Innovative Marine Aquariums

NanoFreaks Cadlight Versa 68

Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

And then freaky blew up my notifications.

Wait until I get some Lightroom stuff going plus I got my DSLR dialed in close enough for decent pics!

Those little hydor pumps ... Did you make sure the flow restrictor on the front was opened fully? Silly question I know but something I've unintentionally done before l.

No, I did double check that. They were all open. I'm a bit dissapointed. Maybe I'll Use a eheim.
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I prefer the taam Rio pumps for tiny pumps. Ever since the mini jet was discontinued it seems like nobody wants to make a decent tiny pump.

Nanofreak79

This tank is a sexy beast man,and really informative of equipment and your process,nice thread.

Thank you! I try to make things fun and informative.

This is why I prefer the taam Rio pumps for tiny pumps. Ever since the mini jet was discontinued it seems like nobody wants to make a decent tiny pump.

Rio pumps are awesome, didn't really think of those. There probably at my price point too.

I just have to wait for foster and smith refund. Oh and minus 7.99 return fee? Kinda whack.

Restocking fees are the suck.

I need a tiny pump for my fluval spec v. I don't need more flow it's just I didn't appreciate the tight fit of the stock pump.

Nanofreak79
lilmatty5dimes

Here's the cool rock forms I have on the bottom, have another 20 frag rock. The trees come in black or clear, guy is super nice, fast shipping. First is frag rock http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231250294459&globalID=EBAY-US

Here's the trees

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111242351819&globalID=EBAY-US

Pic coming. Almost have camera down, can't get pics to import to Flickr even though I've already set up? Dunno I'll fix it.

thanks for the link. i'm probably going to get 2 black trees for the new tank.

what are these called?

great pics. collection is looking alive. lol

Nanofreak79

Dude I have serious brain shits.....it's on the tip of my tounge! Let me try and figure it out. All I know is I've had four polyps for a year. Maybe they'll grow in this tank!

Nanofreak79

A lot of my zoas are stretching, I'm worried about melting my lps if I crank up the razor......it does have only 120* optics? Thoughts, 22" deep tank!

Nanofreak79

Still having a little cyano here and there on some frags and a few rocks. I've been using MB7 and coral snow mix daily. Bought another frag rock, 20 spots for zoa and paly frags! Still have some on the rack and frags that don't have stems laying on the sand bed. Need another 20 rock and have a seven rock coming. I have two twelve tree racks full I want in the frag rock.

Here it is! I have a 5 , 10 and 20's I have an exciting project coming up for my zoas!

19161796593_3c7ce352f1.jpg20150717-161648-1 by -Nanofreak79-

Nanofreak79

I don't know what's going on? I can't get my skimmer to keep its head and actually pull skim mate. wTF?

I don't know what's going on? I can't get my skimmer to keep its head and actually pull skim mate. wTF?

Sounds like my skimmer. So I just turned it off and forgot about it

I'm about to. I have a nice bio load, so I now it's not that? Dunno?

In my case I think it was cuz my bioload was so low. Only have two fish, one clown and a neon goby, but have a BM curve 5. Hasn't been on in at least a month and the tank has been just fine. I used to just get annoyed at it since anytime I fed it would start overflowing. Decided I wasn't going to worry about it. Might not be the best solution long term :lol:

Nanofreak79

In my case I think it was cuz my bioload was so low. Only have two fish, one clown and a neon goby, but have a BM curve 5. Hasn't been on in at least a month and the tank has been just fine. I used to just get annoyed at it since anytime I fed it would start overflowing. Decided I wasn't going to worry about it. Might not be the best solution long term :lol:

Yeah a smaller skimmer would be good the SCA-301 is small, cheap and a pretty good skimmer, speaking from experience.

Corals will love it. Coral loves a little nasty in the water. Especially softies.

I went back to IO and might go to blue bucket Red Sea.

I have the 500 coralbox skimmer. I might bite the bullet and try a smaller skimmer, dunno

I owned the curve 5 before and had issues with it to.

Nanofreak79

You know what, I've had three ReefOcto skimmers that were hob and they all performed well. I shouldn't of sold my sca-302, worked way better. I've just gotten another 7 hole drag rock.....still not enough room.

HarryPotter

Careful with the new frag rock! If it's anything like mine from The Alternatjve Reef it's going to leach phosphates/silicates like mad for a few weeks!

I suggest soaking it in RO for a few days with a powerhead To make sure it won't leach and possibly encourage algae growth over your Zoas

Nanofreak79

Thanks bud! I buy the ocean wonders frag hubs. They have been ok, haven't grown any weird algae. I have a bigger problem with frags from vendors, doing peroxide dips on them to rid them of hair and more invasive algaes.......so basically things have been ok besides the everyday reefer issues. Thank you for your input Harry I appreciate that!

Archived