Pod Your Reef

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Another blasto found its way into the car on my way home. ....

Wow. You went from wanting to tear the tank down to buying a new coral? You bounce back quick when you're on the ss blow with sancho.

• Like 3

Wow. You went from wanting to tear the tank down to buying a new coral? You bounce back quick when you're on the ss blow with sancho.

lmao!

• Like 1

:happydance:

Where from? Color?

Blasto20Orange20Close20Up208-23-16.jpg

Blasto20Orange20with20Blasto20Garden208-

Well, under the shop lights it looked like a crazy redish orange.

At home, all shrunken up it's glowing orange. I'm guessing....if it survives the dip process, I'm guessing it'll have more of a red tint....but really hoping it keeps the orange!

I think it was Ultra Gem? It's in Burbank!

PICS! You know we DEMAND them! :rant::rolleyes::P

Ask and Ye shall receive!

Oh, I'm still pretty sure I'm ripping this down.......but I've been looking for an orange blasto for EVER!

• Like 5

Blasto20Orange20Close20Up208-23-16.jpg

Blasto20Orange20with20Blasto20Garden208-

Well, under the shop lights it looked like a crazy redish orange.

At home, all shrunken up it's glowing orange. I'm guessing....if it survives the dip process, I'm guessing it'll have more of a red tint....but really hoping it keeps the orange!

I think it was Ultra Gem? It's in Burbank!

OMG...you finally went! They didn't have that color when I was there...I want it!!! LOL Did they have more? I'm house bound hopefully only one more day (cuz of painter) and then I am hitting them up :D.

• Like 2

OMG...you finally went! They didn't have that color when I was there...I want it!!! LOL Did they have more? I'm house bound hopefully only one more day (cuz of painter) and then I am hitting them up :D.

Ya, they have like 3 or 4 more. 2 nice plump ones and a couple hacked up pieces.

Go get one!

Nice blasto!!!

Thanks, stranger!

• Like 2

Just tear I down and build a 200 gallon..........you can have plenty blastos then ;)

I've been contemplating ripping this one down and dokng a small AIO........I want to get a smaller system....but I don't want to loose the water volume.....but I want a smaller system.......but I'll probably miss the larger footprint as soon as I do......but I want a smaller tank .....

• Like 2

I've been contemplating ripping this one down and dokng a small AIO........I want to get a smaller system....but I don't want to loose the water volume.....but I want a smaller system.......but I'll probably miss the larger footprint as soon as I do......but I want a smaller tank .....

Well said! I know exactly what you mean :lol:

• Like 2

Get a smaller tank ;). I loved my cube at first and then it was just too much. Too big. Smaller tanks are better! You won't miss the footprint....trust me! We like the same stuff so I should know :).

• Like 2

I will :). I'm gonna need a bigger blasto rock :).

Well, ya....they're blastos!

Trust me, we like the same things.......so, get more!

Get a smaller tank ;). I loved my cube at first and then it was just too much. Too big. Smaller tanks are better! You won't miss the footprint....trust me! We like the same stuff so I should know :).

LOL........but you're still sumped right?

• Like 2

Right?

But will I miss the sump?

Pretty sure I would.

But, my first reef....the BC29 freakin ran on auto pilot....so easy.

Thinking about 20 gallons with a 5 gallon or more ATO under the custom stand. Keep the Crapion and Gyre.....dump a few corals and let the rest grow out and fill the smaller area.

......but will I miss the water volume and height of the cube? !?!?

I'm torn.

• Like 2

Right?

But will I miss the sump?

Pretty sure I would.

But, my first reef....the BC29 freakin ran on auto pilot....so easy.

Thinking about 20 gallons with a 5 gallon or more ATO under the custom stand. Keep the Crapion and Gyre.....dump a few corals and let the rest grow out and fill the smaller area.

......but will I miss the water volume and height of the cube? !?!?

I'm torn.

Maybe you should just get a smaller tank and keep the bigger one to.......everyone needs more than one tank.......

• Like 3

Smaller :blink: are you ok ? you wont be able to fit anything it.....look at Teeny :lol:

Like I tell my wife........it's not the size that matters, nor quantity......it's quality of the package, Spectard!

• Like 2

Like I tell my wife........it's not the size that matters, nor quantity......it's quality of the package, Spectard!

Well that tank leaks and overflows so crappy quality right there :P

• Like 1

Maybe you should just get a smaller tank and keep the bigger one to.......everyone needs more than one tank.......

Lol, I carried in a small 10 gallon I use for quarantine and put it on a shelf. She said nothing, but I found it outside on the back porch when I returned from work. Apparently I can't be "Jackie Two Tanks" like I wanted.

:^ (

And really, I just want something super simple. Works been too crazy lately and all of the kid stuff and life in general........I wish I was old and semi retired like you, lawndart and yoga queen.

Well that tank leaks and overflows so crappy quality right there :P

Oh ya. ....right.

SOB, I should definitely downsize.

Thanks for putting it in perspective, grandpa.

• Like 4

Hey, teeny......the 9004.......anything you don't like about it?

Would you run it again if you had to do it over?

• Like 1