ReefCleaners.org

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Mr. Microscope

Thanks, Mr. M! I don't think they will fight. Guess I'll find out :).

Maybe try clipping a head from each (if you can stand to do that, I don't know if I'd have it in me to break off from those beautiful colonies) and mount them together on a frag plug or something to see what happens. It might turn into a nice bouquet!

• Like 4

I was just seeing Ninja's maxi mini and those pretty pastel colors would look gorgeous in a corner somewhere.

I'm too afraid to put maxi minis or RFAs in this tank. I hate when they walk!

Maybe try clipping a head from each (if you can stand to do that, I don't know if I'd have it in me to break off from those beautiful colonies) and mount them together on a frag plug or something to see what happens. It might turn into a nice bouquet!

Cool idea :).

My firefish is FINALLY feeling comfortable in the new tank and starting to come out a lot :happydance:.

6-11-15no1_zpspfqxom9x.png

6-11-15no3_zpspqknhsum.png

New home for the porcelain crab

6-11-15no2_zpspxa2qsts.png

6-11-15no4_zpsgkqpb6kc.png

• Like 12
Mr. Microscope

6-11-15no3_zpspqknhsum.png

What is that? Looks like a cross between an acan and a trumpet? Some kind of acanthastra?

BTW, I love the cyphastrea in there. That'll look really nice once it fills in the blanks between the trumpets. I just hope it doesn't overtake any of them.

• Like 2

What is that? Looks like a cross between an acan and a trumpet? Some kind of acanthastra?

Its a lobo right? I used to have a pink one just like that.

Looking amazing, Gena! I can't believe how puffy and happy everything already is. Looks like everything settled in well. Talk about insta-reef :D I'm glad the firefish is coming out for you now. They're one of my favorite fish but they really need to feel comfortable to not hide all the time. Seems like she likes the new tank.

I bet the kittens will be completely fine with the dogs once they adjust. Kittens are pretty rambunctious themselves, so once they realize the dogs won't hurt them and just want to play, I bet they'll love the dogs. The first kitten I got growing up was the runt of the litter and was soooo tiny. We had a miniature schnauzer that was like 5 years old at the time and was pretty calm. We figured they'd be fine together. First time we leave them alone, my mom and I come back and our dog comes walking up to us carrying my kitten by the head (as in his entire head was in the dogs mouth). The kitten is just limply hanging out of his mouth. We have a couple second panic attack and as we're processing this, my dog very gently sets my kitten down. The kitten climbs out of his mouth and starts grooming the slobber off himself. My dog was trying to be like a mommy cat and was carrying him around but couldn't figure out how to scruff him. :lol: They ended up being very good friends.

• Like 6

BTW, I love the cyphastrea in there. That'll look really nice once it fills in the blanks between the trumpets. I just hope it doesn't overtake any of them.

Lobo :). I think the cyphastrea will be ok. It grew around my trumpets in the 8g tank and they don't get too aggressive because it's too shaded underneath the trumpets. If need be, I can scrape them very easily.

Beautiful photos!!!

Thanks, R :flower:.

Its a lobo right? I used to have a pink one just like that.

Looking amazing, Gena! I can't believe how puffy and happy everything already is. Looks like everything settled in well. Talk about insta-reef :D I'm glad the firefish is coming out for you now. They're one of my favorite fish but they really need to feel comfortable to not hide all the time. Seems like she likes the new tank.

I bet the kittens will be completely fine with the dogs once they adjust. Kittens are pretty rambunctious themselves, so once they realize the dogs won't hurt them and just want to play, I bet they'll love the dogs. The first kitten I got growing up was the runt of the litter and was soooo tiny. We had a miniature schnauzer that was like 5 years old at the time and was pretty calm. We figured they'd be fine together. First time we leave them alone, my mom and I come back and our dog comes walking up to us carrying my kitten by the head (as in his entire head was in the dogs mouth). The kitten is just limply hanging out of his mouth. We have a couple second panic attack and as we're processing this, my dog very gently sets my kitten down. The kitten climbs out of his mouth and starts grooming the slobber off himself. My dog was trying to be like a mommy cat and was carrying him around but couldn't figure out how to scruff him. :lol: They ended up being very good friends.

Yep. Oh gosh how scary that must have been to see at first :o. But totally adorable :wub:.

The surgeries were a success :happydance:. They are doing great. Looks like it will be Saturday for sure!

• Like 3

Did you paint the back white? That white background looks really nice!

Yep, I did. Used a white spray paint and it worked really well. I like it way more than a black background :).

Got these pictures sent to me last night. They are looking so much older. This is post surgery!

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-11%20at%208.47.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-11%20at%2010.58.

They will come home with us tomorrow afternoon :happydance:.

• Like 9

Just wanted to post, been following but I missed the startup. :) Where are the cloves?

Hi, Mark! Well, the female clown has been picking at them. Not sure if she's going for the micro algae on them or just doesn't like them for whatever reason. But they haven't been opening up at all. Not sure they are even still alive which is a shame.

Love your porcelain crab, he's a cutie!

Thank you! They are a great addition to the reef. They don't cause trouble :).

Thought I would give the old man some face time. He's 19 years young. Still has a young face but walks like Fred Sanford. He spends most of the day curled up on our bed. That's when he's not begging for food.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-12%20at%2010.03.

• Like 7

found you =). as expected, new tank looks great!

Love your kitten pics! I want a ragdoll kitten soooo bad. I can't wait to move into a bigger place so I can get one. Doesn't help that we currently have a mice invasion at our condo building...

• Like 2

*smacks head* lol, of course. Thank you Felicia.

Haha, no worries! There are way too many corals in this hobby to not get them confused sometimes. I only knew because I had a very similar lobo.

Woohoo! Glad to hear the kittens are doing well and that you get to pick them up tomorrow. Is your son super excited?

It was nice to see the old man cat too! He's so sweet looking curled up like that. :)

• Like 2

found you =). as expected, new tank looks great!

Love your kitten pics! I want a ragdoll kitten soooo bad. I can't wait to move into a bigger place so I can get one. Doesn't help that we currently have a mice invasion at our condo building...

I have a friend that breeds ragdolls! Gorgeous little fluffballs. :wub:

• Like 3

In happy news the kittens are home with us and sweet as can be. In horrific and surreal news I found out early Saturday morning that my mom passed away in her sleep. I'm in shock. It's unbelievable. I won't be around for a week or so as I will be traveling to Indiana. But when I return I will have photos of the kittens for you guys. They are rambunctious little cuties.

NorthGaHillbilly

In happy news the kittens are home with us and sweet as can be. In horrific and surreal news I found out early Saturday morning that my mom passed away in her sleep. I'm in shock. It's unbelievable. I won't be around for a week or so as I will be traveling to Indiana. But when I return I will have photos of the kittens for you guys. They are rambunctious little cuties.

Praying for yall.

• Like 1