SaltCritters.com

Pico rebuild- nano box edition

patback

I left a gallon of distilled water on the frame of my bed touching my mattress and some how a small pinhole at the bottom formed. Mattress soaked up every last drop. Thank god it retained it, all the electronics to my tank are under my bed to be out of sight. But now I'm sleeping on a soggy mattress.

Obligatory update complete.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I left a gallon of distilled water on the frame of my bed touching my mattress and some how a small pinhole at the bottom formed. Mattress soaked up every last drop. Thank god it retained it, all the electronics to my tank are under my bed to be out of sight. But now I'm sleeping on a soggy mattress.

Obligatory update complete.

:rolleyes: Right.

I know why you have a soggy mattress.....and it wasn't distilled water.

:rolleyes: Right.

I know why you have a soggy mattress.....and it wasn't distilled water.

true love is sleeping in the wet spot so that they don't have to.

true love is sleeping in the wet spot so that they don't have to.

Hahaha, love is when THEY scootch over to make sure the wet spot is on YOUR side, so they don't have to sleep in it.

Sps still kickin. :ninja: still happening.

Also finally found a website that sells the air max 90s essentials that aren't children's sizes or 12 different colors. Ordered 2 black/black/black pairs. :)

Sps still kickin. :ninja: still happening. Also finally found a website that sells the air max 90s essentials that aren't children's sizes or 12 different colors. Ordered 2 black/black/black pairs. :)

link?

link?

Jimmyjazz.com look up coupon codes, I got 50 dollars off by using some back to school promotion and spending over 200.

Tank looks good and that acro looks great! I've had an MP-10 in my 4g but I never ran it above 3 :D

I eventually figured out that I already had enough flow with just the return pump and I was able to take it out. I just didn't like how much room it took up. I haven't tried an acro in mine, though. Maybe once the new acros I got from Zia start taking off in my 10g, I'll try putting a little frag in and see how it does.

Thanks. The acro was a spur of the moment purchase. I saw so many nice colonies in the lfs's tanks and kept saying how I wish I still had a bigger tank because I loved all of them. Then this one was all by itself on the bottom of the tank and just noticeably brighter than all the rest. I told the guy that regardless whether or not he had the prawn goby, I wanted that "frag". He actually said "finally, I can't believe that thing hasn't gone yet, it is the first one I would have bought too"

That being said, I actually think multiple times through the day about whether or not it's doing well. Lol. It still has flesh, so I am happy.

Holy shit, this little booger really blends in. He decided to sleep in a small hole in the rock work tonight instead of under his usual rock.

Can anybody actually find him in the picture?

819D9A92-9B1F-4164-AFB4-1ECBC9A02915.jpg[/url

That hole is to the left of that ricordea. This fish is teensy. Like jacks secretary hands.

2084738E-A589-4D4A-B623-0E87216EE4D1.jpg

Tomorrow I go for a 4th time looking for sexy shrimp and also to pick up some small frozen foods and some carbon with those small mesh bags.

Tomorrow I go for a 4th time looking for sexy shrimp and also to pick up some small frozen foods and some carbon with those small mesh bags.

Could you fit a tiny (they're like 1.5") bag of Chemi Pure Blue Nano instead? That stuff is pretty awesome.

GL on the sexy shrimp. I would love some for my nems but my wrasse would probably much on the expensive little boogers

Could you fit a tiny (they're like 1.5") bag of Chemi Pure Blue Nano instead? That stuff is pretty awesome.

GL on the sexy shrimp. I would love some for my nems but my wrasse would probably much on the expensive little boogers

I'm only looking to keep it in for a day or so after a water change. I may decide to run one longer after I see how coral do when this little tank gets a bit fuller, but for now just something to take the "stang" out of the slime coats when they are all in the air will do. Im doing basically 90% water changes per week so I'm not too worried on water quality.

Still no ####ing sexy shrimp!!

I'm about to just pay the ridiculous shipping costs and double the price per shrimp to get them from live aquaria or something.

In other news, I picked up some nassarius snails and an all black feather duster. The guy said they get them in all the time but I have never see. An all black one before. Pics later on.

Still no ####### sexy shrimp!!

I'm about to just pay the ridiculous shipping costs and double the price per shrimp to get them from live aquaria or something.

In other news, I picked up some nassarius snails and an all black feather duster. The guy said they get them in all the time but I have never see. An all black one before. Pics later on.

Can't wait buddy! :)

Holy crap, talk about the worlds worst water change. Everything from losing my dirty water bucket and needing to use a putrid baitfish bucket, to not rinsing carbon enough and getting black flakes all over the now clean water, to dumping about 2 gallons of water all over my electronics to my fish tank..... I better not have killed anything/anyone.

For now here is a cellphone shot during the peak of my daylight.

340BC151-E4B3-4C41-9C92-F6DA8E1FE257.jpg

Looking awesome!

For the record, I might see the goby in that other photo. Just his stripe :).

Looking awesome!For the record, I might see the goby in that other photo. Just his stripe :).

every time I see him I try to get a picture for you but he is always lurking in the shadows. Lol.

every time I see him I try to get a picture for you but he is always lurking in the shadows. Lol.

Well thanks for trying :flower:.

When I looked again after posting, I saw his little face :).

Well thanks for trying :flower:.When I looked again after posting, I saw his little face :).

i can't see him in there. :D

Finally got a decent picture. I love the purplish black.

E4C2661C-03EE-4549-90CA-EEAF5396B20A.jpg

got a few frags from glenn today. everything looks amazing and i think i fell in love with one zoa in particular. it looks like a mutated morph everything is 99% open but am still playing around with my camera to try to get halfway decent pictures. i will be posting some pics up and making an official review on CGA also in vendors feedback, but in the meantime, the few of you following this thread, im highly recommending that you go on glenns facebook or message him about making a purchase. i think this is probably my 4th-ish time ordering from him and every single time i was blown away with his customer service, price, and quality of all his corals.

Archived