Cultivated Reef

NanoFreaks Cadlight Versa 68

Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

Dude I'm sick with a ####ing cold, have my three boys who are cray cray, and keep me on my toes all day! I promise to get a good update on my terror tank and my bachelor pad. It's like if people don't see a macro lense pic, there like f this thread, lol.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A colds never stopped anyone lmao. I'm not asking for macro's lol just A picture lol. But by all means mane,rest up and spenge that time with the kiddos !!

There's only 4 things that matter in life: your kids,your job,your reef tank and bourbon :D

Nanofreak79

I'm just being a dick. I need more hours in the day. Although I do seem to find time to post on NR. I need to reset some settings on my DSLR the orange filter actually makes things orange instead of removing the blues and getting a decent pic. WTF, I just wish I was a camera wizard. I do better with the iPhone and Flickr to adjust pics. Bourbon, I'm a recovering alcoholic but it is good! No drinks for me for 8 years. I was a raging drunk. Smoking keeps the mind happy.

Hahaha I know not to take it any other way but jokingly lol. Really ? That's weird. I was actually having the same issue earlier when I was trying to take pics,so I just didn't post any lol.

Smoking the shrubbery ? Wish I could... I miss it lol (if we're talking about the same thing) then I went to drinking,after years of drinking. Now I just sip on the occasion and have my handy dandy e-cig lol which is a new obsession..

Good shit bro,that's not a Kanger is it ? I may get a KBox 40w @ 2000mA this weekend,idk yet. I just got this,2 weeks ago it's 900mA battery. It's my first rig. I had to stop dipping,shit was messing with my teeth so bad,so I figured this was better. Paired with Crown E-Juice's called Rainbow Explosion @ 32mg of Nic.

image_111.jpg

Nanofreak79

Yeah dude the box mods are nicer and will last you longer. The new anger sub tank is on my KBOX. They'd I'd have a deal on a site for like $70.00 for both. You get killer taste and enough smoke to fill the house. I started with the pen style to. 32 of nic, god damn. I went from 25 down to 6 now on the nic. The higher nic level makes shit taste different too or more bitter.

I hear you. I figured for my first rig,this 900mAh wasn't bad for $42 for the whole kit and some juice. I didn't taste a different (being bitter or anything) in the 3 different juices I have. I have 1 32mg a 18mg and a 12mg and I think the more nic the more vapor I get. I'm looking at a Innokin 40w Cool Fire 4 for $40 with adaptor for 510 or Ego tanks. My brother n law has a like $200 one with air control and all the bells and whistles and omg that thing it's like a MONSTER,I about puked when I first hit it lol.

Nanofreak79

I hear you. I figured for my first rig,this 900mAh wasn't bad for $42 for the whole kit and some juice. I didn't taste a different (being bitter or anything) in the 3 different juices I have. I have 1 32mg a 18mg and a 12mg and I think the more nic the more vapor I get. I'm looking at a Innokin 40w Cool Fire 4 for $40 with adaptor for 510 or Ego tanks. My brother n law has a like $200 one with air control and all the bells and whistles and omg that thing it's like a MONSTER,I about puked when I first hit it lol.

Yeah, the sub tank has airflow control and sub ohm coils. Hits,awesome. I've had a speedy machine right before this, dropped it to many times and ended up breaking something internally, it stopped working.

That tune scrapper really that bad? Saw reviews talking it up and I didn't believe them lol

Yeah, it sucked. I have a little thicker glass, 3/8" I think,mbut the thing always fell off if you were really going to town on a spot. It doesn't float which also sucks. If I had bought the bigger $40 version I'd be even more upset.......I did give it away here on NR, even paid for there shipping. I purchased a scraper , it's on one of my pages here, came with stainless blade and plastic plus the scraper floats and the body has rough scraper material on it. $16.99! The tunze only has a scraper on each side and mine were just plastic.

Nanofreak79

So I came home from kids,baseball tourney and looked over the tank. I have cyano growing on my rocks. Things I think are contributing to this.

- New tank

- Newly set up bio pellet reactor, started when tank set up

- Lighting, LEDs,and T5's with a twelve hour photo period

- rock being stacked against back wall of the tank, which I did to get the edge of,reef look and give more,area for frags and coral

- water changes.......I just did one 20 gallons out of 68 gallon tank, I've,done three changes in two months.

- frag racks, one small and a fairly large 24 hole acrylic rack, possibly impeding flow.

- might be missing some things

Things like my skimmer are working well, socks are changed out, considering not using them. I clean the sump when I do WC's. I blow off rock usually daily, sometimes every other. I've ordered another frag rock that holds twenty plugs, and the new frags coming and few,left on rack should be able to get rid of the giant acrylic one. Considering adjusting gyres to be past 50% and change the fusion program for them to be on more at the same time and less off period, or switching of letting one on at time, then both at once. Should I change my rock work? Considering doing that. I see there are some bacterial additives that seem to help some and bio pellets can cause this spike as well. Any ideas or things in this you think I should try? Thank you!

Nanofreak79

Coral snow + MB7. Mix a few ml of both and let it sit a couple of days before pouring in the tank. I did this for 1-2 weeks, the cyano gradually went away.

I changed my tank thread name, but you came to rescue. That's awesome! I love natural ways to deal with things. Do you think my rock work could cause some issues? I'd hate to reshape, seeing as I like it. I've had similar rock work in other tanks over the years and not had cyano, plus I'm using to gyres, flow flow flow!

yup

What's the difference between vaping and an e-cig? I don't smoke but I like some of the flavors I see, I like to smoke a hooka occasionally.

They make adapters to use the juice in place of the little cup where you put your coals for hooka. What it all boils down,e-cigs and vaping are the same thing,e-cigs are just a constant voltage which is low,like 3.2v and eventually runs out of juice and you toss them. And the other e-cigs like we have you can customize and have a refillable tank. Vapor is just what you exhale. You can get juice that has no nicotine. And a simple rig with a nice mA for cheap.

Are you feeding super heavy ?!

Nanofreak79

E cig and vaping are similar. I consider E sig as a look alike cigarette that uses vapor instead of smoke, and most of those units give little to no smoke, and generally suck build wise and no real flavor selection of flavors. Vaping is almost a lifestyle type thing now, as stupid as it sounds. Instead of using the E cig to try and quit smoking, people now are hooked on the thousands of flavors and companies making them, with no thought on quitting. Buy a decent unit, as well as a tank, or a re build able....which is a whole nother monster deal, using ohm meters and wrapping metal and shit to create the proper ohm to wattage, blah blah, I go simple and use a good tank and unit. I'm totally hooked on vaping. I sit at the local vapor shop and puff away, shooting the shit with some cool people, or even watch a movie there with the guys. I'm using a flavor called fro yo right now.....addicting new flavor. Oh, and you chose nicotine strength. If your a person who just likes to vape, who doesn't need the nic, you have that choice. I quit smoking, started at 25mg, now down to 6mg of Nicotine.....probably never get to zero, which is what you'd use for instance. Less nic equals better flavor, more equals harsher taste and throat hit from the same brand and flavor. I don't even think about smoking anymore, vaping has taken over. If interested go to Giantvapes.com. You can get reviews on juice and there is a list you break down into flavor categories such as dessert, tobacco, and custards. Etc. well now that I've written a book about it, gives you a pretty good idea!

They make adapters to use the juice in place of the little cup where you put your coals for hooka. What it all boils down,e-cigs and vaping are the same thing,e-cigs are just a constant voltage which is low,like 3.2v and eventually runs out of juice and you toss them. And the other e-cigs like we have you can customize and have a refillable tank. Vapor is just what you exhale. You can get juice that has no nicotine. And a simple rig with a nice mA for cheap.

Are you feeding super heavy ?!

Hahaha, you, short and sweet, me, WTF?

I sat in the shop earlier with my girlfriend and brother n law for about 2 hours earlier,trying different box mods,and kanger units,tanks and about 40-50 different juices lol.

I found a e-cig at work a few weeks ago,a Mark-10 and omfg... GARBAGE. That's why I just got a cheaper $42 battery and tank and a bottle of juice and called it a day. My bro n law just game me a iTaste SVD since he just got a Kanger 50w Box Mod which hits like a fu*king beast.

I found out I'm allergic to some types of juices (VG),so I had to switch (PG). Shit made my mouth so insanely dry and gave me sores and shit,it was horrible. I was fine for the first few days then BOOM,HELLLLL lol.

Nanofreak79

I sat in the shop earlier with my girlfriend and brother n law for about 2 hours earlier,trying different box mods,and kanger units,tanks and about 40-50 different juices lol.

I found a e-cig at work a few weeks ago,a Mark-10 and omfg... GARBAGE. That's why I just got a cheaper $42 battery and tank and a bottle of juice and called it a day. My bro n law just game me a iTaste SVD since he just got a Kanger 50w Box Mod which hits like a fu*king beast.

I found out I'm allergic to some types of juices (VG),so I had to switch (PG). Shit made my mouth so insanely dry and gave me sores and shit,it was horrible. I was fine for the first few days then BOOM,HELLLLL lol.

I heard some people had allergies to some of the juice. Cool you got a new one I was gonna say I have an ileaf 20 watt box, nice and small works in wattage and up to 5-6 volts. I also have an iTaste mvp. LMK if you ever want one, cheap. I also have an aspire tank that is awesome with the eleaf 20 watt. Good taste for that tank.

Yeah dude,just let me know how much you want for it and I'll shoot you some moolah for it. I'll PM you my number and send some pics of it. The SVD's firing button is a little sticky so sometimes it doesn't want to work,which is a pain,hence why my bro in law got the Box Mod.

Archived