ReefCleaners.org

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

lmao. dave is just the type of guy to try to pick it up barehanded.

little kevin is all yellow still and actually has a small section that is still yellow but sort of see through

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmao. dave is just the type of guy to try to pick it up barehanded.

little kevin is all yellow still and actually has a small section that is still yellow but sort of see through

Mine as well....but no see through. And I think I'm starting to see little red dots on mine.....or it could be wishful thinking.

my brother showed me today a 8" mantis shrimp he raked up in a clam rake. He said he gets them pretty often in one area and just now decided to tell me about it. The thing was awesome and I had Erin take pictures and text them to me but my phone still sucks and doesnt seem to want to respond now.

holy crap! Imagine stepping on one of those? It could take your foot off! I didn't realize they lived in colder waters too!

Holy huge mantis shrimp!!!!!

I'm never going clamming again! #### that shit!

holy crap! Imagine stepping on one of those? It could take your foot off! I didn't realize they lived in colder waters too!

Holy huge mantis shrimp!!!!!

I'm never going clamming again! #### that shit!

hahaha! yeah, they are basically everywhere. i forget which town he was saying, but one of them is basically infested with these.

Mine as well....but no see through. And I think I'm starting to see little red dots on mine.....or it could be wishful thinking.

I thought I saw some red spots on mine but it was definitely wishful thinking. It is noticeably bigger though so hopefullly it pushes out some color soon. :)

Question, do jawbreakers get full grown and then produce color or is it sort of whenever it happens, it happens, regardless of size?

hahaha! yeah, they are basically everywhere. i forget which town he was saying, but one of them is basically infested with these.

Good god! that's crazy! I wonder if you can eat them! They look like they'd taste like lobster :)

I thought I saw some red spots on mine but it was definitely wishful thinking. It is noticeably bigger though so hopefullly it pushes out some color soon. :)

Question, do jawbreakers get full grown and then produce color or is it sort of whenever it happens, it happens, regardless of size?

Not sure....I think they develop it whenever the F they want...usually as an adult. You should ask LuLu. Or, Big Kevin could probably tell you....as he has like 20 babies all from Little Kevins mama.

Big Kevin developed color along the way, but by no means got "full grown" (if that's even a thing) before getting green. It first split a baby out while just yellow/red then at some point a small green speck showed up and has just grown with the mushroom. I think it's just a whenever it happens kinda thing

I hope to get as many babies as he does out of this guy. Id gladly let them take over the entire front of the tank.

Or share one with me :flower:

This is my first time using imgur so hopefully these show up. My phone wont let me access my photobucket app for whatever reason, so I had to email these to myself and pull them up on the computer.

vMIuKjU.jpg

7giyfyY.jpg

is this a spearing or clubbing mantis shrimp?

is this a spearing or clubbing mantis shrimp?

Clubs. Found on Long Island in clambeds.

Or share one with me :flower:

How could I not share with you?

Clubs. Found on Long Island in clambeds.

How could I not share with you?

can you give me a nice shot of this guys side,

And then a picture of his face

can you give me a nice shot of this guys side,And then a picture of his face

unfortunatly he is back in the deep blue abyss. I may have one closer of his head.

unfortunatly he is back in the deep blue abyss. I may have one closer of his head.

awwwww, the thing about mantises, they can be real Devils to identify, the reason is because seemingly small differences can determine completely different families of these animals.

The tank is basically the same and pictures suck, but just as an update the new montipora grew like half an inch in what seems like over night. It is almost completely encrusted over the plug.

right here handsome. :)

Thinking of getting another small fish, maybe a ycg.

Oh, well hello there stranger!

Get a tail spot blenny.....I think I'm gonna grab one for the cube. Little guys crack me up.

I heard the aliens (no, not sancho......the space traveling type) came back.

lmao. I was thinking of them the other night and oddly enough, the next thing I knew, I was driving into work the following morning.

lmao. I was thinking of them the other night and oddly enough, the next thing I knew, I was driving into work the following morning.

Sancho?

Or the little green guys?

Oh, well hello there stranger!

Get a tail spot blenny.....I think I'm gonna grab one for the cube. Little guys crack me up.

you dont think they need a bigger tank than what i got?

btw, im doing a water change tonight if i dont get too shitty... screaping the walls hopefully tomorrow, so i should get a fts up soon hopefully

Sancho?

Or the little green guys?

they prefer native-martians.

idk why sancho insists on being called that.

Archived