SaltCritters.com

NanoFreaks Cadlight Versa 68

Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

God of wars? They look awesome.

God of wars? They look awesome.

No, the picture sucks! There viscous vixouns I think either way there a paly to have. Someday soon I'll send you a list of what I have to frag for you! . I'll snap a pic with my dslr. My God of wars look like zoas. Lol

Zia sent me about four of five frags of z and p. All haven't fully opened.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilmatty5dimes

No, the picture sucks! There viscous vixouns I think either way there a paly to have. Someday soon I'll send you a list of what I have to frag for you! . I'll snap a pic with my dslr. My God of wars look like zoas. Lol

Zia sent me about four of five frags of z and p. All haven't fully opened.

Yea def not gow. What can't send a brother a z~n~p list as well? Lol. I've got so many people wanting that solar circus it's pretty funny.
Nanofreak79

#138 different varieties of Z'z and P'z! I have room for one more frag rock, but it still won't be enough space, I'll still need the frag racks. Still some Zoas I lost that need replacing lunars, blondies, space monster, mauls, scarface, wow, today erm.....moar, but good start-and I need some damn P hornets, WTF? No one has them? Stupid.

19569868428_5606f439dc.jpg by -Nanofreak79-

Gold torch is right beneath the ones pictured and purple torch is small and not caught in pic

19755834151_ef4f82405b.jpgIMG_8639 by -Nanofreak79-

Actually if you look next to the setosa you can see the purple hammer, it's quite the one headed baby!

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of questions for you on the CADLight Versa 68 since it unexpectedly jumped to the top of my list for my upgrade.

1. I really want a peninsula tank. Since the Versa 68 has the overflow in the corner, what other modifications will it need to be viewable on all 4 sides? I am assuming all 4 sides have the same glass quality and CADLights will be willing to not paint the back glass black.
  2. How are you liking the glass lids? Seems like there's enough gap in the lid for fish to jump through.
  3. Is the back of the stand open?
  4. Overall, how you liking the tank and why did you upgrade from 45g shallow to this?

Thanks! Hope the GSP opened =).

Awesome looking tank. Can you post a normal FTS? I would love to see all those zoas.

1. How are you liking the glass lids? Seems like there's enough gap in the lid for fish to jump through.

I liked the glass lids on mine, but condensation killed it. I keep my house pretty cool so I had to ditch them and added some DIY screening for from BRS. It was very unlikely on the glass that a fish would jump out... possible, yes, likely no.

Nanofreak79

A couple of questions for you on the CADLight Versa 68 since it unexpectedly jumped to the top of my list for my upgrade.

• I really want a peninsula tank. Since the Versa 68 has the overflow in the corner, what other modifications will it need to be viewable on all 4 sides? I am assuming all 4 sides have the same glass quality and CADLights will be willing to not paint the back glass black.
  • How are you liking the glass lids? Seems like there's enough gap in the lid for fish to jump through.
  • Is the back of the stand open?
  • Overall, how you liking the tank and why did you upgrade from 45g shallow to this?
Thanks! Hope the GSP opened =).

To make a peninsula style you would just need to peel off the black backing. All glass is the same.

The back of the stand is open on each side with a panel going down the middle. For me it's not a big deal, seeing as mostly everything is quiet enough in the sump. You could close it up, but I believe they have the piano cabinets which could differ from mine, I'd call Scott at Cad.

I love the tank, it could be 2" shorter......wet sleeves unless there rolled up to your pits. lol , although it gives me more room for zones, like softie, lps and sps. The shallow tank was hard to light, mostly being corals not happy and trying to balance that placement. 12" isn't a lot of room. I was into shallow tanks but now that I'm back to a larger tank I can hold more coral and have better, or an easier time placing things where they need to be. This tank is almost on auto pilot and my zoas and palys are doing awesome with great growth. I still have the 45 which I do plan on selling. GSP opened up day after, I'm sure it's thinking of how it'll reach something to do a takeover, lol . Oh yeah, I got s divorce so I bought an all in one package to setup for the move........45 is still at the x's house :)

The glass lids, sorry but a suicidal fish could make an escape. There are gaps and there are also notches cut out of each piece to hell with removal, that would be the spot I'd see the fish jumping out. I don't use any tips, never have, they look ugly IMO and as said there is so much condensation. Rimless tanks look poopy with any top, again, JMO!

Nanofreak79

Awesome looking tank. Can you post a normal FTS? I would love to see all those zoas.

• How are you liking the glass lids? Seems like there's enough gap in the lid for fish to jump through.
I liked the glass lids on mine, but condensation killed it. I keep my house pretty cool so I had to ditch them and added some DIY screening for from BRS. It was very unlikely on the glass that a fish would jump out... possible, yes, likely no.

I'm waiting for my gel filters in the mail. I only have a 50mm lens, which is not gonna give me close ups. I do have some more beautiful pieces coming in from LC on Tuesday. I hope to have them by then. I haven't had much traffic so it's been a but since I cared enough to do it......until I heard about gel filters. Lol, hopefully it'll save me. People seem to only like the threads with cats and macro photos. I do have a cat soon to be appearing and a macro lens I'm saving for. I also purchased the eahopps look down and its round which sucks for getting pics. Anyway, I'm just ranting now. Happy day to you all! I'll be back with some pics ;)

Nanofreak79

Wow, you have a lot of coral goodness packed in that tank! When things grow..look out! Very nice tank nanofreak.

So very nice of you! I've really tried to come out of my habit of mostly polyps and ordering many different species of lps and with some sps as well. I'm out of room on the sand bed with all the polyps........cadlight is suppose to fix that with a surprise for me!

To make a peninsula style you would just need to peel off the black backing. All glass is the same.

The back of the stand is open on each side with a panel going down the middle. For me it's not a big deal, seeing as mostly everything is quiet enough in the sump. You could close it up, but I believe they have the piano cabinets which could differ from mine, I'd call Scott at Cad.

I love the tank, it could be 2" shorter......wet sleeves unless there rolled up to your pits. lol , although it gives me more room for zones, like softie, lps and sps. The shallow tank was hard to light, mostly being corals not happy and trying to balance that placement. 12" isn't a lot of room. I was into shallow tanks but now that I'm back to a larger tank I can hold more coral and have better, or an easier time placing things where they need to be. This tank is almost on auto pilot and my zoas and palys are doing awesome with great growth. I still have the 45 which I do plan on selling. GSP opened up day after, I'm sure it's thinking of how it'll reach something to do a takeover, lol . Oh yeah, I got s divorce so I bought an all in one package to setup for the move........45 is still at the x's house :)

The glass lids, sorry but a suicidal fish could make an escape. There are gaps and there are also notches cut out of each piece to hell with removal, that would be the spot I'd see the fish jumping out. I don't use any tips, never have, they look ugly IMO and as said there is so much condensation. Rimless tanks look poopy with any top, again, JMO!

Thanks for the info! I love shallow tank but I do agree that with the 45g, 12" is a bit too shallow. The height of the 68 is the only thing holding me back right now. I wish it was regular 18" like you said. They should have done standard size of 36 x 24 x 18. It's hard to fill up the height for 21".

Without lid, you are not scared of fish jumping?

Nanofreak79

I had a 120 back in the day so 22" isn't terrible just not as easy as my 6 gallon if you need to dig around. I did a kind of sloping reef from the overflow down. There's many other ways for a cool scape in a tall tank, also room for grow out. I have a eyuphilia garden scan garden and so on. I don't really worry about jumping fish anymore. I try and choose fish that aren't as prone to jumping out, sometimes I just hope for the best. I had trouble deciding to, but the 68 seemed like the best option. I knew I'd had wished for it if I went smaller.

Looks good nanofreak going to be a packed house when it all grows out.

Thank you, yes I need to try and plan accordingly.

do you know any other build threads for the 68 on this forum or other forums??

I honestly haven't looked on YouTube or RC etc. I'll look, lmk if you find one.

Received a big o box of LC coral today! Oh, then I dropped my fairly new iPhone 6 plus into my tank, story is , fell out between my ear and shoulder while putting coral away, and down into the depths of the 68! Yay, then a lot of screwing around only to find submersion isn't covered, just spills? I've spilt coffee on it, works. Fine for spills. Don't have $700-800 and no early upgrade, bought a pay as u go. FML today.

Order placed with fish nuts. I should have jumped ouicker and gotten the red dragonets, missed out. I got a few snails and a tang. Boring update but I'm pretty much just using this as a journal of sorts anyway. No one noticed my previous post either. No worries I'll continue to document my tank. I have a new phone and will try and take some pics.

My youngest just got his tonsils out, we're going through the rough patch now. Poor little guy, wish I could take his pain and put it in me.

Order placed with fish nuts. I should have jumped ouicker and gotten the red dragonets, missed out. I got a few snails and a tang. Boring update but I'm pretty much just using this as a journal of sorts anyway. No one noticed my previous post either. No worries I'll continue to document my tank. I have a new phone and will try and take some pics.

My youngest just got his tonsils out, we're going through the rough patch now. Poor little guy, wish I could take his pain and put it in me.

I think you have to fit a certain crowd to get a lot of activity on your thread I have found that out on here.

The nice thing is if you go to there thread they will be nice and talk but you can count on them not coming to yours. ;)

Edit: That really sucks about the phone. :o

Thank you, yes I need to try and plan accordingly.

I honestly haven't looked on YouTube or RC etc. I'll look, lmk if you find one.

Received a big o box of LC coral today! Oh, then I dropped my fairly new iPhone 6 plus into my tank, story is , fell out between my ear and shoulder while putting coral away, and down into the depths of the 68! Yay, then a lot of screwing around only to find submersion isn't covered, just spills? I've spilt coffee on it, works. Fine for spills. Don't have $700-800 and no early upgrade, bought a pay as u go. FML today.

DUDEEE you should have told them it was just a spill!!!!! My dad jumped into the pool after our dog got stuck in it with the leash with his 6+. Took it to apple and it was $50ish for the "accidental damage" deductible!

DUDEEE you should have told them it was just a spill!!!!! My dad jumped into the pool after our dog got stuck in it with the leash with his 6+. Took it to apple and it was $50ish for the "accidental damage" deductible!

Geek squad guy said to do that but Ida they determine it was submerged, which it was I'd be charged an additional $297 on top of the $150 just to replace. I got a prepaid with a decent camera and all the other things I needed. I just haven't called,sprint myself to ask what to do. They won't open another line for me either. Stupid and pointless to argue with them I'm thinking.

I think you have to fit a certain crowd to get a lot of activity on your thread I have found that out on here.

The nice thing is if you go to there thread they will be nice and talk but you can count on them not coming to yours. ;)

Edit: That really sucks about the phone. :o

Yeah I get it, at least I can keep track of things and start trying to do some more pictures too.

I will try and get it fixed or go to the Apple Store.

I'm tripping on my last order from LC. I love them, obviously, seeing as I've spent thousands of dollars with them. I complained about a four color csyphastria frag. It was literally 1/4" frag. You can hardly tell what it is. I can see 6 polyps opening on it, which if you know csyphastria that's pretty shitty. Darwin of course gave me a guilt trip for having sent extra polyps and what not, instead of dealing with the problem or not even sending a piece like that,a laughable frag at best. I got $30 store credit? I should have gotten my money back, I'd even send the piece back as well.

Go Walmart family mobile if your tmobile coverage in that area is good.

You can use any tmobile phone. Including the prepaid ones.

I'm tripping on my last order from LC. I love them, obviously, seeing as I've spent thousands of dollars with them. I complained about a four color csyphastria frag. It was literally 1/4" frag. You can hardly tell what it is. I can see 6 polyps opening on it, which if you know csyphastria that's pretty shitty. Darwin of course gave me a guilt trip for having sent extra polyps and what not, instead of dealing with the problem or not even sending a piece like that,a laughable frag at best. I got $30 store credit? I should have gotten my money back, I'd even send the piece back as well.

Hmm, sorry to hear about this.

Thats a little messed up but hopefully they will fix it pne way or another maybe bigger frags on the next order.

Marc.The.Shark

Let's see some pics with that new phone! I have Sprint as well & I've found it just depends who you get when you go to the store or call. Their CS is hit or miss. I've had exceptional service & really shitty service from them. The thing I don't like is they never let you know when they have new & better plans out. I get emails for new phones, but never "hey, we can save you some cash". That being said, I was finally fed up with my huge bill for 2 phones a few months ago & called & told them I was going to Boost or something if they couldn't do better, literally cut my bill in half from $160 to $80 a month! WTF.

Go Walmart family mobile if your tmobile coverage in that area is good.

You can use any tmobile phone. Including the prepaid ones.

Thanks hore, nice to see you......or your text. Lol

Let's see some pics with that new phone! I have Sprint as well & I've found it just depends who you get when you go to the store or call. Their CS is hit or miss. I've had exceptional service & really shitty service from them. The thing I don't like is they never let you know when they have new & better plans out. I get emails for new phones, but never "hey, we can save you some cash". That being said, I was finally fed up with my huge bill for 2 phones a few months ago & called & told them I was going to Boost or something if they couldn't do better, literally cut my bill in half from $160 to $80 a month! WTF.

Yeah I'm running a pay as you go sprint, $45 for unlimited and 3 gigs, which is sweet, I'm mostly Internet. My bill from sprint has steadily gone up, I've had four bills now. There now charging me $85 for one line, WTF? I just haven't had time to call them and figure this out. I'm writing from the hospital right now, my little guy 8 year old had a tonsillectomy and is having complications. Things are looking up for him and getting lots of smiles now. I'd call my sprint but I don't want to have to get loud in the hospital area arguing with the CSR, who don't be carin y'all!

Archived