SaltCritters.com

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

Thanks jack.

Sounds like these polyps to the tee. That big cluster is just something I got from the local fish store. They are almost a match for I believe fruit loops(?) but the skirt doesn't match up. They grow decently fast, I actually want to start fragging few pieces off. I wish my stores in my area did trade ins.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I've been using them both to describe the coral. Figured someone would eventually correct me.

It also explains why it is bothering the zoas. Goniopora are very aggressive, definitely want to move it (especially if the tips of the polyps look white - that means it is getting ready for the kill :o)

Yup. Tips are a whitish color. The one zoanthid is actually bending away from it. It's amazing that things without a brain to control thoughts can still act upon stimuli. I been painting at work all day now so I'm gonna wash up with some reefsuds when I get home and move it over.

Thanks jack.

Sounds like these polyps to the tee. That big cluster is just something I got from the local fish store. They are almost a match for I believe fruit loops(?) but the skirt doesn't match up. They grow decently fast, I actually want to start fragging few pieces off. I wish my stores in my area did trade ins.

When you're fragging I'll take a few and a green Yuma baby!

Okay. Goni switched around with the monti. Spare candy cane skeleton brought to the front of the tank for fragging, brown polyps put where the skeleton was, and acans moved to where the brown plays were. Pictures tomorrow if everything isn't pissed off. I think it looks a bit better.

Nope. I was taking down the cabana in the rain before the big storm hits and got to a corner with a big ass spider in it. Now I'm sitting on the couch waiting for my box.

So today is a good day. Just picked up a huge head of acan with a nice yellow ring on it, a ricordea, and a small encrusting monti frag with a blue base with green spots and brownish red mouths. Idk what type it is but it is purty. Also, what makes it an actual good day instead of a day of dropping too much money is that I just saw the flaming prawn goby. :). She's still alive and kicking and just the best hide and seek player of all time.

I'll take pics of it when it's all acclimated. My yellow lens from my range glasses makes a pretty good filter and the light looks pure white

Awesome news about the goby :happydance:. I'm on the lookout for a pink acan. I'm not searching but if I come across one, it's mine :). I love your red acan colony!!!!

Awesome news about the goby :happydance:. I'm on the lookout for a pink acan. I'm not searching but if I come across one, it's mine :). I love your red acan colony!!!!

Thanks. :). I'll let you know if I see anything pink. I don't think ive ever seen one before. Those red ones are from Glenn.

those zoanthids in the lower left side of the tank i thought their skirts were disappearing. a closer look seems like they are just changing from a yellowish green to the same bluish color the outside face portion is. pretty cool. I also lost a zoanthid frag. it dislodged from the glue and floated away. branching monti for some reason has multiple spots with flesh gone even though the acro and other monti are doing great.

ricordea are dropping babies like crazy. hopefully this is a good mushroom tank for when I get kyles jawbreaker. :wub: just changed out the water and the orange one dropped its 3rd baby and the green one looks like it is in the process of another. :)

ricordea are dropping babies like crazy. hopefully this is a good mushroom tank for when I get kyles jawbreaker. :wub: just changed out the water and the orange one dropped its 3rd baby and the green one looks like it is in the process of another. :)

I love rics....but they hate me. I had a dozen or so nice ones in my BC29 under the PC lights.....did great. Still have a few that are now all shrunken up.

Nice job.

Got a place picked out for it yet?

21858005830_da50debcf5.jpg

Since I started this tank I had a place I would want it. Hopefully little Kyle, er, Kevin likes it there.

Yes I'm naming the mushroom after you.

YES I DO, KEVIN!!

It doesn't like AIDS...

Since I started this tank I had a place I would want it. Hopefully little Kyle, er, Kevin likes it there.

Yes I'm naming the mushroom after you.

:lol: I'm honored

laying in bed. think im coming down with something.

Ya...my little one had something...turned into a cough. None of us have slept more than a few hours for the past few nights due to her coughing....that only happens at night. Now I feel some sort of head cold happening.

Hope you feel better quick!

Ya...my little one had something...turned into a cough. None of us have slept more than a few hours for the past few nights due to her coughing....that only happens at night. Now I feel some sort of head cold happening.

Hope you feel better quick!

thanks. make that little booger of yours use an extra pillow or two if its only when shes laying down.

where is martha when you need her?

thanks. make that little booger of yours use an extra pillow or two if its only when shes laying down.

where is martha when you need her?

Check you out with the home doctor advice. ...your ready to be a Daddy, patty!

You off tomorrow?

Check you out with the home doctor advice. ...your ready to be a Daddy, patty!

You off tomorrow?

im off today and tomorrow but need to do wedding stuff so basically i feel like i have no days off. we looked at a place today that is attatched to a large aquarium which was awesome with an awesome 2 hour tour, but the scenery is tacky as #### for a wedding.

also, i had some pictures for this thread but unfortunately my 1000 dollar phone decided to become a piece of shit again and i cant register any typing on it of any kind unless i bend my phone backwards. piece of shit, i will never buy another apple phone.

Archived