Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Box LED Strips : New Product

DaveFason

jedimasterben

For plants

Dedicated red LEDs are inefficient and distracting compared to using warm white. Unless they are heavily diffused and placed almost touching other LEDs, they create significant color banding, whereas warm whites do not. Warm whites also increase CRI and introduce much more spectra than red.

Warm white (specifically 95CRI 2700K Rebel ES)

rebel%2520es%25202700k%252095cri.png

Direct-color LEDs (see how narrow deep red is, our eyes pick that out like a sore thumb)

Rebel%2520and%2520ES%2520color.png

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A standard 10g is 20", right? You'll probably be ok with just the 12". If you notice that the edges are a little darker than you'd like, you can just grab a 4" and run it next to it :)

Definitely good to know, and yup 20" wide indeed. Also, it's "just" a betta tank and only has Hygro and Java Fern "Windelov" in it right now, but eventually I wouldn't mind giving Tyr (my crowntail betta) a bit more variety in plants, and might consider adding CO2 into his tank with one of those paintball tank kits from Green Leaf. In other words, I want to have plants that are just a tad more interesting, but since he kills anything I put into the tank (seriously, he's killed turtle snails!!) it will be an interesting balancing act to say the least.

jedimasterben

Definitely good to know, and yup 20" wide indeed. Also, it's "just" a betta tank and only has Hygro and Java Fern "Windelov" in it right now, but eventually I wouldn't mind giving Tyr (my crowntail betta) a bit more variety in plants, and might consider adding CO2 into his tank with one of those paintball tank kits from Green Leaf. In other words, I want to have plants that are just a tad more interesting, but since he kills anything I put into the tank (seriously, he's killed turtle snails!!) it will be an interesting balancing act to say the least.

:lol:

If you're planning on going high-tech later on you will need some more light, but in the meantime you can let it ride.

:lol:

If you're planning on going high-tech later on you will need some more light, but in the meantime you can let it ride.

Definitely good to know! A high tech tank is something I'm still debating about... I'd rather put the extra cash a high tech tank requires into a nice saltwater setup ^_^

I know you say you're figuring more out this month but do you have any timeline on release? (12") I'd like to redo my Betta tank this summer with a decent tank and a real light etc. :)

Why would Dave make more work for himself? ;)

If the housing itself is only 1.5"X1" what else are you going to cram in there lol ?! Unless it's another custom board he's going to use.

Put me down for a Pair for my Quad! And if for some crazy reason you needed someone to give them a test run I'd be more than willing!! lol

Hoping to have a PDF of the new board. I will NEVER use three ups or singles for a finished product. The work is insane.

New pictures tonight. :)

-Dave

. I will NEVER use three ups or singles for a finished product. The work is insane.

-Dave

Does that make my tide an antique... Or maybe even a collectors edition? :lol:

My guess would be 5 up boards that connect together with some sort of male female port system. That's what I would do anyways, go as solder less as possible.

Looks like 4 luxeon t footprints, one rebel es footprint (lime) and, one 3535 footprint (violet).

Two channel split with 2 T's with the lime and two T's with the violet.

Solder pads on both ends so you can link them easier by either jumpering the right side pads to each other (likely with a 0ohm resistor or similar) or linking them to the pads of the next board via wire.

Lovely layout. Simple with a modular flare to it.

Looks like 4 luxeon t footprints, one rebel es footprint (lime) and, one 3535 footprint (violet).

Two channel split with 2 T's with the lime and two T's with the violet.

Solder pads on both ends so you can link them easier by either jumpering the right side pads to each other (likely with a 0ohm resistor or similar) or linking them to the pads of the next board via wire.

Lovely layout. Simple with a modular flare to it.

You got it. Even though these are strips I wanted to use the best LEDs out there. Best bang for your buck ( for you guys! ).

1 Warm White T, 1 Lime ES, 1 Blue T, 2 Royal Blue T, and a SemiLED Violet?

Luxeon T only come in white and royal blue.

jedimasterben

1 Warm White T, 1 Lime ES, 1 Blue T, 2 Royal Blue T, and a SemiLED Violet?

They won't be made for primary lighting for saltwater ;) There aren't enough LEDs to be able to properly fill in the 'white gap' from 460-500nm and still have enough white, royal, and violet.

Archived