Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

jedimasterben

Gyre. Hopefully it's a keeper. Got the 130.

I've heard plenty of mixed reviews.....you still running yours?

Well, they've sold many thousands of them and have had a very small percentage of actual reported problems, so I think it's mostly blowhards around that were trying to give them a bad name. The 130 is on holding tub duty. I think it's on like 20% or so, tub is a round 24g one from Tractor Supply.

• Like 1

Well, they've sold many thousands of them and have had a very small percentage of actual reported problems, so I think it's mostly blowhards around that were trying to give them a bad name. The 130 is on holding tub duty. I think it's on like 20% or so, tub is a round 24g one from Tractor Supply.

Ya, figured. I waited awhile hoping any bugs would be worked out......

Oh, rock was supposed to ship out today.

Can't confirm that though. ......as I have no response or tracking number.

Gyre shipped!

The gyre is really awesome!
  • Like 1

Nice. My lfs carries the gyre now. Let me know what you think of it.

One thing I'm not crazy about.... And I know it's a 1 person show for Dave, but I really really wish there was an email or link that I could check up on my order number and see how far along it is. I hate not knowing! You've been waiting for that rock for a while now, haven't you?

• Like 3

When's the wedding?

I thought you guys would have worked that out already ;)

The Gyre is awesome. Your are running a bare bottom so you wont have the sandstorm issue. I tried one in my 34 it was way too much flow. I went back to the Jebaos.

• Like 5

Nice. My lfs carries the gyre now. Let me know what you think of it.

One thing I'm not crazy about.... And I know it's a 1 person show for Dave, but I really really wish there was an email or link that I could check up on my order number and see how far along it is. I hate not knowing! You've been waiting for that rock for a while now, haven't you?

You're in good hands with Dave.....as cool as a daily update app would be.

Ordered on the 17th with an advertised ship date of the 27th....had to finish curing. I can wait....as I usually move at a snails pace anyway. Lack of communication is what kills me. Maybe I'll awaken to an email. :^ )

I thought you guys would have worked that out already ;)The Gyre is awesome. Your are running a bare bottom so you wont have the sandstorm issue. I tried one in my 34 it was way too much flow. I went back to the Jebaos.

Patty won't move to CA. :^ (

Good to hear about the gyre. Was it quiet?

• Like 3

Are you running one?

I love the concept....and think it'll do well in the cube....

Nope lol still running that blue box mp10 lawn sold me a year ago. I like the idea a lot too. Badass.

I have some.stuff coming for Action Jackson tomorrow though

• Like 2

Nope lol still running that blue box mp10 lawn sold me a year ago. I like the idea a lot too. Badass.

I'm like... 79% sure life's purpose is to spend money on hobbies.
  • Like 4

Patty won't move to CA. :^ (

Good to hear about the gyre. Was it quiet?

:lol:

It wasnt dead silent. Less noise then the MPs. Slightly louder than my Jebaos but not noticeable unless you cranked it up. But I had a first gen that I was able to get from a wholesaler the day it came out. I think the ones out now are a second gen product and they have probably worked any bugs out. I could be wrong on that. I ran It for 2 days in my tank and and could not get it set to a sweet spot that didnt blow my sand all over the place. But the damn thing moves some water. If your planning on SPS it is defiantly the only power head you will need in the tank.

• Like 2

Jack you're waiting on a nanobox? Or do you already have one and I just never noticed

No....I'd love to try the hybrid.....actually was minutes away from putting my order in. The biggest drawback to me was needing 5 outlets dedicated to one light. The second limiting factor was that there is no rim mount for it.....Mrs Jack demanded a clean rim mounted light. I went Radion.

I'm waiting on rock....hoping for this Friday delivery.

You ever set yours up?

No....I'd love to try the hybrid.....actually was minutes away from putting my order in. The biggest drawback to me was needing 5 outlets dedicated to one light. The second limiting factor was that there is no rim mount for it.....Mrs Jack demanded a clean rim mounted light. I went Radion.

I'm waiting on rock....hoping for this Friday delivery.

You ever set yours up?

If by setup you mean I set it up to hold random junk in my office, then yes it's 100% functional! Haven't had the chance to drill holes into the ceiling yet. And not sure if the apartment complex will be too happy with me if I do so

• Like 1

:lol:

It wasnt dead silent. Less noise then the MPs. Slightly louder than my Jebaos but not noticeable unless you cranked it up. But I had a first gen that I was able to get from a wholesaler the day it came out. I think the ones out now are a second gen product and they have probably worked any bugs out. I could be wrong on that. I ran It for 2 days in my tank and and could not get it set to a sweet spot that didnt blow my sand all over the place. But the damn thing moves some water. If your planning on SPS it is defiantly the only power head you will need in the tank.

Good to hear...BB and LPS / Z and P and shrooms. Maybe a stout SPS of some kind.....

I'm like... 79% sure life's purpose is to spend money on hobbies.

If the hobbies make you happy, he'll ya! See, money can buy happiness.

Yep, still love my MP10.....I'll keep it for just in case reasons.

What's Action getting?

• Like 2

Good to hear...BB and LPS / Z and P and shrooms. Maybe a stout SPS of some kind.....

If the hobbies make you happy, he'll ya! See, money can buy happiness.

Yep, still love my MP10.....I'll keep it for just in case reasons.

What's Action getting?

He's got a water dropper that is magnetic to put in the cage for a constant water drip between me spraying the tank,I'm gonna cut a bamboo chute in half and let it drip into that and run it into the plants soil,and some chameleon supplement,and a higher wattage uvb bulb 26w 5.0,the 5.0 is for jungle lizards essentially,mimics the type of rays he would receive opposed to a 10.0 which is for desert dwellers. Gonna put an order for dubia roaches in this week too. When he's adult,I can give him anole, lizards and pinky mice occasionally,snails too
  • Like 1