Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

********The Euphyllia Club********

CosmicCanine

I just have the common hammer, but I really dig it. Bought it with 2 heads, and it started a third almost immediately:

olkwP79.jpg

(My new HTC One M8 phone has a sucktacular camera. I can't wait until Verizon gets the next Nokia flagship. Sigh.)

This thread got me poking around at some of the outstanding pics out there... I found this. Holy crap!

Hammer.jpg

• Like 2
righttirefire

Get it. Not weird at all, I personally don't go much on branching, each to their own when it comes to corals.

Thomas what do you like about the Walling variety?

• Like 1

Never seen it happen in my tank, mine just splits into new mouths. Sounds neat, did you happen to get any pictures?

yes i did,

20140908_182546_zpsf3242a78.jpg

This thread got me poking around at some of the outstanding pics out there... I found this. Holy crap!

Hammer.jpg

i have a hammer like this, and ironiclly it was the one that had eggs for me

Thomas what do you like about the Walling variety?

Just prefer the growth pattern, rather than grow off into new heads in random directions all of the growth just concentrates around the middle and evenly grows out around all sides, it's gone from the size of a large marble to a baseball since owning (was my first coral) and split 2 new mouths. Most of the hammers I see at my LFS are wall varieties.

ReefSafeSolutions

Love that shot!

Question for the frogspawn owners...do you have any hermit crabs posting up in your frogspawns?? I've got this hermit crab that won't leave mine alone! It'll just sit on the stalk and even in the tentacles sometimes. I got a little clown that likes swimming around in the tentacles but hasn't lately...not sure if that's because of the crab or what, but the crab behavior is annoying for sure!

Love that shot!

Question for the frogspawn owners...do you have any hermit crabs posting up in your frogspawns?? I've got this hermit crab that won't leave mine alone! It'll just sit on the stalk and even in the tentacles sometimes. I got a little clown that likes swimming around in the tentacles but hasn't lately...not sure if that's because of the crab or what, but the crab behavior is annoying for sure!

i put the branches of my frogspawn into pvc pipe, crabs usually cant climb on it

ReefSafeSolutions

Will crabs damage the coral or do they just like to hang out on it? if they aren't doing damage I guess I don't mind...

My frogspawn is still attached to the frag disk so I can't exactly put PVC pipe around it at the moment, unfortunately...but that's a great tip, I'll keep it in mind for down the road when I remove the disk!

Will crabs damage the coral or do they just like to hang out on it? if they aren't doing damage I guess I don't mind...

My frogspawn is still attached to the frag disk so I can't exactly put PVC pipe around it at the moment, unfortunately...but that's a great tip, I'll keep it in mind for down the road when I remove the disk!

my crabs love to sit on corals, but never really caused any damage unless it was sensitive or otherwise already damaged,

• Like 1
CosmicCanine

My hellfire torch (the purple one) has been turning a lighter color. like its bleaching but just starting to. time to turn the lights down a few %. my octospawn has 4 babies on the skeleton and boy they grow fast!! My branching hammer i dont think ive poted photos of him. BRB LOL!

Torch is looking much happier in his new home.

20150421_093659_zpsuvgro35x.jpg

New Frogspawn- Color doesn't come thru on the picture as nice as I'd like but he's beautiful in person. Not a bad snag for $20.

20150421_093636_zpsuc4xneyj.jpg

• Like 1

I'm in love with this topic. Just found it and will be following it. :D

Well I picked up my hammer coral some time last month from a local reefer. Could resist the awesome deal. It's been doing really good and It has actually got bigger since I got it.

I went to my LFS yesterday to pick up freshwater and ended up walking out with the new frogspawn on the left. I was wondering is there anything I can do to help it open up more? It seems like its a little shriveled up and not as opened.

17250758695_719bf605a0.jpgAHODMV | Frogspawn | Day 1 by ahoDMV, on Flickr