Top Shelf Aquatics

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

On 4/27/2018 at 9:24 AM, gena said:

For some reason I didn't think you had a tank anymore.  I hope you can figure this out!!!!  I'd personally do a huge cleaning.  Pull all of the rock out, scrub the tank down, clean the back chambers and all pumps really good.  It's a lot of work but it does make a difference.  Everything is pissed off as it is so a little moving around shouldn't make much difference :unsure:.  

LOL yep still have a tank plus the empty 90. So I got rid of all the the fine Oolite sand and replaced with a deeper new live Bimini pink Aragonite. Cleaned the AIO, pumps and scrubbed as much of the rock as I could. Tank looked even worse for a few days but its on the re-bound. I think this issue was 2 fold, direct sunlight and the gawd damn dinos. The frogspawn is coming back and some of hammerspawn (completely made up name for my hammer, frogspawn, octospawn combo rock) is coming back. Ive been taking a turkey baster to the rocks and corals but the slimly brown bubbly snot is an impressive fortified enemy. 

Before the move away from the sunlight.

IMG_2401.jpg

Today

IMG_2427.JPG

• Like 1

One of the three nems moved and started a fight with the orange ringed thingie....I had to move it. Getting a bit of cyano with the new sand but not too worried about it. However i noticed the stand was a bit wobbly tonight. :mellow: We had a minor earthquake last week and am wondering if the shaking compromised the stand, the base has a new crack and the front upright has a crack in the paint at the front panel. Not taking chances with this shit building a new stand next weekend.    

• Like 2

Well Randy is MIA :( and Mr. Snappy pants replacement hasn't been seen i awhile. I think Randy may have died from a broken heart after their weird inner species sex party came to an end. I blame Sancho Jr. Its his job to feed the fish and hell he neglects them more than I could :lol: But seriously i am bummed the Randle goby was a cool fish. Tested my water again tonight and nothing is out of whack, inspected the perimeter of the tank for fish jerky. I hate loosing fish! I cant control the jumpers but the hey i'm here one day and #### you gone the next has me scratching my head. 

Soo Looking for a Yasha goby, pistol shrimp pair this time around.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jack1978 said:

You building that stand yet?

Just got off work having a beer with a co worker now. I should get to the stand building this weekend.....maybe 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
45 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Just got off work having a beer with a co worker now. I should get to the stand building this weekend.....maybe 

What ya building ? This might be interesting................:wink: 

• Like 1
On 5/18/2018 at 6:47 PM, spectra said:

What ya building ? This might be interesting................:wink: 

Didn’t get to it quick enough......tank split a seam today 😡 water steadily leaked out of the tank today. Looks like the bottom gave out. Made a run to petco picked up a 20 long.....in the process of getting the tank drained, trying to save the hardwood floor and livestock. 

76155D57-49AF-47B5-A7FA-D6530E19EDCA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
1 hour ago, Sancho said:

Yep this is gonna be fun to play with tonight.....

3CAE3118-D46D-4661-8886-627D9C600C5F.jpeg

I'd just throw it all in the trash.

...not really, but..... maybe.  You think the tank gave out on it's own, or did the wonky stand for it?

Lost a clown and my gold hammer. The IKEA bookshelf we used to store shoes downstairs was a perfect fit for the petco 20 long. Nems are pissed though. Gonna let it be for a bit before I start scaping.

174B2216-FC85-4CBD-AF37-477DAB2E9BD3.jpeg

15 hours ago, jack1978 said:

I'd just throw it all in the trash.

...not really, but..... maybe.  You think the tank gave out on it's own, or did the wonky stand for it?

It came apart in the front left bottom and the right rear bottom almost like it was twisted.  :blink: Doesn’t make sense  to me even though the stand got a bit wonky the top is still level. 

All the euphyllia gave up the ghost and slimed out last week. The 2 remaining green fuzzy shrooms also melted away. :mellow: Down to 3 GBTA's, 1 lobo, cleaner shrimp, the dottyback and my new replacement clown pair. Cyano took over after the transfer

• Sad 3
A Little Blue

Had no idea that you were going thru so much bs lately 😳 Not sure how I missed that but damn....... I know exactly how it feels. Not sure what to say, other than you have to pick up all the broken pieces and make it better.

Good luck. 

Buy a real tank and be done with this shit :wink: hell sunday is fathers day just bring home a new tank and say thanks to the kids :lol:

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, spectra said:

Buy a real tank and be done with this shit :wink: hell sunday is fathers day just bring home a new tank and say thanks to the kids :lol:

I have a real tank! A custom built 90. I need to get my kitchen remodeled before that thing gets wet. 

1 minute ago, Sancho said:

I have a real tank! A custom built 90. I need to get my kitchen remodeled before that thing gets wet. 

Well get the #### going.......... hell cant you buy a new kitchen on amazon :lol:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sancho said:

Nah. It needs to get wet before your kitchen can get remodeled. Where are your priorities?

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Nah. It needs to get wet before your kitchen can get remodeled. Where are your priorities?

its actually gonna be part of the kitchen cabinets sort of. So I dont want to fill it up to just drain it when I finally get to doing the kitchen..............yeah its been about 6 years :lol: I keep saying next tax refund but other shit keeps coming up. Maybe time to re-fi and pull some equity to just get this shit done 

• Like 4