Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Box LED Strips : New Product

DaveFason

OMG Dave. This looks like the perfect solution for my frog tank. Was going to go with a Flare, but this will be better!

Two questions:

1) Any thought on an 18"/15 LED unit?

2) Can one of those little Bluefish chips get thrown in there?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a stupid reefbrite light over one of my tanks and it's just awful, can't wait to see how these turn out.

I wish I could do 48" cuts. I simply just don't have the machine that can. I will see what I can do to have them "work" together.

Dave,

Looks great, however i need a 48" length!

Want to attach this to my ATI fixture!

Yes mam. Standard will be black and white. I do plan to offer some funky stuff.

Yes! A couple of these would be awesome for mu cube. Would we still be able to get the fancy colors?

Already on it.

ez mount on to ATI fixture plz!

Thanks so much. Instead of mass producing things I believe in taking the time to make each product individual. I love this stuff!

Can't wait to see the final product. You've got a great design sense when it comes to the finishing aesthetic coupled with the functional needs of the product. I'm an architect so I tend towards simple, geometrically related names for things so a few I thought might be good are:

Nanobox.....Axis, Beam, Edge, Streak

Possibly. For now 24" max. As for actual specs, these will come with time.

Will there be a way to chain these for longer tank?
Other specs would be helpful as well (output, color, spread etc)

Working on a "mount" for a AIO. The AC mounts, would this be on the top? Algae scrubber would be easy. NO way on water proof.

Lookin' good man.

If I understand correctly you list these as having fuge applications as well as FW (non-planted or nano presumably), and actinic add on applications? Sounds like a good use range.

My ramblings - by no means coherent ideas:

- It would be cool to have a mounting option that would attach it directly to glass for AIO tanks with a refugium in the rear chamber.

- AC70 & AC110 mounts

- Algae scrubber model using 660nm red

- Potential underwater applications?

No sir. A ton of time goes into designing this stuff and for now will leave it with these. I will gladly sell you a strip ;)

Sweet. Any chance of selling just the actual LED strip separate? I'd love a tiny Actinic strip to save myself from making one for my 0.5G tank. Doesn't need the slick housing or anything, just a strip and a driver. Either way, excellent news.

Cant do 18" but the 12" I would want to say would be fine. In Nano box fashion, no optics allows me to do fun stuff. It will connect with a Bluefish :D

OMG Dave. This looks like the perfect solution for my frog tank. Was going to go with a Flare, but this will be better!

Two questions:

1) Any thought on an 18"/15 LED unit?

2) Can one of those little Bluefish chips get thrown in there?

I will keep everyone in the loop. I am so excited about these. When you feel the build quality of the strips, it is on another level!

-Dave

SchnauzerFace

I will definitely be getting a 12" fuge light! Any spoilers on the LED array for that version? I imagine the spectrum will be chosen with macro algae needs in mind?

Given how Dave and Ben seem to share array designs I'm betting the fresh water will be something like two 3000K min 90cri Luxeon T (or 2700K min 80cri), Two 5000K min 80cri Luxeon T, one Lime Rebel ES per strip or similar.

I'm interested in what the naming conventions for these lights will be.

Something like Series Name - Strip Color Name - Size indicator probably

Like the Mini familly used to have with the Tide, Flare, and Glow just with a size indicator in the name.

Mike Savage

Congratulations on the new product Dave!

Nano Strip, Pico Strip, Pico Box? Whatever you call it it is cool! Would be great if this plugged in to an existing fixture and used its power supply and Bluefish!

(Super long, rare fish. Lives at depth of 3000 feet. It's silver. Comes to surface only if sick or injured. Same like potential buyers seeking new light to rescue)

Will the freshwater version have similar LED combinations as the Flare currently does, or a different mixture?

EDIT: Also, will all of the versions be available with Bluefish as an option? Figured I might as well ask ^_^

jedimasterben

Will the freshwater version have similar LED combinations as the Flare currently does, or a different mixture?

EDIT: Also, will all of the versions be available with Bluefish as an option? Figured I might as well ask ^_^

Not sure what Dave will end up with, but instead of 11 or 13 LEDs like the older Flare versions had, these will be multiples of 5. I would assume they will use 2x cool white, 2x warm white, and 1x lime or something like that. That's about what I would use, anyway :)

All will still use LDD drivers which will accept Bluefish dimming.

Not sure what Dave will end up with, but instead of 11 or 13 LEDs like the older Flare versions had, these will be multiples of 5. I would assume they will use 2x cool white, 2x warm white, and 1x lime or something like that. That's about what I would use, anyway :)

All will still use LDD drivers which will accept Bluefish dimming.

Ahh, I see. Biggest reason I was asking is, well, if I'm going to go with Dave's lights for a saltwater tank, why not do the same for freshwater (especially given that I ~really~ want to switch my two freshwater tanks to LED!!)

In any case will be eagerly watching. I'm at least going to be in for a 12" for my FW, and maybe a 4" for my pico especially if you make a reef version in the 18k range, I'd not that actinic might do it. :)

Finished the side caps yesterday. I should have a few good teasers this week for you guys. I am still hammering out exact specs.

FW - looking like a WW,NW,Lime mixture along with a violet.

Name : Possible LEVEL. With multiple tears, LEVEL 1, LEVEL 2 and LEVEL 3.

More to come! So excited to see that everyone else is eagerly excited as well!

-Dave

Oooooh, definitely can't wait. Doubly so since bulb replacement is coming up on my guppy shrimp/JavaFern/Anubias tank...

Would a 12" provide enough illumination for a 10 gallon tank, or would one want to add on 1-2 4" lights alongside it?

Finished the side caps yesterday. I should have a few good teasers this week for you guys. I am still hammering out exact specs.

FW - looking like a WW,NW,Lime mixture along with a violet.

Name : Possible LEVEL. With multiple tears, LEVEL 1, LEVEL 2 and LEVEL 3.

More to come! So excited to see that everyone else is eagerly excited as well!

-Dave

No reds on the freshwater version??

jedimasterben

Oooooh, definitely can't wait. Doubly so since bulb replacement is coming up on my guppy shrimp/JavaFern/Anubias tank...

Would a 12" provide enough illumination for a 10 gallon tank, or would one want to add on 1-2 4" lights alongside it?

A standard 10g is 20", right? You'll probably be ok with just the 12". If you notice that the edges are a little darker than you'd like, you can just grab a 4" and run it next to it :)

No reds on the freshwater version??

Why would there be reds?

Archived