SaltCritters.com

NanoFreaks Cadlight Versa 68

Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

Jesus Christ, busy delivery dayjust received my ATO made for the versa series sumps. They didn't have the option to add this when I purchased my tank. It was about a month later, and I saw it while looking on there site. It's usually 119.00 with he container and pump and level control. I called and asked if I could get a deal on the ATO. Jason was super cool and sent me just the reservoir, seeing as I already have the tune ATO. I was only charged $50.00 shipped to the door! Pretty sweet deal IMO. Cad lights has always been/tried to help as much as possible. Finally got rid of the white ATO that doesn't match my set up anymore, and doesn't have to sit outside the tank.

18650665885_95f07e0159.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18645989272_5117df31f4.jpg by -Nanofreak79-

18030688953_34f2ef2179_z.jpg20150609-153425-2 by -Nanofreak79-

Old reservoir from advanced acrylics

18653608941_97e923ac75.jpg20150609-153332-1 by -Nanofreak79-

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

Thank you Kat! I like it, good idea they had to keep it all inside the stand. there is only 3" next to the sump, was going to have a custom made. I mean to stop over at your new tank, seen a bit by looking through a few pages. NICE! :wub:

Thank you Kat! I like it, good idea they had to keep it all inside the stand. there is only 3" next to the sump, was going to have a custom made. I mean to stop over at your new tank, seen a bit by looking through a few pages. NICE! :wub:

Wanna sell the old reservoir? If so PM me.

Nanofreak79

Almost all my reef cleaner order is dead, most on arrival. I even paid for overnight shipping.....WTF this is usually not the case with them.

Nanofreak79

So the whole container my ATO dumped into the tank. Once my pump kicked on it created a syphon I think I fixed the problem by making sure there's a high point in the tubing.?

reefdiver88

Awesome setup, thanks for posting. Couple questions/comments:

• You have 2 Maxspect Gyres? seems like a lot of flow/turbulence. how's it working out?
  • Tunze ATO: everything I've ever bot that was made by Tunze has been great.
Nanofreak79

Awesome setup, thanks for posting. Couple questions/comments:

• You have 2 Maxspect Gyres? seems like a lot of flow/turbulence. how's it working out?
  • Tunze ATO: everything I've ever bot that was made by Tunze has been great.

I figured one gyre would be giving e just one sided growth on sps, which i don't have much of right now, but that will change. I like using my apex to turn the pumps on together, one pump and then the other, or both at once. just giving me variable turbulence in the water. I love the pumps compared to mp10's for instance, not that i would never use one on a smaller tank.

I love Tunze ATO! I use the nano and 3155 on this tank. amI answering your questions right. LMK

Nanofreak79

Flickr is actin a fool, stopped uploading my pics. Says there working on it. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the iPhone, and my DSLR. I orders the orange filter for the DSLR, but hope to sit down and make adjustments for taking better pics with it and my small canon powershot. I used my iPhone and a lense attachment for these.

I just got my magnet algae scraper today. It works well, no complaints for the $16.00 I paid. The new tunze nano mag is a piece of shit, sorry, overpriced piece of shit. Onto the pics!

18713926852_07f5cd2aec.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18721246421_c40fc67c6b.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18713994592_cd97b1d4dc.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18692512116_334d7ec7c8.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18532611269_207925345b.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18531108310_38b76a7667.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18532596799_d5b0420d5a.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18096146044_76e6619985.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18713989422_70dfe4c537.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18532586459_b5e08a7441.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18692488896_908bfc619f.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

18098159793_3b7751747b.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

Nanofreak79

Never mind this pic, I messed with it too much in Flickr.

I did some rescaling to make rock more of a slope, giving it more of a edge of the reef look, IMO. It's hard to see the real FTS because the two giant ass frag racks in front. I will be moving corals to there homes soon. I still have a few poopy frags from a member here that sold me some newly cut, won't open zoas

18692899576_b48255760a.jpgFTS by -Nanofreak79-

18532486868_1f5cfa82e9.jpgNew algae scraper by -Nanofreak79-

18534060119_f17a5e3b10.jpgNew algae scraper by -Nanofreak79-

18693981216_cdafd83fab.jpgNew algae scraper by -Nanofreak79-

New algae scraper! Tunze scraper is an overpriced POS

18097638424_a339004971.jpgNew algae scraper by -Nanofreak79-

18099562393_819102b476.jpgNew algae scraper by -Nanofreak79-

18097591864_cfbbc4ed1e.jpgNew algae scraper by -Nanofreak79-

Crap tunze scraper

18722699401_509cf4eafe.jpgNew algae scraper by -Nanofreak79-

Have you been running the T5's since you got your Maxspect or did you add them later? If later did you notice a difference in the corals after adding them?

HarryPotter

A few questions- you mention but don't explain.

What happened with ReefCleaners?

Selling the AA ATO? ;)

Beautiful tank :)

Nanofreak79

Have you been running the T5's since you got your Maxspect or did you add them later? If later did you notice a difference in the corals after adding them?

I've had razors on my tanks for awhile, but as soon as I added just these two bulbs everything seems much happier! Corals open more and Zoas and palys love them, looking nice and plump and colorful.

Nanofreak79

A few questions- you mention but don't explain.

What happened with ReefCleaners?

Selling the AA ATO? ;)

Beautiful tank :)

He just flat out returned my next payment of like $68 and said I don't want to take another loss if stuff dies. WTF? I said to myself......he said lets wait until the weather gets better. It was hotter those few days, but a better packing job might help. I paid for over night shipping and I think he cheats and doss two day, I'll have to look at the box to be sure. Anyway, complete bullshit considering I ordered again and he only refunded me $30 from original I think? Idk, it's ####ed up because I've ordered from him plenty of times with no issues.

ATO I could sell. The top lid is broken off the hinge has been since week one. Maybe if dude at advanced acrylics used a correct size hinge it would be fine, but it's a tiny little thing. I just set it over the top and pretend it's not broken. Lol

Thanks for the nice comments!

Very nice bro, progress is real on this one!

Slow but sure, corals coming in and pest apraxia going out! I need another update here soon.

I ended up just buying a new 6 x 24 ATI sunpower for my tank, instead of using my maxspect with the t5. I have 2 AI Prime's and I think i'm going to figure out a way to retrofit those into the fixture...

He just flat out returned my next payment of like $68 and said I don't want to take another loss if stuff dies. WTF? I said to myself......he said lets wait until the weather gets better. It was hotter those few days, but a better packing job might help. I paid for over night shipping and I think he cheats and doss two day, I'll have to look at the box to be sure. Anyway, complete bullshit considering I ordered again and he only refunded me $30 from original I think? Idk, it's ####ed up because I've ordered from him plenty of times with no issues.

ATO I could sell. The top lid is broken off the hinge has been since week one. Maybe if dude at advanced acrylics used a correct size hinge it would be fine, but it's a tiny little thing. I just set it over the top and pretend it's not broken. Lol

HEY! I asked about the ATO container first. How much?

I've never had a single issue with Reefcleaners even doing 3 days shipping. So that is weird.

Nanofreak79

I ended up just buying a new 6 x 24 ATI sunpower for my tank, instead of using my maxspect with the t5. I have 2 AI Prime's and I think i'm going to figure out a way to retrofit those into the fixture...

That's sweet! I have had a few ATI fixtures, well worth the money and great resale value. I want an AI prime, I just don't have a tank for one. I was thinking of trying it on my 6 gallon, but it's 24" long.......i don't mind a little shadowing on the ends, kinda looks cool if you don't need it for corals. I'm only having maxis, so they can move where they like to.

HEY! I asked about the ATO container first. How much?

I've never had a single issue with Reefcleaners even doing 3 days shipping. So that is weird.

Me either, that's why I was shocked when he said he wouldn't ship to me again or for now, whatever that means.

Pmd you about ATO

Nanofreak79

Still have kiddos till tomorrow, and lots to do tomorrow afternoon. I just wanted to make a quick update here. I was looking at my skimmer cup and wondering why I had no skimmate since cup cleaning. Well figured it out, looked down and saw the bubble plate had come undone from the pump. WTF? How this happened I'll never know. I'm also having about 7'frags of my Zias getting covered in the brown algae on there stalks causing them not to open, which in turn just makes it worse. I'm doing dips of 50/50 peroxide and tank water.....seems to be helping on some. My red hornet colony or small 8 polyp frag is also sick. I hate the zoa and paly game, it's always hard to see polyps go down hill and there's nothing you can do.

Archived