Top Shelf Aquatics

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

JavaJacketOC

What's up man?

Just working like a maniac, trying to find ways to make things grow in the waterbox...you know SSDD. Been down to OC lately?

• Like 1

Just working like a maniac, trying to find ways to make things grow in the waterbox...you know SSDD. Been down to OC lately?

Ya...a few times....super busy right now with no extra time to look around. I've tried stopping by that shop you mentioned....but their opening time is too damn late in the day....onenof these days though.

SSDD?

JavaJacketOC

Ya...a few times....super busy right now with no extra time to look around. I've tried stopping by that shop you mentioned....but their opening time is too damn late in the day....onenof these days though.

SSDD?

Yeah, I think he only opens at noon on Saturday or something. Two Guys Coral is close to Reef Lounge, lots of stuff to drool over if you're in Anaheim and have time. They're open from like 11-7 during the week.

Same Shit, Different Day

• Like 1

Yeah, I think he only opens at noon on Saturday or something. Two Guys Coral is close to Reef Lounge, lots of stuff to drool over if you're in Anaheim and have time. They're open from like 11-7 during the week.

Same Shit, Different Day

Cool.....I might be able to hit them up next week.

SSDD.....Yep, sums up my day to day.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Left a zip lock baggie unzipped on Mrs jacks buffet table thing........and forgot about the frozen reef gumbo I thawed for the tank. Went outside to paint.......came back in hours later to a stinky ####ing puddle dripping down into the silverware drawers and onto the floor.

F me.

Good thing Mrs Jack ain't home yet.

• Like 6

Hey stella.......how you liking your sump/ stand?

I love the sump! I hate the stand. For no reason other than I find it really hard to keep it organized since the sump takes up the whole thing.

how about you?

• Like 1

I love the sump! I hate the stand. For no reason other than I find it really hard to keep it organized since the sump takes up the whole thing.how about you?

Yep, same. Hate the damn stand. I think the sump could have a smaller footprint.....but over, the stand sucks. If I take a dry cloth to buff the glass, the whole thing wobbles.

• Like 1

Yep, same. Hate the damn stand. I think the sump could have a smaller footprint.....but over, the stand sucks. If I take a dry cloth to buff the glass, the whole thing wobbles.

The wobbling is no good!! mine doesn't wobble, I just don't like the looks of it and I don't like how hard it is to organize the damn cabinet. I'm thinking you need to do some reinforcing or build a new one :wacko:

• Like 1

The wobbling is no good!! mine doesn't wobble, I just don't like the looks of it and I don't like how hard it is to organize the damn cabinet. I'm thinking you need to do some reinforcing or build a new one :wacko:

Hmmmm, a new stand....

• Like 2

if you gonna go to that trouble may as well go new tank :)

Actually, I would. ...but I gave up the location of the 40...now I'm stuck with the corner spot. I could only go smaller :^ (

A new stand would be nice though....a necessity really.....if you think about it.

• Like 2

Actually, I would. ...but I gave up the location of the 40...now I'm stuck with the corner spot. I could only go smaller :^ (

A new stand would be nice though....a necessity really.....if you think about it.

Your right its necessity. At least thats what I tell my wife. Get your ass to the lumber store and get to work. :lol:

• Like 2

"Mrs jack, this stand is a little wobbly, I'm worried about the girls and yours safety. We will need a new one to ensure our family's welfare"-jack, 2016
  • Like 6

:lol: Can't you just reinforce it and skin it so you don't need to take the tank off the stand? Or is it too wobbly?

you need one of those old airstreams!

Or a new Airstream those things a pretty sweet. We would have one but have no place to store it and I dont think my little girl Ranger could pull it. Last time we went camping we rented a "cabin" in Big Sur. It was a bit to fancy to call it camping. Found a place that will rent you an Airstream they deliver and pick it up from the campground. Pretty sure were gonna do that this summer.

• Like 3