Innovative Marine Aquariums

********The Euphyllia Club********

CosmicCanine

************The Euphyllia Club************

-- Post Pictures of your Euphyllia!

-- Ask any questions!

-- Show us cool corals from the net! (Euphyllia ONLY)

-- Sell your Euphyllia on here!

-- Got a high end? Let us know!

-- Post videos!!!!

-- Lastly, HAVE FUN!!!!!

****Member appreciation****

About Euphyllia - http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/10/corals

Cool Euphyllia tank

-The Hammer Cube is a masterpiece created by a reefer named Andrew who is located down below in Australia. He decided that with this new 60 gallon (24″) cube, he wanted to take his love affair with Euphyllia ancora to the next level by creating a reef tank that was setup with the sole purpose of keeping as many of them as possible (along with a few other corals).

The reef aquarium hobby is dominated with an endless amount of beautiful coral that comes in every shape, color and size. For that reason, it’s rather uncommon to see a tank that is dominated with a single species of coral as most people prefer to try their luck with a mixed reef.

Read more: http://reefbuilders.com/2013/12/17/the-hammer-cube-is-a-euphyllia-dominated-masterpiece/#ixzz3SVfQzB15

post-83142-0-22042300-1424638819_thumb.jpg

Amazing! Klein your green is A+! And Drama i love your gold! Does anyone know how people make their torches extend like crazy!?? My torches extension is only an inch maybe 1 1/2. How do people make them go crazy long like 5+ inches???

Yeah, thanks. When I got it, there were just a babies all over it. Had about 16 tiny heads. Today, there are 4 large ones + several babies and two medium ones that fell off. But they are doing fine.

Yep sure is a branching hammer. a nice one too. nice colors.

Im trying to get my hands on a "Todds torch"

Todds are nice. Hard to find. Hope you get your hands on one soon. I would love to get one but space is limited. Perhaps in another tank.

• Like 1

Yeah, thanks. When I got it, there were just a babies all over it. Had about 16 tiny heads. Today, there are 4 large ones + several babies and two medium ones that fell off. But they are doing fine.

Todds are nice. Hard to find. Hope you get your hands on one soon. I would love to get one but space is limited. Perhaps in another tank.

Todds originated in new york. i think buffalo or rochester i forgot. anways. i live 2 hours from where theyre from. i guess if you dont live in NY or NJ you aint gettin one. lol!

Todds originated in new york. i think buffalo or rochester i forgot. anways. i live 2 hours from where theyre from. i guess if you dont live in NY or NJ you aint gettin one. lol!

I did not know that.

And I guess I qualify lol

Watchn SNL 40 right now.

I've heard many fables about this Todd character. I'm in rochester, and every other shop says Todd torch originated in their store. And Todd must have worked at every lfs in upstate ny haha. It's also funny to see each stores version of Todd torch, not to mention the ridiculous price tags. I got a head of a torch that looks similar to todds for 20$. I showed the pic to a few different lfs's and hobbyists, and they all say it's a todds haha.

I don't think there are too many actual todds around, but they do pop up for sale every once in a while up here. I thought it was just a local thing.

14630678800_70f6a9d40a_z.jpg

not a great pic, but it's a 3 head aussie gold torch - dunno about anyone else, but I have a really hard time trying to photograph the gold, it never shows up in pictures and looks like a tan/brown torch.

I really want a todds or todd look-a-like

I've heard many fables about this Todd character. I'm in rochester, and every other shop says Todd torch originated in their store. And Todd must have worked at every lfs in upstate ny haha. It's also funny to see each stores version of Todd torch, not to mention the ridiculous price tags. I got a head of a torch that looks similar to todds for 20$. I showed the pic to a few different lfs's and hobbyists, and they all say it's a todds haha.

I don't think there are too many actual todds around, but they do pop up for sale every once in a while up here. I thought it was just a local thing.

Todds supposedly originated from "TRS" whatever that is...

What makes Todd's Torch corals special? I looked it up and it seems like a regular green torch to me.

it's just known for being brighter and more flowy, think of it like the "ideal" green torch. I personally don't care one way or the other for lineage bs, but they are good looking torches.

it's just known for being brighter and more flowy, think of it like the "ideal" green torch. I personally don't care one way or the other for lineage bs, but they are good looking torches.

I looked them up and they don't look brighter than the regular Green Torch. To me they just look like a regular green torch but perhaps I need glasses :)

This is the Greensest torch I have ever seen. I bought it from an online vendor and it truly looks that green in person. Its a real beauty.

0e00a2d81af7d00057ffd4232f9d745d.jpg

• Like 1

I don't really bother with correcting white balance. But that and actic lights over our tanks are main reason for distorted color balance.

You can try turning off your blues, set your camera to correct white balance or use correction software/app to fix that.

Here is my previous picture after correction by free android app:

fIquY1i.jpg

xlPVO59.jpg

14630678800_70f6a9d40a_z.jpg not a great pic, but it's a 3 head aussie gold torch - dunno about anyone else, but I have a really hard time trying to photograph the gold, it never shows up in pictures and looks like a tan/brown torch. I really want a todds or todd look-a-like

I don't really bother with correcting white balance. But that and actic lights over our tanks are main reason for distorted color balance.

You can try turning off your blues, set your camera to correct white balance or use correction software/app to fix that.

Here is my previous picture after correction by free android app:

fIquY1i.jpg

the blue isn't the problem, I can take pretty decent pics, my problem is getting the gold to show up in pictures, for whatever reason I can't ever get it to show. same with the blue polyps on my mystic sunset, they usually look white in pics.

the blue isn't the problem, I can take pretty decent pics, my problem is getting the gold to show up in pictures, for whatever reason I can't ever get it to show. same with the blue polyps on my mystic sunset, they usually look white in pics.

Are you using phone or camera to capture photos?