Cultivated Reef

Nano Box LED Strips : New Product

DaveFason

Maybe this has already been asked and specified, but is there any control options.

Simply plug connect a PWM cable for most controllers.

So the 24" has 4x strips for a total of 24 LEDs?

Yes sir.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply plug connect a PWM cable for most controllers.

Yes sir.

Ahh ok thanks. Guessing they run at 700ma full power?

jedimasterben

Ahh ok thanks. Guessing they run at 700ma full power?

The stock versions, yes, one of the channels of the strips supports 1A though (the one that doesn't have the violet chip).

No, these are running 350mA. Zero possibility to run that high without some cooling. These are fanless.

-Dave

Can't remember if someone else asked this... With the Freshwater/fuge Beams out now, will there be a possibility for a Freshwater Hybrid as well?

Dave sent me a prototype today. I think you guys will really enjoy this little light. Going to get some FW plants tomorrow

E18844CA-2AC4-4F7B-BE0A-F7C8A71C053B_zps

9634C24F-A1E2-4B56-B521-DA7C2CC55FDA_zps

Thanks Dave! I will take better pics tomorrow

Can't remember if someone else asked this... With the Freshwater/fuge Beams out now, will there be a possibility for a Freshwater Hybrid as well?

I sure can. Just anything you need!

-Dave

6" Freshwater BEAM.

18761256556_298d8da6d1_c.jpgbeamteaser by David Fason, on Flickr

-Dave

I sure can. Just anything you need!

-Dave

6" Freshwater BEAM.

18761256556_298d8da6d1_c.jpgbeamteaser by David Fason, on Flickr

-Dave

This is wonderful news. Time to spend a bit less on various computer parts, dry ice, and acetone and start saving up for lights (and IM Fusion 30's) ^_^

When I get back in town I will nail a coverage chart. The single easy covers the 12" cube. I will have PAR numbers too

When I get back in town I will nail a coverage chart. The single easy covers the 12" cube. I will have PAR numbers too

Alright. Was thinking about for a standard 10 gallon which I think is 20".

Alright. Was thinking about for a standard 10 gallon which I think is 20".

You could get away with the 12" model.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...
WhiteWulfe

Hey Dave, what size would you recommend for the Fluval Ebi if it's moderately planted? With it being eventually transferred over to a fusion 10.

...at least my betta's 10g standard started leaking when I was home, and not ten minutes later (it sprung the leak five minutes before heading to work, fweee)

EDIT: Also.... Would two 24" freshwater strips provide at least "medium" light levels for a 75 gallon? Seems my plans for a nice big planted tiger barb/redtail black shark (and maybe some loaches) tank have been accelerated.

Hey Dave, what size would you recommend for the Fluval Ebi if it's moderately planted? With it being eventually transferred over to a fusion 10.

...at least my betta's 10g standard started leaking when I was home, and not ten minutes later (it sprung the leak five minutes before heading to work, fweee)

EDIT: Also.... Would two 24" freshwater strips provide at least "medium" light levels for a 75 gallon? Seems my plans for a nice big planted tiger barb/redtail black shark (and maybe some loaches) tank have been accelerated.

I would do a 12" as well if you are heading to the Fusion10.

I am finishing PAR values for the BEAM line and will see what I can do for a 75g.

Thanks!

WhiteWulfe

I would do a 12" as well if you are heading to the Fusion10.

I am finishing PAR values for the BEAM line and will see what I can do for a 75g.

Thanks!

Sounds great, and I look forward to seeing how things go ^_^ Would be neat if two 24" Beams did put out enough to get some pretty good cover for a 75 gallon tank ^_^

Nanofreak79

The beam would be a perfect replacement for the cheap mini that never really took off. Lots of pico and other smaller tanks using these. You just need a freshwater, actinic and full spec version. No bells and whistles, just a solid light, also cheapest option for intensity change. Jmo

jedimasterben

The beam would be a perfect replacement for the cheap mini that never really took off. Lots of pico and other smaller tanks using these. You just need a freshwater, actinic and full spec version. No bells and whistles, just a solid light, also cheapest option for intensity change. Jmo

The issue is that it is not a 'full' array like the 13up boards, it is missing cyan. Anyway, they are $100 each for the 6" model, with a reef needing two and still not coming with a controller, that puts you at $200 for an on/off setup and $300 with controller, which is the same price as the Mini Tide. Doesn't make any sense, these are larger and have less output, you could just tell Dave you want a Mini without the controller.

Sounds great, and I look forward to seeing how things go ^_^ Would be neat if two 24" Beams did put out enough to get some pretty good cover for a 75 gallon tank ^_^

No, you'd need four of them staggered. A 24" light does not cover a 48" length. A 36" light barely gets the job done without noticeable shadowing.

Archived