.

Archived