Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Yours may be ok. We never planned ours...just grew from compost. All of outs grew way to early and are already done....plis, Charlie broke into the garden and feasted for a day on squash, strawberries, my pepper plants and the last pumpkin. He was soooo fat I almost had to roll him back to his pen.

I forgot to plant them this year......my girls loved them last year......giant flowers.

OMG. The Charlie story made my day! You need to post more photos of Charlie. I :wub: him!

• Like 2

Since Jack doesn't mind random photos in his thread :lol:

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-13%20at%204.55.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-13%20at%204.55.5

We have to trim back some of the pumpkin and the squash. I guess I could squeeze a sunflower or two in the back left LOL.

• Like 7

Thank you :). You can't tell by the photo but it's like 100 degrees out there :wacko:.

That is just way too hot. You guys don't normally get weather like that, do you?

• Like 1

That is just way too hot. You guys don't normally get weather like that, do you?

Actually, yes we do. Especially this time of year. Seems it always heats up when the kids go back to school!

• Like 2

Last year I grew a bunch of different kinds of green beans, along with peppers, tomatoes, egg plants, zucchini, bird house gourds (that I did nothing with and still have them drying in the garage and about every other week Jeff asks me if he can throw them out and of course I say no because, well, who knows). I didn't plant anything this year, but we have some renegade tomatoes, the blueberry bushes, strawberries and that's about it!

• Like 3

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-13%20at%204.55.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-13%20at%204.55.5

We have to trim back some of the pumpkin and the squash. I guess I could squeeze a sunflower or two in the back left LOL.

That looks awesome, G! I had no idea you had that much room back there.....is that where the trampoline was?

Don't think we'll do squash next year....take up so much room. I dug the little mini pumpkins though, super cool.

Last year I grew a bunch of different kinds of green beans, along with peppers, tomatoes, egg plants, zucchini, bird house gourds (that I did nothing with and still have them drying in the garage and about every other week Jeff asks me if he can throw them out and of course I say no because, well, who knows). I didn't plant anything this year, but we have some renegade tomatoes, the blueberry bushes, strawberries and that's about it!

Minus the peppers....everything we had was "renegade".

Blueberry sounds great.....my girls could eat basket after basket of blueberries.

Made it home....only 80's here :^ )

Pickles went to the vet today.....she's had a limp. Staying the night and had blood work and now xrays tomorrow. Should have just thrown her in the crockpot.

• Like 4

That looks awesome, G! I had no idea you had that much room back there.....is that where the trampoline was?

Don't think we'll do squash next year....take up so much room. I dug the little mini pumpkins though, super cool.

Blueberry sounds great.....my girls could eat basket after basket of blueberries.

You should plant some! They're actually really pretty bushes when they grow in. You just need to put some muslin or something over them when the berries start to grow otherwise you'll feed the birds (but they'll love you for it).

I'm glad it is cooler there for you. 110 is ####ing nuts.

• Like 1

Yep, it's exactly where the trampoline was. Takes up just as much room. But way more useful :). I love the squash. But the pumpkins are my favorite! The tomatoes aren't doing squat...planted too late. I do have some green ones on there but last year my plants were humongous...to the top of that trellis. This year is a disappointment with tomatoes.

Blueberries are a midwest thing. Isn't Michigan famous for blueberries? I remember going blueberry picking in the fall (or late summer?) with my parents. I had blueberries on my waffles this morning :).

So only 80s? Must be nice!

• Like 2

And yeah, I'm with you on the squash. It takes up way too much room and seems to always get that powdery mildew crap which drives me nuts. I refuse to use pesticides so I end up with squash beetles half the time and try keeping up with picking them off, but get sick of it, oh about 2 hours into the first session.

Yep, it's exactly where the trampoline was. Takes up just as much room. But way more useful :). I love the squash. But the pumpkins are my favorite! The tomatoes aren't doing squat...planted too late. I do have some green ones on there but last year my plants were humongous...to the top of that trellis. This year is a disappointment with tomatoes.

Blueberries are a midwest thing. Isn't Michigan famous for blueberries? I remember going blueberry picking in the fall (or late summer?) with my parents. I had blueberries on my waffles this morning :).

Cherries are a Michigan thing for sure! Didn't notice blueberries being a Michigan thing when we lived out there.

• Like 2

And yeah, I'm with you on the squash. It takes up way too much room and seems to always get that powdery mildew crap which drives me nuts. I refuse to use pesticides so I end up with squash beetles half the time and try keeping up with picking them off, but get sick of it, oh about 2 hours into the first session.

Cherries are a Michigan thing for sure! Didn't notice blueberries being a Michigan thing when we lived out there.

My squash has been pest/mildew free fingerscrossed.

yeah, just looked it up. Michigan is the top producer of blueberries in the US but they can grow anywhere. Grow some blueberries Jack!

• Like 1

I'm glad it is cooler there for you. 110 is ####### nuts.

Me too!

Yes itnis....we have the ocean breeze keeping us cool.

I was in Compton all day. 90 with a breeze. Hit the 405 in the valley and it shot to 110. Up the 118 and it dropped to 100. Keep going towards the water and you find 80's with a breeze. :^ )

• Like 2

I love the ocean. Not sure I could ever live somewhere again without the ability to at least take a short drive to smell the salt air.

Jack! You should also plant asparagus beans next year. Your girls will love them. They're basically green beans, but grow 18" or longer. They're the craziest looking things.

• Like 1

I love the ocean. Not sure I could ever live somewhere again without the ability to at least take a short drive to smell the salt air.

Jack! You should also plant asparagus beans next year. Your girls will love them. They're basically green beans, but grow 18" or longer. They're the craziest looking things.

Are you ####ing with me? Sounds like something in the Urban Dictionary.

• Like 3

Are you ####### with me? Sounds like something in the Urban Dictionary.

No, totally not ####ing with you! they're insane. They taste good too.

I had a bunch that were 2.5 feet long, no joke. I need to go find some photos.

They taste better if you pick them BEFORE they get to 2.5 feet :) They also grow like crazy, so you need a trellis to grow them up.

http://www.burpee.com/vegetables/beans/snap/bean-asparagus-yardlong-prod000575.html

• Like 1

LOL, look who's talking Daddy Warbucks.....you have me confused with harold.

:lol:

Yep. Next week should be 16 - 18 hour days. I wish I had a helper.

i can be in Ventura in 2 1/2 hours what do you pay :)

• Like 1

My grandfathers back yard is similar. it is sad he is getting to the point that he cant take care of it anymore. He has a green thumb and can grow anything. My kids love it there...we always come home with bags of fresh produce.

• Like 3

True story, and as such I'll just leave this here. :)

zero%252520gravity.gif

God bless Americaaaaaaaaaa!

:lol:

i can be in Ventura in 2 1/2 hours what do you pay :)

Blow, booze and burroitos.

.....I have to make my way towards San Diego in the next month or so........

• Like 3

What ended up being wrong wth her? Other than not having a side of sour cream.

I've been mixing meat tenderizer into her bottles of milk....getting her ready for burroitos. Turns out, you can't do that. So, antibiotics, bloodwork, steroids. ...ooof.

• Like 2