Pod Your Reef

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Oh my gosh! I bet that scared her. Everything ok in the tank or did she just miss hitting everything?

She probably liked it :lol:. No repeats today! She only got the kenya tree which has been toppled over all day today! But it will be fine :).

Is this a tank thread with cats, or a cat thread with occasional coral pics???

Hi, Evan :flower:.

Tank pictures on every new page :)

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-29%20at%201.04.0

My new favorite snail...

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-29%20at%201.05.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-29%20at%201.02.2

Moved the pink and turquoise merletti over to this rock with the other blastos.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-29%20at%201.03.1

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-29%20at%201.00.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-29%20at%201.00.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-29%20at%206.36.4

And in other fishy news....remember last year how I won that photo contest with Omega One for a feature in the 2015 calendar? Guess who did it again? :happydance:

I'll be featured in the 2016 calendar next year. Not sure which photo got it. I submitted one each of the clowns, the firefish, and Pinky. I think it was the clownfish photo though. Another year of free food. I didn't even use up this years food :lol:.

• Like 12

Ha! Way to go Gena! See, you talk about needing a better camera and then you have companies wanting to use your pics for advertising from your point and shoot!!!! I think you're fine!!! That's just awesome!.

• Like 2

And in other fishy news....remember last year how I won that photo contest with Omega One for a feature in the 2015 calendar? Guess who did it again? :happydance:

I'll be featured in the 2016 calendar next year. Not sure which photo got it. I submitted one each of the clowns, the firefish, and Pinky. I think it was the clownfish photo though. Another year of free food. I didn't even use up this years food :lol:.

Whoo-hoo! Congrats! :flower:

Alas, I didn't get an e-mail, so this must mean that none of my photos were selected.

• Like 1

Ha! Way to go Gena! See, you talk about needing a better camera and then you have companies wanting to use your pics for advertising from your point and shoot!!!! I think you're fine!!! That's just awesome!.

Thanks, Annette!!!!! My camera is actually a fancy one Canon T2i. But I just want a macro lens to get some nice closeups :). I DID get the extension tube set yesterday so I'll be playing around with that today :happydance:.

Whoo-hoo! Congrats! :flower:

Alas, I didn't get an e-mail, so this must mean that none of my photos were selected.

Thank you :flower:. Sorry they didn't contact you :(. If you want fish food, I can hook you up ;). I actually didn't even remember about the contest. The lady that runs it contacted me and said there were only a few days left in the contest and did I know about it and want to enter again LOL. I figured, what the heck, sure. Someone there, that does the judging, must like my photography :).

Looking forward to playing with the camera later today. Hopefully I can get some non-blurry closeups. I tried it out on the tank yesterday evening. Lights were super dim so I wasn't able to get any good shots. But man....I think it's going to be awesome! I can definitely get closer than I could before :D.

Happy Friday before Halloween :happydance:

This will be me tomorrow :)

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-30%20at%208.31.1

• Like 8

Thank you :flower:. Sorry they didn't contact you :(. If you want fish food, I can hook you up ;). I actually didn't even remember about the contest. The lady that runs it contacted me and said there were only a few days left in the contest and did I know about it and want to enter again LOL. I figured, what the heck, sure. Someone there, that does the judging, must like my photography :).

Actually, none of my fish eat fish food! They only like frozen. Spoiled fishies! I just entered the contest more for the cool factor of seeing one of my pictures in a calendar. I am such a nerd!

Yes, you must totally have a fanboy amongst the judges, but it is easy to see why. :D

• Like 1

Actually, none of my fish eat fish food! They only like frozen. Spoiled fishies! I just entered the contest more for the cool factor of seeing one of my pictures in a calendar. I am such a nerd!

Yes, you must totally have a fanboy amongst the judges, but it is easy to see why. :D

I'm the same. Could care less about the food. Just neat to see your photo in a calendar :).

First attempt with the new extension kit. Still needs work :blush:. I'll keep trying. I think I need to have the flow off so maybe the next time I try is when I do my water change on Wednesday next week :D.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-30%20at%201.24.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-30%20at%201.23.1

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-30%20at%201.17.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-30%20at%201.18.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-30%20at%201.18.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-30%20at%201.16.5

• Like 10

Awww...thanks you guys! Next Wednesday I'll try again with the flow off and see if it makes a difference. I'm thinking it will :D.

Just sitting around right now (in "fierce" mode LOL) waiting for the little trick or treaters to show up!!!!

Happy Halloween :happydance:

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-31%20at%205.03.0

• Like 10

Heh...I meant that the best way possible!

It's appreciated :).

I have a big bowl of kit kats, reese's peanut butter cups, twizzlers, and junior mints sitting next to me. Just waiting for the doorbell to ring :D.

• Like 1

It's appreciated :).

I have a big bowl of kit kats, reese's peanut butter cups, twizzlers, and junior mints sitting next to me. Just waiting for the doorbell to ring :D.

Enjoy the little ghouls and goblins!

• Like 1

LOL I'm just sitting at home surfing nano reef and watching the mummy. #nocostume

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice! I want to watch Scream when we get back. We're going to walk down to Starbuck's in a sec. :)

Did you cut your hair? I thought it was longer but maybe not :)

Enjoy the little ghouls and goblins!

Oh....I did. VERY much!!!! Lots of fun :D.

You look so adorable Gina! great make-up job!

Thanks, Annette :).

We had about the same number as last year. Well, actually less because I closed up shop at 8pm LOL. There was a lull and we want to walk down to Starbuck's before they close. Had to feed the geckos first and now I'm eating a little something. Should be fun walking down there and seeing all the costumes.

I don't feel bad closing up shop early this year because it's always the older kids at this hour anyways :).

Oh...here are the pumpkins we carved this afternoon. I did the kitty...of course :happy:. My husband did the traditional Jack-o-lantern :D.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-31%20at%208.20.3

Hope those of you that did the candy thing had a successful night and gave away all the candy so you don't eat it yourself ;). I have some leftover but it's going to work with my husband on Monday!

• Like 4

So how many kids showed up? We only have a few pieces of candy left. Probably for the better...haha.

Oh gosh...I'm bad at estimating. My husband says 100 :). I say somewhere between 50 and 100. It seemed like the perfect amount. So how did it go at your new place???? Did you have a lot of kids?

• Like 1

Last night I was watching the news and they had a report of Johnny Mathis' 6 million dollar home burning to the ground. Investigators believe it started in the aquarium room :o. Of course my husband then says to me I'm going to burn our house down LOL. Makes me feel better about downsizing though, that's for sure :). Less equipment to go wrong.

We didn't end up watching Scream on Halloween night. Instead we watched Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. Do yourself a favor and watch it if you haven't. It's HILARIOUS!!!!!! I want to watch it again :lol:. It's on Netflix.

Tomorrow I should be able to try some closeups again. Until then, I've got nothing lol. Going shopping today. I have a 15% discount at Anthropologie for my birthday. Looking forward to that :).

• Like 2

I DO have something :). I love when I happen upon these two in a mirror image of each other. They do this a lot LOL.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-03%20at%208.11.1

And I love how they just plop down anywhere :).

• Like 1