Coral Vue Hydros

********The Euphyllia Club********

CosmicCanine

Are you using phone or camera to capture photos?

doesn't matter, I've used two different phones and a camera, hard to pick up that gold color on any of them for whatever reason.

• Like 1

doesn't matter, I've used two different phones and a camera, hard to pick up that gold color on any of them for whatever reason.

Like I said...... white balance and actic light.

white balance can be set easily. But blues need to be dimmed down as well.

Heres the difference for all of you that wanted to know. First off T's is SO green. think of going into a blacklighted room with a flourescent green shirt on, then make it somewhat transparent. there ya go. thats T's color. Second the polyps on the T's are WAY longer than a normal run of the mill green torch. heres a comparison. the T's is the top down shot and the normal green torch is the side shot.

The original poster on reef central that HAS that todds torch said that thing had 2 feet tentacles one day!! crazy!

post-83142-0-33730700-1424117477_thumb.jpg

post-83142-0-48169700-1424117520_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Heres the difference for all of you that wanted to know. First off T's is SO green. think of going into a blacklighted room with a flourescent green shirt on, then make it somewhat transparent. there ya go. thats T's color. Second the polyps on the T's are WAY longer than a normal run of the mill green torch. heres a comparison. the T's is the top down shot and the normal green torch is the side shot.

The original poster on reef central that HAS that todds torch said that thing had 2 feet tentacles one day!! crazy!

I don't think I want a torch with tentacles that long. If long tentacles is what am after then I am better off getting a really nice anemone. Aside from the tentacles being super long there is nothing special about this torch. The krytptonite green torch is way nicer than that one.

I want one !!!!!

Goodluck! Ive been trying to get my hands on one for 3 years!! I cant find anyone that has one! I missed out on a girl selling her whole tank on CL about a month ago and she had one! dammit. They go for around 100$ a head!!!!! I got my green torch for 17$ and its half split lol! Does anybody know how to increase tentacle length on a normal torch? or is it just after their happy the extend out alot more after a few months? I WANT GIANT POLYP EXTENSION! lol!

I don't think I want a torch with tentacles that long. If long tentacles is what am after then I am better off getting a really nice anemone. Aside from the tentacles being super long there is nothing special about this torch. The krytptonite green torch is way nicer than that one.

Post a picture of the Krypto?? Ive never seen one!

Check out my profile photo... one of the 30+ "free" heads of torch that were available at my LFS this spring.

Apparently a long-term customer purchased this torch, and after ~12 years of growth it was fragged and donated back to be given away to other locals... as a new reefer, I thought that was a pretty neat concept!

What gives a torch the most stunning "POP" in color? Higher light or lower light? I have dimmable LEDS and right now theyre around 35% whites and 100% blues over a ten gallon. Its a 120W full spectrum box. hah.

Check out my profile photo... one of the 30+ "free" heads of torch that were available at my LFS this spring.

Apparently a long-term customer purchased this torch, and after ~12 years of growth it was fragged and donated back to be given away to other locals... as a new reefer, I thought that was a pretty neat concept!

I see.... It'd be better if you could post the photo here so its larger. hard to see the color in that tiny itty bitty photo haha :)

• Like 1

Here's a shot for you Husky. Under full light, it washes out a bit, but as the whites go down and the blues go up, the white tips really pop. Fast grower too...

Torch201_zpsagxwaxur.jpg

• Like 2

Here's a shot for you Husky. Under full light, it washes out a bit, but as the whites go down and the blues go up, the white tips really pop. Fast grower too...

Torch201_zpsagxwaxur.jpg

SO beautiful! Thanks for the shot!

• Like 1

Goodluck! Ive been trying to get my hands on one for 3 years!! I cant find anyone that has one! I missed out on a girl selling her whole tank on CL about a month ago and she had one! dammit. They go for around 100$ a head!!!!! I got my green torch for 17$ and its half split lol! Does anybody know how to increase tentacle length on a normal torch? or is it just after their happy the extend out alot more after a few months? I WANT GIANT POLYP EXTENSION! lol!

Post a picture of the Krypto?? Ive never seen one!

Your determination is greater then mine. So I will just wait for frag from you when you find it ;)

As to color. More vibrant colors seem in torches in a slightly lower light. As to PA ..... I am not 100 percent sure but torch in higher flow seems to have better PA then the one on sand bed.

Your determination is greater then mine. So I will just wait for frag from you when you find it ;)

As to color. More vibrant colors seem in torches in a slightly lower light. As to PA ..... I am not 100 percent sure but torch in higher flow seems to have better PA then the one on sand bed.

Well... idk whats happpening... (I took your advice BTW, I dimmed my lights a little.) Well i jusst got home ive been gone for a few hours. and guess what... my torch is half split. well. one side is retracted (the one in higher flow) and the other is extended. Sooo im guessing too much flow for him. I also moved him down to the sandbed in a less light less flow area.. lets see what happens i guess? If anyone has suggestions please let me know. thank you!

• Like 1

Well... idk whats happpening... (I took your advice BTW, I dimmed my lights a little.) Well i jusst got home ive been gone for a few hours. and guess what... my torch is half split. well. one side is retracted (the one in higher flow) and the other is extended. Sooo im guessing too much flow for him. I also moved him down to the sandbed in a less light less flow area.. lets see what happens i guess? If anyone has suggestions please let me know. thank you!

I should mention that it took me over a month to acclimate ot to higher flow/light.

• Like 1

I should mention that it took me over a month to acclimate ot to higher flow/light.

That wouldve helped. lol... oh well. its in more lowishhhhh flow? now. lol.... i cant tell the differenve between high/med/low/ lol... ill post a video hold on.

This is how it was this morning. now its all closed and looks pissed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0dZEx8_1SI

Ill post a video of it as of now in a little bit. im eating haha (General Tso chicken and rockstar energy drink lol) yum

Todds supposedly originated from "TRS" whatever that is...

Trs is the reef shoppe in rochester. One of the many local places to say it originated from. Great place though

• Like 1

The first coral I get for my tank when I set it up will be a gold torch, I'll post a pic here when I get it.

Awesome cant wait!

Don't have this torch anymore but it was a beauty and my clown loved it!

14601191405_846bf0b525.jpg

*orgasms* so nice dude..... i cant freakin deal with how nice your pico sIII is! sorry to hear about the jelly :( i hope it all end out well for you.

• Like 2

HuskyBoy

Any major change in light intensity or flow is not really recommended. If you want to try high/low flow placement or light intensity, you should do it gradually. That goes for almost any specie. Also, benefits or degradation in color and PE won't be obvious right away but after longer period of time. Light and flow are just some of factors that can impact health and appearance of your corals. Nutrients, calcium level, alkalinity stability and other factors affect health of LPS, SPS, softies etc.

P.S

I watched your videos. And that might be to much of a flow. Also, indirect flow should work better. Start in 2nd position and slowly move it higher up. But that is up to you. You will know when and where your torch is happiest.

• Like 1

P.S

I watched your videos. And that might be to much of a flow. Also, indirect flow should work better. Start in 2nd position and slowly move it higher up. But that is up to you. You will know when and where your torch is happiest.

Look at this sucker go! i wish mine looked like that :(

• Like 2

Mine has very good tentacle extension, and grows very well. It's located in what I would call "medium-flow." It's about 8-10" in front of the MP10, but is beneath the main flow, and so the flow hits it after it bounces off the front glass. The tentacles are always moving a lot, but they're not being blasted by the powerhead. I've seen some torches that love to get the full force of a pump, but mine does very well in a medium flow zone.

Look at this sucker go! i wish mine looked like that :(

Nice!!!!!!!!!

It reminds me of PE on her tho

Fallon Nicole Good Hair Day headbang to Deftones Street Carp: