Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Box LED Strips : New Product

DaveFason

WhiteWulfe

No, you'd need four of them staggered. A 24" light does not cover a 48" length. A 36" light barely gets the job done without noticeable shadowing.

Aww, was hoping two would be sufficient. Four makes t5ho's a lot more enticing, but I could understand why one would potentially need to double them up.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planting is happening tonight. And the scape is a little different now

7863E534-08D3-4807-BEB8-025A9F444729_zps

I had the wood in the corner and didn't like it, Dave said pile some soil up in the back left corner. Love it.

Plants

A043C32A-9B4A-4485-B9EE-AC03BA260689_zps

you going for a dry start?

you going for a dry start?

Yea. Using Monte Carlo for the ground covering

Non iPhone pics

ada%20planted_zpsg82ykzkt.jpg

ada%20planted%20v2_zpsfqoulmfg.jpg

Yea. Using Monte Carlo for the ground covering

Non iPhone pics

ada%20planted_zpsg82ykzkt.jpg

ada%20planted%20v2_zpsfqoulmfg.jpg

Nice! Looks great so far. Will you be running CO2 as well once it gets filled up?

Nice! Looks great so far. Will you be running CO2 as well once it gets filled up?

Thanks, really happy the way it turned out. I had a totally different vision walking into the store, then I found that piece of branch.

I have a co2 set up, don't want to run it unless it is necessary.

Thanks, really happy the way it turned out. I had a totally different vision walking into the store, then I found that piece of branch.

I have a co2 set up, don't want to run it unless it is necessary.

Nice. With such a small tank you should only need 1-2 BPS. I'm currently running CO2 on my 40 gallon freshwater tank. Makes a hell of a difference when it comes to maintenance. This way my limiting variable is the nutrient level so I get very little algae. I have been getting some damn black beard algae though.

Nice. With such a small tank you should only need 1-2 BPS. I'm currently running CO2 on my 40 gallon freshwater tank. Makes a hell of a difference when it comes to maintenance. This way my limiting variable is the nutrient level so I get very little algae. I have been getting some damn black beard algae though.

I might try out the twinstar mini

I might try out the twinstar mini

You should look into some moss for the wood or a few plants that will grow larger in the background.

-D

Not to thread jack, but your dry start is way too wet. There should be zero ponding water, or you're going to have crazy algae problems. Drain the water down an put saran wrap over the top of the tank, air it out every couple of days.

No, you cannot do a direct swap. The stock strips are driven with a constant voltage power supply, which is not the 'proper' way to do it. If you tried to push 24v through six LEDs, they'd be at 4v each and would want to pull several amps and would destroy the LEDs instantly.

Hey JMB, what about replacing the stock LEDs in a 6 gal fluval edge with these? how would I go about that?

jedimasterben

Hey JMB, what about replacing the stock LEDs in a 6 gal fluval edge with these? how would I go about that?

You'd need a complete retrofit. Unless you're planning on a planted tank (which even then, I'm still not sure about the mixture of warm and neutral white, my testing it doesn't look good over my planted tank without some royal blue to get the look right), you'll want a 13up board.

Monte Carlo grows much faster submerged. Also emersed leaves are different than submerged so dry start is kind of useless with this plant as when you fill it up the leaves will melt and come back out In submerged form.

I've been trying to research the whole thread, but I think I missed this. Can I use these over a macro-only tank and if so, what two strips? Or I guess which strip!

hay Dave when is this lights coming out? Also how much will it be for the 24"? Can I mount it on the tank rather then using the gooseneck? Thanks

hay Dave when is this lights coming out? Also how much will it be for the 24"? Can I mount it on the tank rather then using the gooseneck? Thanks

I'm not Dave, but... Info wound up getting buried a few pages back in the thread :)

Long night!

I will make an official thread for this. I want to make sure I have this 100% set but will be taking pre-orders for a ship date of July 17th. Pictures will be loaded this week. Side caps will come standard with 10-24 threads for DIY mounting and Nano Box Mounting.

6" - $100

12" - $150

24" - $225

Mounts :

Gooseneck - $22.95 - Great for fresh water set ups, FUGE, etc

L Style Legs - 18.95 - Great for fresh water set ups, FUGE, Actinic add ons

Hanging Kit - 19.95 - Great for fresh water set ups, FUGE, Actinic add ons

The prices are very competitive with the Reef Brite LED/BuildMyLED series. I use only the highest quality LEDs utilizing the Luxeon T, Rebel ES and SEMILED top bin.

The 6" model will work great on small fresh water aquariums ( 12" -14" Length ) using the gooseneck or L style legs.

-Dave

I am curious about one thing myself... Is there an option to add Bluefish, even just a mini for two 12" beams? Seriously contemplating the idea of two planted Spec V's straddling an Edge 12g reef in the middle, and all of them NanoBox powered...

This is definitely something I want to try, I really want a t5/LED setup but I really hate overly blue tanks. I'm shooting for a 10-12k look. Maybe I should run the FW version with t5s instead of the Sw version?

Dave can you possibly a pic 1 FW and 1 actinic, and possibly another with 2 FW and 1 actinic. I do think a 2:1 would be really badass looking.

This is definitely something I want to try, I really want a t5/LED setup but I really hate overly blue tanks. I'm shooting for a 10-12k look. Maybe I should run the FW version with t5s instead of the Sw version?

All white BEAM with two T5s could be cool!

Just like my two Nano Box Hybrids the Beam is worth every penny. This 12" puts out ridiculous light. It looks awesome with the slim form factor and just work very well.

19762769846_91e75f2c79_z.jpgUntitled by Ryan Saalman, on Flickr

by Ryan Saalman, on Flickr

by Ryan Saalman, on Flickr

Thanks Ryan and so glad everything is set up. :)

Dave can you possibly a pic 1 FW and 1 actinic, and possibly another with 2 FW and 1 actinic. I do think a 2:1 would be really badass looking.

1:1 would look a little odd. You will need to do 3 to make it look even. Let me see what I can do.

Archived