inTank Media Baskets

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

This is a sign. Friends don't let friends buy sexy shrimp.

Unless you're buying them with the sole intention to squish them upon arrival and save yourself from them demonstrating how they're not reef safe and having to catch them to end up squishing them.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a sign. Friends don't let friends buy sexy shrimp.

Unless you're buying them with the sole intention to squish them upon arrival and save yourself from them demonstrating how they're not reef safe and having to catch them to end up squishing them.

:o I don't think I could squish them. I wouldn't have the heart.

:o I don't think I could squish them. I wouldn't have the heart.

When you watch them snack on a few hundred bucks worth of corals (not just zoa skirts), you'd probably change your mind on that. Felt great, and fish got a great snack :)

When you watch them snack on a few hundred bucks worth of corals (not just zoa skirts), you'd probably change your mind on that. Felt great, and fish got a great snack :)

Probably, I think I'll just refrain from buying any. :)

I could never find sexies locally until I got a bunch via mail order. Now I see them every time I go to the lfs :)

they used to practically fall out of the tanks in this store a year ago. Now they are like gold.

But they are so darn cute. I almost got a tiny cleaner shrimp today but didn't want any big shrimp in this tank. I would also like some anemone shrimp like a yellow line or something.

When I had my sexier, one was an issue. He was fed to the mantis I believe. Idk I fed it to something.... Not all are bad ime.

Probably, I think I'll just refrain from buying any. :)

Best plan :)

they used to practically fall out of the tanks in this store a year ago. Now they are like gold.

But they are so darn cute. I almost got a tiny cleaner shrimp today but didn't want any big shrimp in this tank. I would also like some anemone shrimp like a yellow line or something.

When I had my sexier, one was an issue. He was fed to the mantis I believe. Idk I fed it to something.... Not all are bad ime.

After having nearly 18 of them, some Caribbean collected and some Indo-pacific, I've observed every one of them hang out in one specific spot in the tank and then mysteriously have certain corals in that area start to do poorly and recede, polyps missing, zoa skirts, etc, and finally figured it out. No more sexies and those problems stopped :)

I would definitely recommend any other species of anemone shrimp. Porcelain nem crabs are also super cool. :)

Almost went to the expensive fish store today but I was still in my work uniform and just wanted to nap.

Ive been vaping in my room and have had no adverse reactions in my coral due to it, but I just had to drag a few paper towels across the top of my tank.There was a nice thick oil residue left on the water surface. Hopefully it didnt affect gas exchange too much, I don't own any test kits other than my salinity refractometer.

Acro seems to be coloring back up a bit. I've been feeding a bit more also.

On a side note I began stripping off the cosmoline stained finish on my mosin nagant. I can't decide on whether I want a blonde or red finish.

Gallon water change today which means I left about half a gallon in the tank still. I will need to do another full change probably in a few days. I also got rid of some frag plugs, put the candy cane coral in a place, and moved around some ricordea. I have a small mouth of an orange one that left its foot and a small green one that left its foot, so I cut them out with some snips and swapped them away from the mothers so i have some color difference on the rocks when they grow out.

Quick and dirty fts

956CB615-F1E1-4E61-90B8-637E3EE0C73A.jpg

Also, the dead skeleton I ripped off of the cc frag has about 6 or 7 heads the size of pencil tips all over. Threw it in the back in low flow and light to see if they grow.

And gold mauls have 3 new polyps. :happydance:

Went to 2 lfs and didn't get anything. Saw some yellow jackets and a really bright morph of Rastas but they were for grow out only and they said to check back soon. They wanted a pretty penny for stuff too so idk if I would be willing to put down that much cash on 1 frag.

Also spent an hour and a half sanding 1 of 4 or 5 grits and only got 1/2 way through. Hopefully this will come out good.

941E2104-8DF6-4CE3-BFF2-ED3A88D9FC40.jpg

That top piece was scraped with a knife already and quickly went over with 120 grit to knock down an extra thick polished finish.

Also as a bonus, erin wants a big tank when we buy our first house. She apparently loves tangs and anthias' and is upset I can't keep them.

941E2104-8DF6-4CE3-BFF2-ED3A88D9FC40.jpg

This must be referring to what you are working on in the photo? "On a side note I began stripping off the cosmoline stained finish on my mosin nagant. I can't decide on whether I want a blonde or red finish." I vote blonde ;).

Your pico sure is growing nicely :).

This must be referring to what you are working on in the photo? "On a side note I began stripping off the cosmoline stained finish on my mosin nagant. I can't decide on whether I want a blonde or red finish." I vote blonde ;).Your pico sure is growing nicely :).

Thanks. :). I can't wait to get a few more key pieces.

And yup. It is ending up being a much bigger project than I thought but I barely ever shoot it to begin with, so I have a while to get it nice and clean. I decided to go with a nice red color with maybe a little coffee color.

There's too many stains deep deep in the grain where it was always held to go blonde.

thanks jack! You just getting off work?

Nope....just starting. 6+ hour round trip to pick up equipment, sleep for 3 or 4 hours and go for another 14. Same on Tuesday. Taking Wednesday and Thursday off.....I hope. You at home?

At Erin's right now. I'm off tomorrow too. :). Have fun working like a slave jacky.

Thanks, patty.

Enjoy that time off and wish E sweet dreams for me :^ )

Any word from Bucket Dave lately?

Thanks, patty.

Enjoy that time off and wish E sweet dreams for me :^ )

Any word from Bucket Dave lately?

brother is making 500 a day clamming with him right now. Lucky sob.

How does one "clam"?

where they are right now if I am thinking of the right spot, with a 120' aluminum pole and a big old 40 foot rake.

Tooth*. Not foot.

How does one "clam"?

I'm surprised someone has to explain that to you. You have kids.

;)

Not my picture. From Glenn's post on Facebook.

B5BABF23-91B9-44A9-8136-A775FC67CFB1.jpg

Since it's impossible for me to get a good picture this is what one of the frags from Glenn looks like. The cga insano or something like that. I love these. They are definitely my favorite!

Not my picture. From Glenn's post on Facebook. B5BABF23-91B9-44A9-8136-A775FC67CFB1.jpg

Since it's impossible for me to get a good picture this is what one of the frags from Glenn looks like. The cga insano or something like that. I love these. They are definitely my favorite!

I have those they are super bright.

I'm surprised someone has to explain that to you. You have kids.

;)

True......but Bucket Dave is bringing in wild caught. Thought techniques may be different.

Archived