inTank Media Baskets

Two Cats and a Reef

thecoralbeauty

thecoralbeauty

The higher intensity the most is the louder it gets. Reef crest isn't too bad, but pulse is terrible... I'm surprised your intensity is so high. I ran mine at 50% tops. But I'm fighting the return pump nozzles at the opposite end of my tank

Well I kept one 420 on the opposite end as well
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
righttirefire

You must have 1000gph Cycloning that tank girl! 1000/20... 50x turnover rate... :) whatever you like, and whatever you creatures like. The return from my sump only pushes about 200gph compensating for head loss and turns in piping. I ran a 240 in my 20 tall, and my 20 long before the mp10. With one ac50 on min. And one ac50 max. But let's face it... my tank is hardly a reef... a FOWLR, and experimental coral.

jedimasterben

Even 50x turnover isn't actually getting into 'extreme' territory. With the two Gyres, I'm well above that ;)

HarryPotter

I get about 400gph from my returns but about 1500 GPH from my MP40w QD. So lets say 1900/45= 42x turnover?

Damn im slacking- I need to crank up that vortech!

What pretty clams. Can't wait to see how they look 6 mos from now. Did you measure their sizes right now and write them down?

thecoralbeauty

What pretty clams. Can't wait to see how they look 6 mos from now. Did you measure their sizes right now and write them down?

you know, i didn't measure sizes yet but i took a lot of photos! Maybe that's something I'll do with my next water change. I'd been so busy fragging the mille

Damn...10 pages to go through :lol:.

Well, I made it through one and those clams omgomgomg. Harry got you some really pretty ones!

What's new? I was through Colorado this past week and thought of you. Thinking of places to move to in a few years and Colorado is on the list :).

HarryPotter

Damn...10 pages to go through :lol:.Well, I made it through one and those clams omgomgomg. Harry got you some really pretty ones!What's new? I was through Colorado this past week and thought of you. Thinking of places to move to in a few years and Colorado is on the list :).

Thanks! I'm getting TEAL ones soon! A bunch... I'm hoping 10 omgomgomg

HarryPotter

Are you a clam dealer now or something?

Well I get wholesale? So I guess sort of. I need to get a tank for all the stock though

thecoralbeauty

Damn...10 pages to go through :lol:.

Well, I made it through one and those clams omgomgomg. Harry got you some really pretty ones!

What's new? I was through Colorado this past week and thought of you. Thinking of places to move to in a few years and Colorado is on the list :).

Hah, basically you just missed me freaking out over my first case of RTN and the clams. :P oh, and i have an MP10 as a b-day present to myself, haha.

I hope you're feeling a little bit more normal now that you're back home. I'm so sorry about what happened, I know the surreal and sudden feeling all too well. I'm so sorry you're going through that.

That would be so fantastic if you moved here! It's beautiful, and besides not having an ocean, you might fall in love with it too. Do you ski or anything? I don't, but many people move here just to be able to do that every weekend in the winter months. Plus we could have kitty-play dates. :wub:

Thanks! I'm getting TEAL ones soon! A bunch... I'm hoping 10 omgomgomg

and you're sending me one of them, of course. B)

speaking of colorado....how cold does it get there?? i been comparing Boulder temperature over the winter with Chicago and they are very similar, which makes me very sad as that's the main reason I want to move out of Chicago =(.

Well I get wholesale? So I guess sort of. I need to get a tank for all the stock though

That's pretty awesome!

Hah, basically you just missed me freaking out over my first case of RTN and the clams. :P oh, and i have an MP10 as a b-day present to myself, haha.

I hope you're feeling a little bit more normal now that you're back home. I'm so sorry about what happened, I know the surreal and sudden feeling all too well. I'm so sorry you're going through that.

That would be so fantastic if you moved here! It's beautiful, and besides not having an ocean, you might fall in love with it too. Do you ski or anything? I don't, but many people move here just to be able to do that every weekend in the winter months. Plus we could have kitty-play dates. :wub:

and you're sending me one of them, of course. B)

You will love the mp10 :) It's great therapy to be back home and the kittens are helping immensely :). I don't ski. Only have once in my life when I was like 6 years old lol. The parts of Colorado I saw are just gorgeous. I could totally see myself living there. My moving-to options are more open now with no need to be so close to Indiana. Even staying here is a possibility now but I really do want to move someplace where it rains lol.

Kitty play-dates sounds fun :).

Sorry about the RTN. Hope is all ok now!

thecoralbeauty

speaking of colorado....how cold does it get there?? i been comparing Boulder temperature over the winter with Chicago and they are very similar, which makes me very sad as that's the main reason I want to move out of Chicago =(.

so, im in the southern area of denver, but i work in the main denver public schools district across town (next to the broncos stadium, etc). generally denver is a lot warmer than boulder and colorado springs and many cities on the western slope (glenwood springs, grand junction, etc), as we are farther away from the mountains. i know many folks from chicago who have moved to denver (like 5 within my school's staff, actually) that prefer denver over chicago due to the dry winters we have here- it doesn't get "wet" cold. yea, we'll have some low temperatures, but with the low humidity at this altitude, it doesn't feel as oppressively cold. usually the snow isn't as wet and the powder is easier to shovel. Also, i think the biggest thing i hear comments on is how many days of sun we have. even in the dead of winter, it'll snow part of the day, and be sunny the rest. i think we average 300 sunny days a year, so that's a huge bonus. and you can't beat the mountains.

so, im in the southern area of denver, but i work in the main denver public schools district across town (next to the broncos stadium, etc). generally denver is a lot warmer than boulder and colorado springs and many cities on the western slope (glenwood springs, grand junction, etc), as we are farther away from the mountains. i know many folks from chicago who have moved to denver (like 5 within my school's staff, actually) that prefer denver over chicago due to the dry winters we have here- it doesn't get "wet" cold. yea, we'll have some low temperatures, but with the low humidity at this altitude, it doesn't feel as oppressively cold. usually the snow isn't as wet and the powder is easier to shovel. Also, i think the biggest thing i hear comments on is how many days of sun we have. even in the dead of winter, it'll snow part of the day, and be sunny the rest. i think we average 300 sunny days a year, so that's a huge bonus. and you can't beat the mountains.

Does it rain there in the summer? Do you get thunderstorms? I know it's weird but that is a big part of my decision. Someplace that gets thunderstorms lol.

Does it rain there in the summer? Do you get thunderstorms? I know it's weird but that is a big part of my decision. Someplace that gets thunderstorms lol.

come to Chicago =P. We been getting lots of thunderstorms lately.

Sk8n Reefer

Damn...10 pages to go through :lol:.Well, I made it through one and those clams omgomgomg. Harry got you some really pretty ones!What's new? I was through Colorado this past week and thought of you. Thinking of places to move to in a few years and Colorado is on the list :).

Heck Ya! Colorado is a wonderful place to live- where did you visit last week? You want thunderstorms we got'em especially this year- really pretty coming over the mountains. Sorry to hijack your thread !

thecoralbeauty

Heck Ya! Colorado is a wonderful place to live- where did you visit last week? You want thunderstorms we got'em especially this year- really pretty coming over the mountains. Sorry to hijack your thread !

no worries, haha. thanks for the help trying to convince them to all move here! lol

yea, we get tons of thunderstorms. in fact, we had rain every single day this spring/summer up until last week, i'm pretty sure. and they're pretty epic storms too.

Tank looks great! Freakin love Colorado, grandpa use to live a bit south of Boulder. Great uncle lives in the springs. Freakin beautiful out there.

Archived