inTank Media Baskets

Nano Box LED Strips : New Product

DaveFason

quackenbush

If you don't plan on a full SPS tank, then a single array will give the coverage you need. Being so close to the water is the main issue with spread (SPS want light coming in from more than one angle for best coloration across them), you'll have plenty of power even from a single array.

That's good info, thank you. I'm a long way from being interested in SPS in this tank.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This JBJ setup really frustrates me. Ah well.

So then, I want to keep the JBJ hood, which leaves me with a retro kit. The tank inner dimensions are roughly 17" wide and 13" deep (front to back depth, not top to bottom). If I go cheap and get a single array NanoBox retro (small), I'm guessing I'm not going to get the spread and have a lot of shadows, so that leaves me with having to drop another $100 and get the large, dual array.

Or can I retro a hood with a single array and still get good coverage in a 13 x 17" area? What beam angles do Dave's LEDs have?

Like what Jedi said, the single will work and still have great spread due to not using optics. Let me know if you need any help!

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

Would this work for a 10"x10"x10" deep blue cube? Only will have softies and lps.

It's missing cyan if you're planning a reef tank. On top of that, you'd need three of them to keep the color temperature up (one white and two actinic) so it makes less sense than buying one of the normal 13up arrays.

I'm a bit confused...how does this compare with the regular nano box units.

It looks more cost effective...which is good for me because I have been dreaming of the day to buy these and light up my 60x18x14 tank.

Do I buy 2 or 3 Actinic strips and that is all I need? If the price is 100-175...that would music to my ears.

jedimasterben

I'm a bit confused...how does this compare with the regular nano box units.

It looks more cost effective...which is good for me because I have been dreaming of the day to buy these and light up my 60x18x14 tank.

Do I buy 2 or 3 Actinic strips and that is all I need? If the price is 100-175...that would music to my ears.

Considering that each strip has six LEDs, you're not going to light a 60x18 area with three of them :) These are not made to be primary light for reef tanks - that's where the 'normal' 13up arrays come in. These are made for supplementation or for use over freshwater tanks (though without having seen one in person, I don't know how well the warm + neutral combo will work without some royal blue to bring up the color temp).

HarryPotter

Hi Dave,

I would like one of these (12") as my refugium light in an All-In-One.

Are they for sale yet? Thanks!

HarryPotter

Crunching the last numbers now. It's a ton of work to launch a product. ;)

Haha I know I know, I just have my debit card out and ready to go! :P

I call being the first customer to order the Reef strip!

HarryPotter

Well I stayed up for all of "Today" for nothing! Curses!

Haha excited to order (If you can't tell)

Edit: Crying myself to sleep... WHY CANT I BE A NANOBOT?!?!

Long night!

I will make an official thread for this. I want to make sure I have this 100% set but will be taking pre-orders for a ship date of July 17th. Pictures will be loaded this week. Side caps will come standard with 10-24 threads for DIY mounting and Nano Box Mounting.

6" - $100

12" - $150

24" - $225

Mounts :

Gooseneck - $22.95 - Great for fresh water set ups, FUGE, etc

L Style Legs - 18.95 - Great for fresh water set ups, FUGE, Actinic add ons

Hanging Kit - 19.95 - Great for fresh water set ups, FUGE, Actinic add ons

The prices are very competitive with the Reef Brite LED/BuildMyLED series. I use only the highest quality LEDs utilizing the Luxeon T, Rebel ES and SEMILED top bin.

The 6" model will work great on small fresh water aquariums ( 12" -14" Length ) using the gooseneck or L style legs.

-Dave

Will there be a bracket to attach it next to a quad? Like the old hybrid sort of? Or will I need to hang them separately?

And is there any way to mount the 12" Fuge version directly to the back of an AIO? (For a refugium)

I sure can. I simple L bracket will work and I can make for you.

Will there be a bracket to attach it next to a quad? Like the old hybrid sort of? Or will I need to hang them separately?

Again I can make this for you. Not normal thing for people to do.

Archived