Cultivated Reef

Nano Box LED Strips : New Product

DaveFason

Number 1 reminds me of an old car emblem like I wanna say an old Merc or Plymouth. Something of the 40's era, chopped top fast and loud, with tailpipe flames.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number 1 reminds me of an old car emblem like I wanna say an old Merc or Plymouth. Something of the 40's era, chopped top fast and loud, with tailpipe flames.

I was thinking almost the same thing. I like # 1 as well as # 3.

New arrays are orders and should be arriving within two weeks.

Needing some help. I really like the name "BEAM". I do all the art work and here are a few that I liked. Thoughts?

17034803028_70f6265fc7_b.jpgUntitled-1 by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

-Dave

For both families of logos (left and right) I like the font used in #1 and #5 because the ligatures coming off the letters (ie the extensions of the bars on the B, E, and A) all relate back to the beam theme of straight lines of light. The font of #4 is too wobbly to associate with such a precision product, and the curves of #3 work counter to the product idea. If I may make one suggestion, having the name Beam Lighting Series spread over 3 levels is a tad bit cumbersome and would benefit from condensing "Lighting Series" into one level. You could still use 3 lines, one above and below "Lighting Series" and the third centered on the words but cut so as not to strike through them.

Maybe something like this:

16656368824_caf8e1fe10_m.jpg

That looks nice. Great work on changing it up, I like what u did with the little lines to the left and right of lighting series. Rolls all three into one and condenses it in a nice way.

For both families of logos (left and right) I like the font used in #1 and #5 because the ligatures coming off the letters (ie the extensions of the bars on the B, E, and A) all relate back to the beam theme of straight lines of light. The font of #4 is too wobbly to associate with such a precision product, and the curves of #3 work counter to the product idea. If I may make one suggestion, having the name Beam Lighting Series spread over 3 levels is a tad bit cumbersome and would benefit from condensing "Lighting Series" into one level. You could still use 3 lines, one above and below "Lighting Series" and the third centered on the words but cut so as not to strike through them.

Maybe something like this:

16656368824_caf8e1fe10_m.jpg

Love it man. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I think this maybe the winner!

-Dave

Hey glad you like it Dave. I love doing graphic design when I can find the time. This is just me obsessing, but the spacing between the A and the M is very tight compared to the other letters. Whenever you make the final artwork file for fabrication, maybe put a little more space between them.

Do you have a version of this to stick on the back of a biocube fuge area? Just put the intank gubbins in the back and looking for a light.

Cheers!

Quick question,if so,just saying here,what if someone just wanted on of those boards ? Would you be able to do so ?

Quick question,if so,just saying here,what if someone just wanted on of those boards ? Would you be able to do so ?

Yep. I will be selling these very shortly.

I agree Reefkid88. I was talking with Dave last week. He was showing me these LEDs and I thought three of these stips would be a perfect upgrade for my jbj unibody. Better LEDs, better colors and I can keep the same drivers. Dave thought so too and this will probably going to happen soon.

If using one of these for my fuge light , can I control it from the same bluefish many that runs my hybrid? Maybe use the strip lights on a moon channel that way you can control a separate time for that particular light ?

or will it need separate control

I agree Reefkid88. I was talking with Dave last week. He was showing me these LEDs and I thought three of these stips would be a perfect upgrade for my jbj unibody. Better LEDs, better colors and I can keep the same drivers. Dave thought so too and this will probably going to happen soon.

I just feel like they would be better when taking out a bulb or two,but don't know how effective it would be if taking out only 1 bulb on a 4 bulb light. Ya know ? I think it would still produce usable light if doing it that way. And with the little number of leds,you could power 2 strips off on only 2 ldd's.

Nope, It will plug right in. :)

If using one of these for my fuge light , can I control it from the same bluefish many that runs my hybrid? Maybe use the strip lights on a moon channel that way you can control a separate time for that particular light ?

or will it need separate control

Two strips can run off one LDD.

I just feel like they would be better when taking out a bulb or two,but don't know how effective it would be if taking out only 1 bulb on a 4 bulb light. Ya know ? I think it would still produce usable light if doing it that way. And with the little number of leds,you could power 2 strips off on only 2 ldd's.

I think these will make for a great retro. I can imagine putting these strips in place of a T5 tube and a 6 or 8 bulb fixture. I'm not a big fan of pucks, it's all about the strips. :)

jedimasterben

I think these will make for a great retro. I can imagine putting these strips in place of a T5 tube and a 6 or 8 bulb fixture. I'm not a big fan of pucks, it's all about the strips. :)

winkyface...

:D

Archived