Innovative Marine Aquariums

Surprise Attack! Trying Something New!

Marc.The.Shark

Marc.The.Shark

How's the build coming along?

Bout the same. I did move the cylinder so that I didn't have to dismantle it right away, but gonna b working a lot the next couple weeks, then vaca to Scottsdale for a week, so pushing it out till after that, mid March.

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

Vaca- in Scottsdale, sounds nice! It's in the 60's all this week here so I am stoked

Nice weather for your neck of the woods! Yeah, my sis bought some big ass house I need to check out! Waterfall pool with a grotto! Just call me Hef! Plus my brother lives there too, so I'll go fishing with him, haven't seen him in a couple years since our Alaska fishing trip!
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Marc.The.Shark

Making progress slow but sure. Relocated the Cylinder Tank out of the nook next to the fireplace and moved the new stand and tank in. Pretty good fit, with a little room on either side in case I need to access the back. Note my son's dinosaur standing guard! Lol

image_12.jpeg

Received my screen top from 'cromag08'. He did an awesome job! Can't even see it till you walk right up on the tank. Was gonna go open top, till I told my wife snails may/will come out & possible occassional fish jump...."Cover It!" Lol

image_10.jpeg

Working on the particulars in the stand. Notice the Oceanbox ATO container, fits like a glove between sump and Doser shelf. Thanks again Phuong, exactly what I envisioned.

image_9.jpeg

Still gonna be a while before water, but again, I'm in no hurry. This build is gonna be a year in the making yet! Lol. Started it in the summertime. I have my current tank running, so making sure this one is exactly how I want, or close to it.

• Like 6
Marc.The.Shark

I love a nice sump set up, you really knocked it out the park. Great job! I also like that smiz lid.

Thanks a lot, it's definately coming together. My current sump setup is cramped & hard as hell for me to get in there. Making sure I correct those issues. Lol.

Also, got the lid from cromag08 not smiz, although smiz does excellent work too.

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

:blush: thanks

Does that drawer pull out?

Nope, I took it out & installed hinges. Gives me better access to inside of cabinet & dosing pump. I'm going to mount my various controllers (Apex, DC pump, & mp10 if needed) across the inside face, then when I pull it down everything will be right there.

image.jpg4_1.jpg

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

Those are wire concealers to run all my cords thru, i took out the rails! Lol. They run across the back too....cord management! Hahaha. OCD.

• Like 2
Marc.The.Shark

Coming together great Marc! Are you going bare bottom?

Nope, I lika the sand! Lol. I bought some Mesoflakes to use, seems like everyone that uses Reef Flakes loves them, so gonna give em a try, but wanted the smaller grain size.

• Like 1

Nope, I lika the sand! Lol. I bought some Mesoflakes to use, seems like everyone that uses Reef Flakes loves them, so gonna give em a try, but wanted the smaller grain size.

Good, cause I hate bare bottom too...I actually like Fiji Pink a lot, not too fine and not too coarse. Fine sand is almost impossible to vacuum without sucking them out unless you are planning on not to.

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

Good, cause I hate bare bottom too...I actually like Fiji Pink a lot, not too fine and not too coarse. Fine sand is almost impossible to vacuum without sucking them out unless you are planning on not to.

Yeah, I'll be doing routine vacuum of the sand bed in this tank. My current tank, never have touched the sand bed cause it's pretty inaccessible & I have coral there. Going for no coral (or very minimal) on the sand bed in the new tank, want to keep a cleaner look.

• 2 weeks later...
Marc.The.Shark

Got the light hung, looks like it's just floating there with the projector bracket that I used. I had it up around 10" off the top of the tank after talking to Jedi & Dave F., but it just didn't flow well, looked out of place kinda, so I dropped it 3" and it looks way better. Of course now I have to fill 2 holes in my wall from the top bracket mount, lol. Plugged it in & everything works fine, but it was thouroughly tested before I got to this point. I'll post some pics later of it lit up, but 4 of Dave's arrays should be plenty to bake anything I want!!

image_11.jpeg

Edit...here's a quick shot with the light on, haven't had time to play with the Bluefish & won't do any good till I get water in the tank anyway.

image_13.jpeg

• Like 7
Marc.The.Shark

Sessy!!

Thanx Kat. Coming along slow but sure! Prob only a couple more months b4 water @ the rate I'm going! Lol

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

Sweeeet! Let's fill this baby up with acros

Yeah, definitely more sticks in this baby! I have the doser now, so no more Alk/ATO & manual Ca dosing! lol. Think I'm gonna have to rethink the center rock structure tho, getting a little close to the surface, no room to grow. Was trying to cover the drains some. My design on the drains was from when I was going to have rock out of the water & they wouldn't be visible. Wife put the Kibosh on that & I had to get a cover! hahaha, soon as I told her snails will crawl out it was over!!!

• Like 1

Awesome update! 4 nanobox arrays :haha:

Liking the light hanging bracket and I love that cover! I'd like to get one but they're a bit expensive.

LMK when you need some chaeto for that sumpty

• Like 1

That is incredibly smexy. your patience is inspiring. I may have to consider following your footsteps one day, if I ever get room to have a much larger smexy tank such as this. you overall ideas, design and execution is brilliant.